Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not a bad present just one I'd never use.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is this the winner of the most moronic thread opened on Christmas day award?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Is this the winner of the most moronic thread opened on Christmas day award?

IT's still early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Links234 wrote: »
    Apparently they got loads of folk metal and power metal to listen to, grand excuse to give em a try and blast out some Sabaton or Korpiklaani

Im guessing that the OP makes a lot of noise late at night playing folk metal. Hence someone he is living with giving him these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Are they actually headphones? People under the age of about 30 seem to have no idea what headphones are. The ones that go over your head are headphones. The crappy ones you stick in your ears that keep falling out are earphones.

Why anyone wouldn't want a pair of decent headphones is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I really don't understand why you're so horrified at the thought of owning a pair of nice headphones?!:confused: If I was the friend who gave them to you and you told me you wouldn't use them I'd never buy you a present again. You seem to be really ungrateful. Sure we all get presents that we have no intention of using, it happens.
    Keep them in your room or whatever. If your friend asks you how they are, say they're great and then talk about something else. It's not an inconvenience to you to own a pair of headphones, get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Just don't use them, it's not as if you'd be expected to walk around the house with headphones on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gannicus wrote: »
    But seriously,

If I left it until tomorrow or the weekend would I be an arsehole to say they're not my thing or that don't like them without coming off as an ungrateful arséholé

It seems it's too late for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Birneybau wrote: »
    It seems it's too late for that...

Please tell me you are the housemate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

syklops wrote: »
    Please tell me you are the housemate!

Thankfully not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My current Sennheisers are 6 years old, have seen me through a degree in college in Music Technology and are hanging in there with the expertly applied duct tape by my father. D'ya wanna send yours on to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Why the mystery about why you wouldn't use them ?

It's because you've no head, isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

You should try them out. Go for a walk with the headphones on and some music playing on your phone or whatever. You might enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Sennheiser make great (and kind of expensive) headphones. You might not be thrilled but I would be very grateful to your housemate, OP.

Personally, I think you can never have too many good-quality headphones and I would consider them a "safe" gift in that most people would have cause to use headphones at some stage.

It'd be a pity if they were never used so I would either try them yourself or give them/sell them to someone who will appreciate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Whats this dudes buzz

Why doesnt he want these headphones

No ears?
    Allergic to plastic?
    Is his ears his bum?

Im just confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

I wouldn't wear them either so I can see why the OP has a problem with them. Walking around with those massive ear-muff type headphones ya just look like a tool and ya cant wear a hat or glasses. The small neat earphones are way better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Demonical wrote: »
    I wouldn't wear them either so I can see why the OP has a problem with them. Walking around with those massive ear-muff type headphones ya just look like a tool and ya cant wear a hat or glasses. The small neat earphones are way better.

The idea is comfort and sound quality. Not to look cool...I think that's it anyways. They aren't Beats

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ArnieSilvia

I actually love using my Sony studio headphones. I got used to them when I was sharing the huge living room (penthouse apartment) with my 2 kids and wife, 2 computers and tv in one room. Noise cancelling headphones were the only way to go. Now I like the sense of isolation and ease to wind down listening to music etc.

I'd be glad to get such a present and shows your gf has a good taste and did a good research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Tell them you have a really really weak skull and they would be likely to crush it causing huge brain injury, apologise and start crying instantly....no one would ever challenge s crying person.

Are they the massive headphones?

Just say you have a delicate head, suffer from migraines, so can't use them due to same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Store them or wear them to bed "to listen to music" and wake up with them broken because you accidentally fell asleep wearing them.

k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Throw the headphone part out the window then strangle your housemate with the cord.

Then strangle yourself a bit for being such a mongoloid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Just lie?

Housemate: How are the headphones?
    Op: Great thanks

End of saga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have plenty of Folk Metal and Power Metal to listen to.

Ah! Now I see why they got you headphones!
    Take the hint dude!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, why wouldn't you use them? :p

TELL US FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is becoming one of the mysteries of the modern world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

This thread is worse than the safe thread.
    Why can't a person use headphones?

A Christmas mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Not a bad present just one I'd never use.

Horse dildo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Sennheiser?...go git some tunes....gonna be great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Put em on adverts. Be sold tomorrow. /thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

#PrayforOP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

OP, if you don't like wearing headphones because you're afraid Teddy is going to come along and take them off your head to talk to you, it's a fear we all understand.

We can help you if you just tell us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

This thread is worse than the safe thread.
    Why can't a person use headphones?

A Christmas mystery
    cos they're a gowl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i think this is viral marketing as i now want sennheiser headphones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe you play your music too loud and its their way to subtly hint that you should use the headphones when you're playing sounds not to their liking.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Tigger wrote: »
    cos they're a gowl?

Only gowls start these threads as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The OP has already said they would not use them due to a mixture of opportunity and practicality.

The best I can come up with out of that mixture of letters is Corrupt Politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Links234 wrote: »
    Apparently they got loads of folk metal and power metal to listen to, grand excuse to give em a try and blast out some Sabaton or Korpiklaani

Or Delain. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I have questions.
    Are they good Sennheisers,cos if they are,then they are good to listen to.
    What the **** is Folk Metal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

parttime wrote: »
    I have questions.

Folk Metal ?
    The Furey Brothers and Iron Maiden with "Bring your daughter to the red rose cafe"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 boscabheag

You're some dickhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

is it workout dvds

parttime wrote: »
    I have questions.

There you go ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Can't believe I just read I pages and still no clue as to why he doesn't want such a nice gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I think the housemate/gf has seen this thread and strangled him with the headphones cable for being an ungrateful plank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

donna35 wrote: »
    I think the housemate/gf has seen this thread and strangled him with the headphones cable for being an ungrateful plank.

I love a happy ending.

Can't believe I just read I pages and still no clue as to why he doesn't want such a nice gift!

I'm gonna guess...
      Monstrously large head ears located on a different body part Doesn't listen to music, only reads sheet music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I wouldn't use them either, never use headphones or earphones. I'm clearly mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

This has turned into one of those threads where I wish I hadn't opened. Come on OP why can't you use the freakin headphones? And give 'em to someone who will appreciate such an awesome gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

I wouldn't use them either, never use headphones or earphones. I'm clearly mental.

Well that's a given!
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement