Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I saw a story/clickbait about that earlier, didn't/won't click it, what's the lo-down?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I saw a story/clickbait about that earlier, didn't/won't click it, what's the lo-down?

Spurs have been in contact with Emmanuel Adebayor regarding a shock deal to re-sign the Togolese striker, according to reports from TuttoMercatoWeb.

The journalist is smoking too much pot it seems....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Spurs have been in contact with Emmanuel Adebayor regarding a shock deal to re-sign the Togolese striker, according to reports from TuttoMercatoWeb.

The journalist is smoking too much pot it seems....:D

Or maybe just woke up from a 7 year coma? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The funny thing about Adebayor is, if you paid him based on the number of goals he scored or number of assists he gets..... he'd probably be the best striker on the planet.

Eriksen has signed a new contract, keeping him at the club until 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Seems we've the happiest fans in the premiership
    http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37317980

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Seems we've the happiest fans in the premiership
    http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37317980

There's a guy who posts on these forums occasionally, usually during transfer season or during a bad spell, reckon he'd disagree quite strongly as he knows many disgruntled spurs fans in the real world - or so he's said.

There's a guy who posts on these forums occasionally, usually during transfer season or during a bad spell, reckon he'd disagree quite strongly as he knows many disgruntled spurs fans in the real world - or so he's said.

He's not been around since we signed Sissoko on transfer deadline day and had a net spend of 70m :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

To be fair, nobody has posted jack squat around here since we bought Sissisokooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I've been spending a lot of time in therapy trying to convince myself it's a great signing.

Was deadly under Benitez and in Euros. Just needs a strong manager and an ambitious club. Amazing athlete. Can cover Dembele and also an option as a strong direct runner further forward. Has plenty to prove. Has Hugo to keep him in line.

I'll ignore the case for the prosecution for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Latest player to pen a new contract.. Erik Dier

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/eric-dier-pens-bumper-longterm-contract-with-tottenham-35044703.html?

The future looks bright; the future is lillywhite xD

Non deadwood extending contracts, Ouh how times have changed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Wembley looking good all decked out in Spurs stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mauricio Pochettino has revealed Heung-Min Son wanted to leave Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

"Heung-Min Son did want to leave when he came back from Olympics, to go back to Germany. We talked and he decided to stay."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Glad he stayed. He's been very good since he came back.

Deli has extended his contract till 2022. Nice to see everyone locking down longer contracts.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37405508

Daily Mail report Spurs striker Harry Kane will be out for two months after suffering ankle ligament damage.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

2-3 months is the estimated lay off according to various papers.

Fully confident in Janssen filling the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Could be a blessing in disguise. Janssen gets a decent run to get stuck in and get his confidence. Kane gets to recharge the batteries as hes been on the go non stop for 2+ years.

Or it could be a disaster.........

slegs wrote: »
    Could be a blessing in disguise. Janssen gets a decent run to get stuck in and get his confidence. Kane gets to recharge the batteries as hes been on the go non stop for 2+ years.

This is a good point. The rest could do him wonders.

Janssen has shown enough about him to suggest he can slot in. He just needs to get his finishing boots on, the rest of his game is impressive.

Hopefully the finishing touch will come with a good run in the team.

I thought there'd be widespread panic round here with Kane out for two months.

I like Janssen's workrate and his strength and all round game. He's obviously well able to finish going by his record in Holland, but he's missed a couple of very easy chances for us so far. Needs one or two to go in soon or he could be the next Soldado.

I'll wait to see something more official then that rag before i'll believe he's out for two months.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll wait to see something more official then that rag before i'll believe he's out for two months.

Fair point, although I'm not sure it's the kind of thing the press make up.

Danny Rose just signed a new contract until 2021.

At this rate we're going to need a 'contracts' thread.

There's a real positivity around the club. The players want to play for Poch, they want to commit their future to the club.

Even during the days when we got to the quarters of the Champions League, I never felt as good about the club as I do now.

Next contract extension :P

XyItqZv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Kyle walker after signing a new one too!

Advertisement