Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything open on Christmas Day?

Options
  • 24-12-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Due to a sick baby it's looking likely that we'll be in Dublin tomorrow. I'm not bothered about a restaurant but is there any convenience shops/fast food type/takeaway places open?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

yellow hen wrote: »
    Due to a sick baby it's looking likely that we'll be in Dublin tomorrow. I'm not bothered about a restaurant but is there any convenience shops/fast food type/takeaway places open?

Whereabouts are we talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oink wrote: »
    Whereabouts are we talking?

City, south city, west Dublin, south county at a push. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

yellow hen wrote: »

Not good, the texaco on the n4 in Lucan is always open on Christmas Day as it the centra on oconnell street unlikely to get any deli type stuff though. Hope your baby is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭e.r

If Dublin bus are running services, they have their canteen in the laneway behind clerys on oconnell street
    Its open to anyone normally and the fry aint bad.
    Sackville place i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

e.r wrote: »
    If Dublin bus are running services, they have their canteen in the laneway behind clerys on oconnell street
    Sackville place i think

Big notice on the buses the other day that they are not running on Xmas day.

http://dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Christmas-Arrangements-2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Might the Chinese restaurants around Parnell st be open someone might know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

e.r wrote: »
    Sackville place i think

100% not

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

No dublin bus or luas Christmas Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I read elsewhere Asian restaurants on Parnell st will be open. Merry Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The very excellent Kundun Tandoori will be open and delivering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

A few places mentioned on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you are still looking centra on Parnell st is open they even have the deli going it was actually quite busy good few people sitting around having tea and a bite to eat this morning.

Advertisement