Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Kimsang wrote: »
    Didn't they want 30m from Juve? I guess now is as good a time as any to get the ball rolling :rolleyes: we literally have hours to go

Levy+Wheelbarrow.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Ormus wrote: »
    You're forgetting Son.

Winks is now first back up to Dembele I'd say.

N'Jie will only leave if replaced by Nkoudou.

Alli, Carroll and Onomah can also deputise for Dembele in League Cup games. Dier and Wanyama can play centre half. Dier can play right back. We're signing the keeper Lopez.

We'll get to see Edwards given a chance this season. I'm really looking forward to that.

I guarantee by January at least one of our youths will be a proven performer with the first team.

Thats the bit people are choosing to neglect.

At the beginning of last season who wouldve said that Dier and Alli would be indespensible players in the starting 11?

I get it that the CL SHOULD be a step up but this year we have a glorified Europa League group.

Can anyone provide a realistic target thats available who would then choose to come to spurs over Chelsea, City, United or Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

SISSOKO SET FOR MOVE

It's starting to bubble up nicely! The France national team have tweeted that Moussa Sissoko has been allowed to leave their camp to complete a transfer.

Sky sources understand Tottenham have made a bid for Sissoko.

Feck sake///

If we were guaranteed to get the 2014 or the Euros 2016 version id be delighted. Hows he going to react when hes clearly 4/5th choice CM?

Also he threw himself to the ground to get a peno against Vertonghen in the last game of the season to go 3-1....wouldnt mind seeing that introduction

Sissoko cost Newcastle £1.5 million.

Square pegs in round holes.

• Advertisement

L'Equipe reporting he's in advanced negotiations with Everton.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    L'Equipe reporting he's in advanced negotiations with Everton.

Now that I believe.

Harry Redknapp on Spurs bid for Sissoko on @talkSPORT: "If Newcastle are asking for £35million Daniel (Levy) will bid £5m."

SISSOKO UPDATE

Sky sources understand Newcastle will sell Moussa Sissoko to Tottenham.

We understand Newcastle want £30m for the midfielder and the club will accept five payments of £6m per instalment.

He will be our record signing? I think Lamela was €30m/£26m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

MrKingsley wrote: »
    If we were guaranteed to get the 2014 or the Euros 2016 version id be delighted. Hows he going to react when hes clearly 4/5th choice CM?

Also he threw himself to the ground to get a peno against Vertonghen in the last game of the season to go 3-1....wouldnt mind seeing that introduction

If we got the good Sissoko he'd be a regular in our team. He's an unbelievable athlete on his day. Maybe Poch could get the best out of him. Or maybe his effort would drop after two months and he'd rot in the reserves.

I doubt Vertonghen even remembers it was him who dived. It's part of professional football at this stage, happens every game.

• Advertisement

Sky Sports report Spurs are not willing to pay £30M for Moussa Sissoko and have cooled their interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Thats the bit people are choosing to neglect.

At the beginning of last season who wouldve said that Dier and Alli would be indespensible players in the starting 11?

I get it that the CL SHOULD be a step up but this year we have a glorified Europa League group.

Can anyone provide a realistic target thats available who would then choose to come to spurs over Chelsea, City, United or Arsenal?

the owners of the club have positioned themselves for us not to compete with anyone at the moment not to mention the big boys.

We have unprecedented levels of revenue from SKY/BT, The Champions League and player sales and yet the likes of Aston Villa in the Championship have spent around 30mil more than us so far. Its embarrassing.

And I don't buy the excuse that the cost of the new stadium is holding us back. The project involves financing from the banks and a partnership NFL, and Lewis could (if he cared) pay for the whole bloody thing, but we all know that won't be happening.

Looking forward to a few usual undervalued no hope token bids from DL today to create the illusion that he actually whats to strengthen the squad.

The good work of last season is being destroyed, its sickening but not very surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

My issue with the £30m being bandied about is that Sissoko isn't what we need.

We need someone like Isco. I'd be delighted if we paid £30m or even £40m for him.

London Evening Standard state Spurs are willing to sell Tom Carroll before the transfer deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sissoko's stats for the last few seasons;

15/16: 1 goal, 8 assists in 3,402 mins
    14/15: 5/2 in 3,275
    13/14: 3/4 in 3,241
    12/13: 4/4 in 3,461

Hardly a £30m player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

We need someone like Isco. I'd be delighted if we paid £30m or even £40m for him.

Real won't sell, they're faced with a transfer ban. Loan or sell to us with a buyback clause are the only options

Sky Sources understand Real Madrid attacker Isco will not be joining Tottenham Hotspur today.

Like, no way!!

They'll be no more incoming. Other than the French lad and and the Spaniard.

Too dear to do - D. Levy :D

the owners of the club have positioned themselves for us not to compete with anyone at the moment not to mention the big boys.

We have unprecedented levels of revenue from SKY/BT, The Champions League and player sales and yet the likes of Aston Villa in the Championship have spent around 30mil more than us so far. Its embarrassing.

And I don't buy the excuse that the cost of the new stadium is holding us back. The project involves financing from the banks and a partnership NFL, and Lewis could (if he cared) pay for the whole bloody thing, but we all know that won't be happening.

Looking forward to a few usual undervalued no hope token bids from DL today to create the illusion that he actually whats to strengthen the squad.

The good work of last season is being destroyed, its sickening but not very surprising.

:pac::pac::pac: Yep, it's embarrassing to be spending less and yet be way more successful than Aston Villa. The shame of it all. How will we ever look them in the eye again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sky Sources understand Real Madrid attacker Isco will not be joining Tottenham Hotspur today.

I'd tend to believe the very opposite of everything "Sky sources understand" tbh, only trying to influence betting

• Advertisement

I'd tend to believe the very opposite of everything "Sky sources understand" tbh, only trying to influence betting

Most likely your correct, maybe he'll send a heartfelt letter as to why he rejected us.

I could not give a toss what Villa or any other team are doing to be honest.

When we spend money, like we did under Ramos and with the Bale money everyone complains that we overpay for average players.

When we spend wisely(in my opinion) like we have this summer everyones up in arms that were losing ground and moving backwards.

Can we not just put faith in the players and coaching staff that have gotten us to the CL with the addition of 2 solid players?

Last year the consensus (on here for whatever its worth) was that Son and N'Jie werent up to the task. This summer apparently they are being off loaded yet people still arent happy

Daily Mail state Spurs have contacted Manchester United about potentially signing Morgan Schneiderlin?

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Daily Mail state Spurs have contacted Manchester United about potentially signing Morgan Schneiderlin?

I would've loved him this time last year. Or even instead of Wanyama. But not sure we need him now.

something's wrong when the likes of Villa, West Ham and Palace are spending/investing more than Tottenham on players.

The thing is, if Poch wants Sissoko, or Isco or Zaha or Berehino or whoever, Levy should go out and do the deals and stop pissing around with derisory bids which embarrass us and make us look like a small time outfit. Its not surprising so many club chairman hate us given the way we act.

Poch has proved himself and Levy should give him the backing he deserves. At this point I can't see Poch hanging around long term with such a backward transfer policy. When the results start going tits up - Poch will blame the transfer window and he'll be out the door like all those before him.

an the painful cycle just starts all over again......

Well were just going to go round in circles here but this will be my last point on it.

Looking back through Pochettinos career, before spurs he had only twice spent more than 10 million on a player. Those two players? Gaston Ramirez and Dani Osvaldo.

Look at all the young, progressive and successful players that have come through Pochettinos/ Paul Mitchells teams and they are almost exclusively youth team products or have been bought at low prices because the coaching/technical staff have seen massive potential in them.

Spending more money does not mean we will have a better, more competitve team

something's wrong when the likes of Villa, West Ham and Palace are spending/investing more than Tottenham on players.

The thing is, if Poch wants Sissoko, or Isco or Zaha or Berehino or whoever, Levy should go out and do the deals and stop pissing around with derisory bids which embarrass us and make us look like a small time outfit. Its not surprising so many club chairman hate us given the way we act.

Poch has proved himself and Levy should give him the backing he deserves. At this point I can't see Poch hanging around long term with such a backward transfer policy. When the results start going tits up - Poch will blame the transfer window and he'll be out the door like all those before him.

an the painful cycle just starts all over again......

I really would love to see you in charge of a club. Just not Spurs.

Well were just going to go round in circles here but this will be my last point on it.

Looking back through Pochettinos career, before spurs he had only twice spent more than 10 million on a player. Those two players? Gaston Ramirez and Dani Osvaldo.

Look at all the young, progressive and successful players that have come through Pochettinos/ Paul Mitchells teams and they are almost exclusively youth team products or have been bought at low prices because the coaching/technical staff have seen massive potential in them.

Spending more money does not mean we will have a better, more competitve team

it doesn't guarantee it but it certainly helps.

Poch's managerial career is still in its infancy - before Spurs he hadn't been at a club that had the resources to spend more than 10mil on a player.

Since then he has established himself as one of the best young coaches in Europe, at London based Champions League football club. You would think it was a perfect setting for him to for fill his ambitions but the club seems to have other ideas if our lack of transfer activity is anything to go by.

If results go down hill, he'll come under pressure and will probably blame Levy (like ABV did) for not delivering on his targets and giving him players he did't want just because they seemed to be good deals.

it's looking like a very familiar story again

it doesn't guarantee it but it certainly helps.

Poch's managerial career is still in its infancy - before Spurs he hadn't been at a club that had the resources to spend more than 10mil on a player.

Since then he has established himself as one of the best young coaches in Europe, at London based Champions League football club. You would think it was a perfect setting for him to for fill his ambitions but the club seems to have other ideas if our lack of transfer activity is anything to go by.

If results go down hill, he'll come under pressure and will probably blame Levy (like ABV did) for not delivering on his targets and giving him players he did't want just because they seemed to be good deals.

it's looking like a very familiar story again

His targets, you mean N'Koudou, Lopez and Wanyama?

Or the ones the press made up, Isco etc?

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    His targets, you mean N'Koudou, Lopez and Wanyama?

Or the ones the press made up, Isco etc?

Were they his targets or good just 'deals' for Levy?

It will all come out in the wash in time.

Advertisement