Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to remove vertical black bars on samsung smart TV netflix app

• 24-12-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased a samsung smart tv and I am currently starting to use the netflix app on the TV.

When I play a film on the smart TV using the netflix app, I get thick black vertical lines above and below the film. How can I get rid of these? I have tried changing the picture settings - Zoom settings , 16: 9 picture ratio settings and I can do this in the main TV menu, but I cant do this in the netflix app?

Can somebody please help me. It would be great if I could sort this out for watching films over the Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

kala85 wrote: »
    I recently purchased a samsung smart tv and I am currently starting to use the netflix app on the TV.

When I play a film on the smart TV using the netflix app, I get thick black vertical lines above and below the film. How can I get rid of these? I have tried changing the picture settings - Zoom settings , 16: 9 picture ratio settings and I can do this in the main TV menu, but I cant do this in the netflix app?

Can somebody please help me. It would be great if I could sort this out for watching films over the Christmas.

The black borders are correct for modern movies ( cropping and zooming removes video information ) this is the way it's shot, and not an error in the app.
    Avengers for example is shot for "cinema scope" (2.35:1) so will display black boards top and bottom. White Christmas for example is usually cropped as it was shot differently (1.66:1). TV programs like Sherlock etc are shot 16:9 or domestic wide screen.
    To remove them you need to use a TV with 2.35.1 or equivalent and as far as I know only Philips produced them.

>Sol

Advertisement