Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 bent

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

Sounds good. Sometimes I think they don't inspect the returns. Refurb or new are indistinguishable. They replace the casing and the battery so it's as new.

Do Apple sell refurbished iPhones?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cathalog wrote: »
    Do Apple sell refurbished iPhones?

Not in Ireland. Argos and Littlewoods had some refurb iPhone5 recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I was considering buying one. Will wait now.

The metal frame that runs around the edge of the 4 and 5 makes them virtually unbreakable.

The 6 is almost too slick to be useful. But, may you just have to treat it like you would a tablet.

D.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dinarius wrote: »
    I was considering buying one. Will wait now.

The metal frame that runs around the edge of the 4 and 5 makes them virtually unbreakable.

The 6 is almost too slick to be useful. But, may you just have to treat it like you would a tablet.

D.

I found that, but5 go a clear crystal case for it. Fine now.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I found that, but5 go a clear crystal case for it. Fine now.

Do you have a link to the case you bought?

Thanks.

D.

• Advertisement

Dinarius wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the case you bought?

Thanks.

D.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N98KKAU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Free screen protector, too which I actually managed to fit!!!!

whiterebel wrote: »

I like it! :p

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I have just noticed today that my iPhone 6 which I have had for 2 months is bent. It is pretty noticeable when it's out of its case. It must have bent my my pocket sometime. Is there any recourse I have or do u just have to live with it? It's on a bill pay contract. Should I just attempt to bend it back into place?

Did you buy it from Apple.ie?

Did you have a case on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I bought it under contract from emobile. I had a this case on it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N9CYWLO/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_3

I was expecting to have to ring up and argue for a free replacement. Maybe they realise it's a major default with the phone and there is no point in trying to tell me it was my fault.

Received my replacement phone back yesterday so happy enough with the turnaround time. Hopefully this one won't bend. I will try and avoid my jeans pocket where possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭OceanSixteen

Yeah I just checked my repair status and it says Product replacement pending, Is it a refurb or brand new iPhone you received?

Yeah I just checked my repair status and it says Product replacement pending, Is it a refurb or brand new iPhone you received?

I'm not sure I think its a refurb? It came in a plain white box! You wouldnt be able to tell the difference it looks brand new!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

While I was waiting in an Apple Store in the UK recently I observed a customer with an iPhone 6 being told by a Genius that their phone was bent (the genius said that a bent phone reduces the touch sensitivity of the screen). They were invited to pay a fee for Apple to fix the bend. They were not offered a free replacement (this is despite the fact that the phone was apparently being returned to the customer after some kind of existing repair).

My iphone 6 Plus screen cracked a few weeks after purchase (below the home button). It didn't fall. It literally cracked in my hand, inside a high-protection case. After a long wait on the phone to their call centre, Apple offered me an entirely new device -- just on the basis of diagnosing it with AppleCare over the phone. The fact that it was still within its 90 day (free AppleCare) purchase window may have influenced the decision. In any event, the phone was entirely new and I'm a very happy customer. In my experience they give very satisfactory customer care once you stand your ground. Try to speak to them in Cork if possible, and list any other Apple products you currently / previously owned. Retaining your future custom does seem to make a difference if its the difference between you being happy or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I bought it under contract from emobile. I had a this case on it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N9CYWLO/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_3

I was expecting to have to ring up and argue for a free replacement. Maybe they realise it's a major default with the phone and there is no point in trying to tell me it was my fault.

That's not really a 'case' it's about as useful as a condom on your Mickey if it was caught between a slammed door and a door frame

Advertisement