Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I'd have been happy with him at 16m, he's not worth 30

If Poch wants him its good enough for me. Why are people so hung up on the fee, it ain't your money and the club has truck loads of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

We shipped out the recent deadwood for guts of 40m.

Sissoko and additional 10m from deadwood. I'd take that all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

KingdomYid wrote: »
    If Poch wants him its good enough for me. Why are people so hung up on the fee, it ain't your money and the club has truck loads of it.
    It must be a Poch signing??? Surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

We are going to sign a back up for £30 millions. Let that sink in for a moment.

Breaking our transfer record,,damn it..

If we wanted him then we could have signed him ages ago. Newcastle already mentioned how much they need..so why now?

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    It must be a Poch signing??? Surely?

It does not make any sense...we bid for Zaha without any success and now looking for Sissoko. Both of them are not even close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

09_09_09 wrote: »
    We are going to sign a back up for £30 millions. Let that sink in for a moment.

Breaking our transfer record,,damn it..

Nothing shocks me in football anymore when you have players moving for nearly 100 million. If Poch rates him and wants him then 30 million is money well spent as far as I am concerned. Breaking the transfer record means nothing to me and is irrelevant.

Nothing shocks me in football anymore when you have players moving for nearly 100 million. If Poch rates him and wants him then 30 million is money well spent as far as I am concerned. Breaking the transfer record means nothing to me and is irrelevant.

If you are referring to Pogba, Bale, Suraz etc. then they are highly rated (big potential) and have excellent seasons prior to their transfer, but he is an average at best and has done feck all.

This is a sign of desperation to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

If you are referring to Pogba, Bale, Suraz etc. then they are highly rated (big potential) and have excellent seasons prior to their transfer, but he is an average at best and has done feck all.

This is a sign of desperation to be honest.

Pogba for 100m or sissoko for 30m

No contest.

Levy Lover wrote: »

No contest.

Pogba is highly rated in the world and Sissoko is rated below average at his own club, but you can argue salty tears and so on.

He is poor's man Paulinho IMO.

• Advertisement

L'Equipe - It's good, everything is set for Moussa SISSOKO to Tottenham. Formalization in the next few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Levy Lover wrote: »

No contest.

Correct Pogba all day long. We don't need a winger ffs. We need a decent midfielder, I'd have been delighted had we signed Pogba even for 100m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Strange one.
    He was poor last year and like a lot of his f3llow newcastle teammates his character was called into question but the year before he was impressive.

Don't have any problem.with the 30m fee but wondering why it was left till now as Newcastle made it publically known he was available several months ago and we were in talks with them already this summer over Winjundum (sp). Sounds like a bit of a panic buy.

He'll probably do okay but I can already see him out the door in a 12 or 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

5 year deal done. Yikes.

The stories about him ignoring Everton calls and the private jet are a bit embarrassing for the player. Probably greatly exaggerated. I hope they are not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

wish him well obviously

not really an area that needed attention - was happy with 2 from Dier, Dembele and Wanyama

nice to see the club spending a few quid all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Sissoko's stats for the last few seasons;

15/16: 1 goal, 8 assists in 3,402 mins
    14/15: 5/2 in 3,275
    13/14: 3/4 in 3,241
    12/13: 4/4 in 3,461

Hardly a £30m player.

Better stats then Dembele, but I wouldn't sell him for 30m. Seriously though hes exactly what we need. Amazingly strong can take the sting out of games like Dembele for us, but also likes to run in behind. I could see him playing a few positions. Also whens the last time we bought a player who was essentially ready to go? Not just potential.

Hugo was his captain at france, and he played well for them. Hopefully he can do the same for us. I don't mind if we overspent 10mill-15mill we needed a player like him.

Newcastle probably got wind of our interest, and Levy was trying to be too Levy about it. Glad Poch got in his ear though and said " just buy him!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I hope it's a Poch signing and I hope Lloris or some reliable source has told him that he's a better pro than he showed at Newcastle. If we can get the best out of him he's a monster of an athlete, but I'm dubious. The length of the contract bothers me more than the fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Ormus wrote: »
    I hope it's a Poch signing and I hope Lloris or some reliable source has told him that he's a better pro than he showed at Newcastle. If we can get the best out of him he's a monster of an athlete, but I'm dubious. The length of the contract bothers me more than the fee.

I think it would seem so(poch signing) Poch came out during the week and said something like we're a different team without dembele, and stats would suggest so to.

I think with Sissokos qualities he can fit this role too(insane strength simple play but holds up well) as well as playing other roles. e.g. dm beside dier/wanyama, on the right, or maybe if stretched up top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Just turned on the computer to find out we'd signed him. Wasn't expecting anything? He'll fit in nicely.

That's one big muthafúcking midfield.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ormus wrote: »
    I hope it's a Poch signing

Saw someone 'in the know' coming out on Twitter saying they'd been told that Poch told Levy to get Sissoko.

Looking at the way tings played out yesterday. We showed interest, then withdrew interest. It was only until Everton showed real interest that Levy got his cheque book out. If Everton hadn't been involved we Levy would have negotiated until the 11th hour and we might have got Sissoko for marginally cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

My immediate reaction was to be pissed off with £30m on Sissoko when we could have probably got a better more creative player.

However, the comparisons with Dembele are fair. Sissoko will run for days and will drive the ball from midfield into the final third of the pitch.

Is he worth £30m? Probably not.

Is he value? If Poch gets the best out of him, he works hard and fits in a couple of positions - then money doesn't really matter.

Did we get any confirmation regarding Clinton?

Did we get any confirmation regarding Clinton?

Marseille have officially announced the initial loan signing of Clinton Njie from Tottenham Hotspur.

CrNEDrNWYAQnvA2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

If Poch wanted him them Im happy with it.

A couple of things though. He is in no way a winger as is suggested in that Indo piece. He may play on the right sometimes but he will not be beating a FB a whipping a cross in.

Secondly, if we have everyone fit there is clearly Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Alli ahead of him. How long will it take for him to throw a strop? Hes essentially waiting for injuries if he wants to play CM.

Thirdly, that tweet up above is a load of gash. Does Mr Bible really know two back up goalies well enough to judge them? Comparing Janssen and Njie is like comparing Townsend and Kane(position wise). Nkoudou (who lets be honest no one has a clue about) is better to have than Chadli, one of our more consistent players when hes been on the pitch the last 2 years. And finally its clearly better to have a temperamental, wildcard than a steady Eddie who gave his all for the shirt everytime he stepped on the pitch.

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Sorry needed that out of my system.

Lastly Paul Merson seemed like he had fallen off the wagon last night. He literally couldnt string 3/4 words together (other than to sh1t on spurs about the Sissoko signing of course).

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Lastly Paul Merson seemed like he had fallen off the wagon last night. He literally couldnt string 3/4 words together (other than to sh1t on spurs about the Sissoko signing of course).

Wouldn't blame him, must be hell sitting in a studio with nothing to report on. Merson is always good for a giggle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

A consistent Chadli? I would have liked to have seen that :D I liked the guy, seemed straight up, his form was anything but consistent though - had it been he'd have been a consistent starter.

He scored a lot of important goals, no doubt notched a few assists. Who's going to replace his goals in midfield?

Is Eriksen consistent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

A consistent Chadli? I would have liked to have seen that :D I liked the guy, seemed straight up, his form was anything but consistent though - had it been he'd have been a consistent starter.

Thats why I said when he was on the pitch. My point was that to say an uproven 21 year old who has started 50 odd professional games is an upgrade on Chadli is utter muck.

Im not saying its a terrible signing and its not like i dont want him to succeed but its as if a 15 year old playing championship manager came to the conclusion that our squad is better with him replacing Chadli

Advertisement