Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone use SES satellite broadband? How is it?

• 24-12-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭

I've moved to a remote part of Kilkenny. I'm thinking of getting this
    h t t p s:// w w w.europasat.com/ses-broadband/
    (remove spaces, boards wouldnt let me post link cus I am 'new user' wtf?)
    I'm looking at the best option there, 20mbps unlimited.
    I'm wondering if anyone uses this and if so what is it like.
    Does it really go as fast as it says?
    Are there slowdowns or outages?
    Is it affected by the weather?
    Is there contention on the connection with others?
    Whats the latency like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I know some one who had Sat broadband and it was sh!t. And they had a massive dish to look at aswell. Luckily for them they could place it on the wall underneath their decking. (they live on the side of a hill with raised decking.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The unlimited (but throttled) pack is €77pm though and €350 to install.
    I'd be looking at fixed wireless instead. Sat should only be the very very last resort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭grizzly_beer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The unlimited (but throttled) pack is €77pm though and €350 to install.
    I'd be looking at fixed wireless instead. Sat should only be the very very last resort.
    Thats what is currently here. The fastest speed is supposed to be 3Mps. But it only goes at a fraction of that speed and there is huge contention. I get tens of kilobytes per second down a lot of the time. Its hard to even use boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

Which part of Kilkenny do you live there might be Fixed Wireless in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

There are probably more WISPs in the area, search here: http://irelandoffline.org/map

• Advertisement
Advertisement