Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The snitch

• 25-12-2014 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Do people believe that there is a somebody within a lot of local communities that relay messages to the Gardai? I'm told this is commonplace. I don't mean somebody who rings the Gardai for every little thing, I mean somebody who is well respected and in the know in the community. The person would be in fairly regular contact with An Garda Siochana

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Dere's always snitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Do people believe that there is a somebody within a lot of local communities that relay messages to the Gardai? I'm told this is commonplace

I believe so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Did a snitch tell you this? Dey is snitching yo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Christmas has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 24 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod **** to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man!

Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know? This could be the best night of my life

And you start a thread on this?

Where's my beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Do people believe that there is a somebody within a lot of local communities that relay messages to the Gardai? I'm told this is commonplace

Hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Anyone who takes the drugs their selling have the potential to be a rat. Particularly with heroin.. Where I'm from has a serious rodent problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Thread reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Every community has it's stool pigeons, you find them especially in the older generation retired folks, nothing better to do but ring up the Gardai o hint of suspicious behaviour.

Criminals aren't going to break their fcuking legs or masktape their mouths to a car exhaust for squawking, they're just dumb old bastards. It's usually people involved in that world who get done big time, a Rat is somebody involved with an unscrupulous group before snitching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Hmmm, I see a poster deleted her post , did she snitch on herself I wonder? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

TAKE A BITE OUT OF CRIME

Garda Confidential Line

This FreePhone number allows you to leave information on criminal activities confidentially on a voice recorder, so you do not speak to any person. All details given are handled in the strictest confidence.

The Garda Confidential Line Number is: 1 800 666 111

Crimestoppers

Crimestoppers is a partnership between private industry and An Garda Síochána which operates by encouraging people to report a crime by calling a freephone number. It guarantees anonymity and occasionally offers cash rewards for information pertaining to specific crimes, at the discretion of An Garda Síochána. Crimestoppers is staffed by members of the Garda National Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

Crimestoppers Freefone can be contacted at: 1 800 250 025

Traffic Watch

Traffic Watch allows motorists to report incidents of aggressive driving directly to the Gardaí.

LoCall: 1 890 205 805

Garda Headquarters

Garda Headquarters at Phoenix Park can be contacted at: 01 666 0000

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=3430&Lang=1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

It makes me laugh when people talk about snitches in Ireland. This isnt Poland in 1942.
    If you end up in jail tomorrow in Dublin there's a fair chance you're a scumbag or scrote of some description.
    If I knew my local snitch I'd send them a card for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Snitches get stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

cloud493 wrote: »
    Snitches get stitches.

Really? Cool. Around here they usually get a Honda Integra and away scot free with everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

CHIS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If you catch the snitch, you get 150 points for your house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

If you catch the snitch, you get 150 points for your house

Making the whole game, up to that point, completely redundant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

GerB40 wrote: »
    Anyone who takes the drugs their selling have the potential to be a rat. Particularly with heroin.. Where I'm from has a serious rodent problem.

Everyone knows heroin causes your teeth to protrude , your ears to stick out and eventually you grow a tail.

Have you tried rentokill ?

Advertisement