Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transferring songs from iphone 4 to a new laptop

• 25-12-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Just got a new laptop but don't know to transfer over my songs etc onto a new iTunes on this laptop. I don't think I have any details saved to my iCloud so I can't sync up to iTunes that way. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Copy them onto something like a USB stick and copy them over that way, or the complicated way is to use file sharing. Are both Macs or PCs?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Zcott wrote: »
    Copy them onto something like a USB stick and copy them over that way, or the complicated way is to use file sharing. Are both Macs or PCs?

My old laptop was a PC but it died a death so there's no hope of me copying them over. Am I screwed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

download iTunes to computer then open then plug in phone

braddun wrote: »
    download iTunes to computer then open then plug in phone

I've tried that. Won't sync anything from my iphone to itunes. I've nothing stored on my icloud so if I sync up I will lose all my music, photos etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Advertisement

braddun wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice but the "share pod" software that it asks to download only has a limit of 50songs it can transfer over before you have to shell out money. So I'm still stuck in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 n.lane

My old laptop was a PC but it died a death so there's no hope of me copying them over. Am I screwed?

Are you sure you can't save the hard drive? I've had a few PCs die over the years, always managed to get the hard drive out and into a cradle.

n.lane wrote: »
    Are you sure you can't save the hard drive? I've had a few PCs die over the years, always managed to get the hard drive out and into a cradle.

Im a major amatuer when it comes to this. How do I do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 n.lane

Im a major amatuer when it comes to this. How do I do this?

There are lots of places that can do this for you, and it shouldn't cost much. Where are you based?

Advertisement