Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Forum Premier League Era Draft Game Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I intended Hendry to be my choice to partner Stam, but I was also gambling that he would slip through the cracks for another few rounds. A little surprised and disappointed to miss out there.

I was going to risk it, but I think I'd struggle more to get someone of his class for CB, than I will to fill my other positions.

I also had a gut feeling he might go soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

He wasnt going to make it past me in this round

Gareth Barry was another I was hoping might slip through.

Wishful thinking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Was ASOT pm'd he was online 2 hours after he was due to pick

he has now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

One pick today. We had been doing so well too.

2nd time this has happened with ASOT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sorry lads I forgot to mail ASOT because I was doing it on the phone, sounds like he has been PM'd since though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

2nd time this has happened with ASOT?

It's annoying but the rule is 24 hours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I'm very bored so an update with possible line ups and formations.

Chrissybhoy -
    Cech
    Zabaleta
    Lebouef

Beckham
    McAllister

Henry

Redzerdrog -

Carragher
    Ashley Cole

Keane
    Le Tissier
    Tevez
    Ian Wright

ASOT -

Sol Campbell----Pallister
    Harte

Parlour
    Di Canio
    Zola
    Torres

Bucketybuck -

Stam
    Irwin
    Batty
    Ronaldo
    Ginola
    Klinsmann

Frankie Lee -

McGrath
    Kompany

Poyet
    Scholes
    Robben
    Joe Cole

Les Ferdinand

eagle eye -
    Van Der Sar
    Hyypia

Hamann
    Tim Cahill
    Bale
    Hazard
    Suarez

SherlockWatson -
    Seaman
    Keown
    Heinze

Vieira

Kanchelskis

Drogba

Blatter -
    Schmeichel

G Neville
    Gallas
    Evra

Bergkamp
    Shearer

SlickRic -

Hendry
    Desailly
    Gilberto Silva
    Lampard
    Pires
    Aguero

Rushden -

Ricardo Carvalho,
    Essien

-McManaman?
    Duff
    Sheringham
    Rooney

Andersonisgod
    -

King
    Baines

Gerrard
    Fabregas

Anelka
    Fowler

Ferris Bueller -

Vidic

Ballack
    Barry
    Ljungberg
    Giggs

Owen

Liam O -

Bruce
    Radebe
    Makelele
    Xabi Alonso

Cantona
    Overmars

LuckyLloyd -

Terry
    Mascherano
    Ince

David Silva
    Kewell

Van Nistelrooy

Incognito Man -

Adams

Hargreaves
    Petit
    Modric
    Mata
    Van Persie

Pudsy33 -

Ivanovic
    Rio Ferdinand
    Carrick
    Yaya Toure

Andy Cole
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Man that's so damn helpful for checking who has who, cheers Frankie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brilliant Frankie, that is a great help as said by Sherlock.

Are we still waiting for ASOT? Its fairly slowed up now, kinda sad that one player holds everybody else up.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Brilliant Frankie, that is a great help as said by Sherlock.

Are we still waiting for ASOT? Its fairly slowed up now, kinda sad that one player holds everybody else up.

Is that wilfork in your pic?

Since this started i managed to make a pick on my wedding day and then numberous picks from a Spa with no wifi and no phones alowed.

This is frustrating but We should have had a 12 hour limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Since this started i managed to make a pick on my wedding day and then numberous picks from a Spa with no wifi and no phones alowed.

You deserve to win for commitment alone :pac:

Lower the time limit to 6 or 12 hours. Otherwise this will take another 2 weeks.

Is that wilfork in your pic?
    Sure is, I'm a pretty big Patriots fan for a long time.

I propose that from tomorrow onwards it will be a 6 hour limit for picks. 00:00 to 08:00 is excluded to allow people sleep. Any objections or recommendations?

I propose that from tomorrow onwards it will be a 6 hour limit for picks. 00:00 to 08:00 is excluded to allow people sleep. Any objections or recommendations?

6 is too short as a busy day in work coyld see someone miss a pick but would be in favour of 10 hours with 01:00 - 07:00 excluded

• Advertisement

Yep, I object. I work for 12 hours tomorrow and I could be without internet access for all of it. I'm not guaranteed to be but its a possibility and I wouldn't know until minutes before that happens.

12 hours with 01:00 to 07:00 excluded ok with everyone then?
    Also if people log on and see that there pick is 2 or 3 picks away and they won't be online for a while then send Donnielighto a PM with a list of preferences.

well if you think you'll be out of cover then you should pm your pick to someone

And if you do log on when its your pick, actually make a pick.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

redzerdrog wrote: »

My new born is five days old and I've been able to keep up with speed of things!

Great dedication between yourself and redzerdrog, it is clear you understand the importance of this competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Skipped? Who's up?

Will I go? Or wait until 11:30?

He's got until 1130.

Fair's fair.

The time limit will be different after this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Maybe next time players are required to have email alerts set up when they get a PM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

At this stage is it fair to assume we all have smartphones? If you have it set up so you get an email through when someone private messages you then it should cut out a lot of the waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I was in work 12-1 lads with no internet, if the last person who picked had of pmd me as soon as he picked instead of 4 hours later when i wasnt home i could have made it on time.

EDIT - It wasnt even the person who picked before me who pmd be it was somebody else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

ASOT wrote: »
    I was in work 12-1 lads with no internet, if the last person who picked had of pmd me as soon as he picked instead of 4 hours later when i wasnt home i could have made it on time.

Fair enough, but I would still say 12-1 is a massive window which I assume you knew in advance you'd be without internet for. It might be best to PM somebody else a list of your picks if yo're not going to be available during that sort of time frame again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Blatter wrote: »
    Fair enough, but I would still say 12-1 is a massive window which I assume you knew in advance you'd be without internet for. It might be best to PM somebody else a list of your picks if yo're not going to be available during that sort of time frame again.

Usually I'd have access but I had to go up north so I wasn't able to use my phone, il pm a list next time anyway but it would be handy for people to send pms as soon as they pick.

ASOT wrote: »

EDIT - It wasnt even the person who picked before me who pmd be it was somebody else....

You know you are in the draft, a PM should be a courtesy not a requirement. You don't need a PM to open the thread.

Besides, you logged on yesterday after 12pm.

Lads, a man made a pick and didn't bother to PM the next in line. A PM is NOT a courtesy, it's a requirement of making a pick imo. That's the issue, end of. We move on.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lads, a man made a pick and didn't bother to PM the next in line. A PM is NOT a courtesy, it's a requirement of making a pick imo. That's the issue, end of. We move on.

He was online yesterday about an hour after he was due to make a pick according to his profile though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Doesn't necessarily mean he will know it's his turn, it can be hard to follow. Anyways it's done now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Great pick there with Radebe.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Radabe was going to be my other CB. Thought I might get him. Ah well I'll go again

I'm definitely happy to be finished picking CBs. Could become a real dogfight as the talent dwindles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I can still think of one excellent cb , unless he's been taking and I missed it.

Not having a top drawer cb will could be in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

My fault for not mailing ASOT, was at my college graduation and only had limited time to log on for a few mins to make my pick on my phone, completely slipped my mind to send a message to the next person. Are we shortening the time you have to pick to 12 hours now or what?

Tevez being picked is crippling to my hopes. Thought there were enough people with strikers picked that he'd fall.

Tevez at this stage is a monster pick no eyelids would have been blinked if he was snatched up in round 3.

Heinze, solid enough pick, left full is a position that if you Haven't got Irwin, Cole or Evra you're just picking from the rest and heinze is as good as any though attacking wise he's a bit weak but that could suit a team too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Liam O wrote: »
    Tevez being picked is crippling to my hopes. Thought there were enough people with strikers picked that he'd fall.

I was going for him next anyway so he wasn't getting past me. Now I have to think about is it worth a striker or a defender

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

As an outsider, I am amazed Tevez lasted this long

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Tevez was definitely planned for my first 11 anyway. I can understand why people gambled on leaving him till later rounds but there is no doubts as to his quality.

Heinze is another great pick, I think people have underestimated just how good he was for United. He's below the big three, but far ahead of any of the other possibilities.

As an outsider, I am amazed Tevez lasted this long

Most have picked strikers and for me anyway with a 2nd striker already picked the detriment to my defense if Radebe had been taken wouldn't have been worth picking him with all those people full on strikers meaning he could have fallen to the next round.

Redzerdog killing it, great value. I'm happy to get Kewell at this stage also.

• Advertisement

Kewell - not a bad choice, his Leeds days he was one of the most exciting players in the world, his pool days not so exciting.

Solid enough pick but probably could have left him for a few rounds.

Advertisement