Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not a bad present just one I'd never use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

To quote the smiths

Please please please let me let me let let me get stenheiser head phones one time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

My dad got me an iPad cover. I don't have an iPad.

Is he bein a whiney bitch about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

This is the best way to handle this for all involved. Take headphones and place in your bedroom. In a few days/weeks whatever go back to housemate and say "thanks so much for the headphones, I use them every night going to bed. Sleeping a lot better lately", This way if you're ever asked about them, always leaving them in the bedroom is a normal thing. Unless your housemate watches you sleep then its win/win plus you also get to keep an awesome gift without 'throwing it in a hedge'. You're welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mojesius wrote: »
    My dad got me an iPad cover. I don't have an iPad.

You're just jumping on the useless present bandwagon now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Why not just use them every now and again?

Your flatmate is hardly expecting to see you wear therm every second of every day.

Sennheiser headphones are a great gift in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I still think the reason OP'd never use them is because they prefer to use speakers, which is almost certainly the reason they got them as a gift too. Only other reason I can think of is that they've got a far better pair already, but I can't see why they wouldn't just answer the question in the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Were you able to return these, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Gannicus wrote: »
    Hi Larianne.

Can you please close the above thread please.
    I had mailed another Mod a while back requesting it be closed but seems they have not done so to date.

Kind regards,
    Gannicus

WHY WON'T YOU USE THEM!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Because I wouldn't.

Send them to me!! I'll enjoy them for you.

I love sennheiser. <3 Have the earphones, brilliant quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Don't close the thread!
    We haven't found out why he won't use them yet!.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

OP, we need to know this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

blade1 wrote: »
    Don't close the thread!
    We haven't found out why he won't use them yet!.:pac:

And nobody ever will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

And nobody ever will.

Give us a hint at least

boobar wrote: »
    Give us a hint at least

It was previously said.

It was previously said.

Your ears are on the inside of your head and you'd have to shove the headphones up your nostrils to use them? :confused:

Links234 wrote: »
    Your ears are on the inside of your head and you'd have to shove the headphones up your nostrils to use them? :confused:

nope

nope

Be specific, why wouldn't you use them? And don't just say "Cos I wouldn't" because that's just a cop out

Be specific, why wouldn't you use them? And don't just say "Cos I wouldn't" because that's just a cop out

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

At this stage, this could possibly be considered trolling

• Advertisement

nope

Are you deaf?

Is it because you have 4 ears and they are useless unless somebody else buys you another set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Gannicus better get a ban for this.....

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND PURE IN THE WORLD.... WHY WON'T YOU USE THEM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Is it something to do with the fact that they're Sennheiser? Not many people know it but Sennheiser manufactures parts of their headphones in Tullamore. Perhaps the OP had a failed relationship with someone who worked there & the memory is just too painful for him to ever use the company's products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Or..... Maybe he's a ghost.

Or..... Maybe he's a ghost.

It's earie alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

I think someone said he was an ungrateful git,.... Probably the closest to the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

It's viral marketing - "he" won't use them - but maybe next time we're looking for new headphones Sennheiser will be at the forefront of our minds. Or maybe we'll go and check them out in the store to see why he's not fussed and be blown away by the sound quality. Reinforcing the idea that "he" is an idiot. "He" will become the new Jones that we want to be better than and superior to.

We also now know that headphones make a great gift, especially Sennheisers. Only an idiot wouldn't want them for a gift. Everyone else wants them....except "him".

Pwindedd wrote: »
    It's viral marketing - "he" won't use them - but maybe next time we're looking for new headphones Sennheiser will be at the forefront of our minds. Or maybe we'll go and check them out in the store to see why he's not fussed and be blown away by the sound quality. Reinforcing the idea that "he" is an idiot. "He" will become the new Jones that we want to be better than and superior to.

We also now know that headphones make a great gift, especially Sennheisers. Only an idiot wouldn't want them for a gift. Everyone else wants them....except "him".

This kinda stuff goes on with reddit as well, companies and reddit are in cohoots and product placement, viral ads get upvoted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Heres whats actually wrong.

These are in-ear type earphones, not headphones.

The OP used to be in a sexual relationship with the gift giver.
    If he puts these in his ears it will be like putting part of the gift giver inside himself again and it will open old wounds and re-ignite the feelings he had that ultimately led to the painful end of the FWB arangement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

end them to Danny Healy Rae, Kilgarvan, Co Kerry. He wears then while driving..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sennheisers are excellent for throwing at peasants from a substantial height. Might be of interest to OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not bad actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I know this is AH and all but really I don't know what big deal is. I'm kinda with the OP and I will spell it out for ye.
    practicality
    ˌpraktɪˈkalɪti/Submit
    noun
    the quality or state of being practical.
    "there are still major doubts about the practicality of the proposal"
    synonyms: feasibility, possibility, practicability, viability, workability

What that probably means is he doesn't find them practical. :eek: They're too big, the cord is too short, he doesn't like wearing headphones in general.
    opportunity
    ɒpəˈtjuːnɪti/Submit
    noun
    a time or set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something.

What that probably means is he doesn't get a lot of opportunities to use them. :eek: As in he doesn't listen to music much or when he does he doesn't need headphones.

I don't know what the big deal is. He kinda asked for it opening a thread here, ok. But to tell you the truth I have a set of headphones as I thought they might be nice to have and they were cheap and in the end I never used them.

Just say nothing. When asked just say look I know I said I love it but the truth is I don't really use headphones.

Sorry for taking the fun out of this.

Boskowski wrote: »
    I know this iAH and all but really I don't know what big deal is. I'm kinda with the OP and I will spell it out for ye.

What that probably means is he doesn't find them practical. :eek: They're too big, the cord is too short, he doesn't like wearing headphones in general.

What that probably means is he doesn't get a lot of opportunities to use them. :eek: As in he doesn't listen to music much or when he does he doesn't need headphones.

He could've just said this instead of carryin' on! All was needed was "I don't like that style of headphones, they're too big (or whatever)".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Have to agree with the crowd here, without proper explanation it just sounds ungrateful/pretentious.

The OP said they listen to music, so saying they would have no opportunity was eliminated by that piece of information.
    If they clarified and said... I listen to 'x' type of music, but only on very rare occasion, then fair enough.

To say they are impractical is the biggest crux for me... based on that we have to assume they are 'on-ear' as opposed to 'in-ear'... but then use them when studying (if you do that), at your desk when working (if you do that), to play your ridiculous choice in music in your room and stop p!$$ing off your roommate with the loud music (most likely scenario without further explanation)

Can't believe I've read through this to be honest... peoples funny comments kept me interested... if you listen to music but cannot fathom a possible scenario where you could wear them then this just sounds preposterous.

I hardly ever listen to music... so if I started this thread I could at least say... I hardly ever listen to music, so I don't need them.

However, even I use headphones... I did purchase a set of noise cancellation headphones as I do a lot of long haul flights solo with work, and they are brilliant for the plane, to watch movies and fall asleep/drown out others/plane noises.
    But other than that I never use headphones...

Reasons help explain your situation... otherwise it just comes across as 're-inforce my opinion and only my opinion'... 'oh sh!t... my opinion appears to make me an a$$hole... I better just stop giving more information or they will think I am a bigger a-h0le'... when doing so causes the opposite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I got a toilet seat and a dressing gown once and I was delighted. I'll swap

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    I got a toilet seat and a dressing gown once and I was delighted. I'll swap

Both used now?... :(

I got a shower head... and a Lion-o action figure... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Someone got us one of these... trade?

BoonGrassCounterTopDryingRack1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

I have learned from this thread that it is forbidden to listen to certain types of music through certain headphone/pieces due to. Well I don't know but it just is.

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    Someone got us one of these... trade?

BoonGrassCounterTopDryingRack1.jpg

From Website:
    Item ID: 666

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Gannicus better get a ban for this.....

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND PURE IN THE WORLD.... WHY WON'T YOU USE THEM?

This thread keeps reminding me of the Just video

Obviously the OP has a perfectly good reason for not using them, but he knows if he tells us, we'll all be similarly afflicted and nobody else will ever use them again

Or maybe he's Thom Yorke.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Not bad actually

They're terrific live too, seen 'em twice now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

OP, if it's a PS4/XB1 you can always give it to me... ;)

So why wouldn't you use them?

****ING TELL US WHY YOU WOULDN'T USE THEM ALREADY! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh, FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Stop bumping this ****e and just let it die.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Op was worried of getting rumbled by housemate so decided to pretend they are Sennheiser headphones:

when actually they are beats.

OR

They arent headphones at all and are something more personal....

• Advertisement
Advertisement