Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Rock: "White people need to own the actions of their ancestors"

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Colinf1212 wrote: »
    Just came back from a wee stroll in Belfast after working all night. Came across two fine young African gentlemen who made a massive scene fighting each other beside Lavery's over an East Belfast tramp that was loving the attention. Ahh the cultural enrichment. 'Twas glorious. The only reason they were fighting was because of the white man, make no mistake about it.

100s of people seen it and were videoing it and the PSNI strolled right by, what a strong, proud police force.

Yeah, there was no fighting on the streets of Belfast until they let the Africans in.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

Nodin wrote: »
    Yeah, there was no fighting on the streets of Belfast until they let the Africans in.

Never seen a scene like that in my near 6 years of living in Belfast and going out 3x a week at least as a student, and at least once a week now in my job.

It was the white man's fault anyway. Slavery or colonization or something like that.

Never seen a scene like that in my near 6 years of living in Belfast and going out 3x a week at least as a student, and at least once a week now in my job. .

You not having seen it =/= It not having occurred.
    It was the white man's fault anyway. Slavery or colonization or something like that.

Why do you keep saying that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

The fighting on the streets of Belfast are kept to a minimum now mate.

You not having seen it =/= It not having occurred.

Why do you keep saying that?

Beautiful quote from the Belfastforum.co.uk. I was first year at Queens when people were complaining about the rural Catholics in the Holylands back in about 2008/2009.
    but if you go up to the "holylands" district you will find a lot of roma/africans have moved into the area recently,and to be perfectly honest,it has become a crime laden dump,while it was accepted by the media to critisize the students who used to live there as they were mostly from rural nationalist backgrounds,not much is reported nowdays from that area(PC brigade,driven by the bias BBC) wont allow it,while there are still pockets of students living there,the numbers have decreased significantly over the recent past.

I keep saying it's the white man's fault because how could you say otherwise? I hope you're not insinuating it's not the white man's fault. Thought you were above racism.

Beautiful quote from the Belfastforum.co.uk. I was first year at Queens when people were complaining about the rural Catholics in the Holylands back in about 2008/2009..

O, an anecdote from another forum. That settles everything.
    I keep saying it's the white man's fault because how could you say otherwise? I hope you're not insinuating it's not the white man's fault. Thought you were above racism.

I think you keep saying it as some sort of sneer. Nobody has suggested that everything is the "white mans fault".

O, an anecdote from another forum. That settles everything.

Did I say it settles everything? Only a sith deals in absolutes.

I think you keep saying it as some sort of sneer. Nobody has suggested that everything is the "white mans fault".

So you're saying it's not the white man's fault because of slavery, colonization, stealing diamonds and putting crack in the streets? Wow I never knew you were a racist.

Did I say it settles everything? Only a sith deals in absolutes.

So you're saying it's not the white man's fault because of slavery, colonization, stealing diamonds and putting crack in the streets? Wow I never knew you were a racist.

What did you mean by "the cultural enrichment"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ah Nodin. Watching on the sidelines ready to jump in to save the day, all without adding anything to the discussion.

MOD: Take a couple of weeks off to learn how to read the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

floggg wrote: »
    Care to offer anything to support your assertion that sub-saharan africa "remained largely the same" - and over what period?
    How about it's history, which you don't know much about? Wikipedia has a nice simple article, if that helps you?
    With each new kingdom and empire and each knew trade contact, ideas would have been exchanged leading to development. In such an environment, stagnation would be extremely unlikely.
    So how come that culturally and technologically it essentially did that and remained largely unchanged in thousands of years?
    I could concede that regions such as the Congo rainforest would likely stagnate in the same way that Amazonian culture did - but that its because the jungle conditions prohibited much trade or outside contact. Likely other extreme environments could also stagnate.
    Amazonian culture? What civilization do you speak of?

Actually per-Colombian cultures did quite well with several civilizations, that had started off quite late due to their migration from Asia, having developed , from scratch to a remarkable level given the various disadvantages and late start.
    As for indian trade with africa - see from wiki article on zanzibar here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanzibar#Before_1698
    And your point?
    See here for reasons why Africa's geography worked against it emerging as a major power: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel#The_theory_outlined
    Have you read that article? You do understand that other than only being a theory, not fact, it also disagrees with your position on European interference being at the core of Africa's historical cultural stagnation.
    It not really that hard to understand. Watch a time travel movie sometime.
    Christ on a stick. Is this where we're at?

Look, I'm not going to bother with the rest of your post. You post things that contradict yourself, clearly because you can't read, or understand, what you're citing, you've changed your argument numerous times when caught out and you lack even a basic knowledge of history, let alone any other discipline.

Please stop. It's embarrassing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement