Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lizard Squad are at it again (PSN/Live Down)

Options
  • 25-12-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

Both Xbox Live and PSN are down. Their twitter is getting immense numbers of followers, did anyone see this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Both Xbox Live and PSN are down. Their twitter is getting immense numbers of followers, did anyone see this?

I really do wish these guys would just go and kill themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

How the hell are they not getting arrested? Pardon my naivety.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Take a look at this guys youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/user/NewDramaAlert

He done alot of interviews with Lizard Squad and Finest Squad basically all you need to know in them videos..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They music be really happy and content in their personal lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Anyone hear anything ?
    lot of people having trouble signing into Psn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

From Playstation.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Volume I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No it's those Lizard Squad douche bags again with the DDoS attacks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,378 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Haven't been able to connect to the PSN network at all today. Cannot understand why such ****wits are allowed on YouTube or Twitter as they are promoting criminal activity effectively. Great to know that such a bunch of look at me attention seekers can get away with it... Love to see their faces if they do ever have to stand in front of a judge and explain their actions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

:mad: Fúckers! Finally get a chance to see the GTA updates and online isnt available.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I can sign in on the PC here for the PSN and make purchases but keep getting an error on the vita saying password doesn't match, fcuking dorks getting a laugh out of doing this, I hate amateurs.

I hate hackers.

they're not hackers...these guys are simply doing a DOS attack on both sites..any gob****e can do it ..simply download the scripts and double click..frakking morons calling themselves hackers ...they haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If Microsoft went through with their original plan for always online it would have been a disaster with these kids knocking their service offline every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Blazer wrote: »
    they're not hackers...these guys are simply doing a DOS attack on both sites..any gob****e can do it ..simply download the scripts and double click..frakking morons calling themselves hackers ...they haven't a clue

You are correct sir, post has been fixed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What gets me is these guys have been bragging about this for weeks now and it still happens. Are there any reports as to what kind of payload they are aiming at Sony an MS because I would imagine without getting too technical about it they were level 3/4 attacks and not level 7 :confused: Surely the likes of MS and Sony's services would have some of the highest levels of hardening and bandwidth possible so makes me wonder what is being thrown at them and I question the "bought" servers talk being thrown about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I mean how many of these feckers are there MS and Sony should join forces and bring these scumbags down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I was on GTA V online for about 4 hours this afternoon but that was the PS3, does that make any difference?

Twice I couldn't get on but it said it was maintenance issues, it was fine again a minute later on both occasions. There were a few dodgy glitches going on with certain players though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

calex71 wrote: »
    What gets me is these guys have been bragging about this for weeks now and it still happens. Are there any reports as to what kind of payload they are aiming at Sony an MS because I would imagine without getting too technical about it they were level 3/4 attacks and not level 7 :confused: Surely the likes of MS and Sony's services would have some of the highest levels of hardening and bandwidth possible so makes me wonder what is being thrown at them and I question the "bought" servers talk being thrown about :confused:

Hard to protect against a DDOS attack and it' quite easy to set up. Just over load the server with requests and it will go down. Hard to prevent it really or do anything about it until it happens so you can see where it's coming from.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

They've literally ruined christmas for a bunch of kids. What ****s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-30602609
    Xbox and PlayStation online services have been suffering technical problems, amid claims a hacking group has disabled their services.

Microsoft and Sony - the companies which make the games consoles - have told customers they are aware of issues affecting their online services.

A hacking group called Lizard Squad is claiming to have caused the problems.

Microsoft and Sony have not commented on the claim, but both said they were fixing the issues.

I was killed all day with 3 lads complaining about Xbox live and another about the PSN. Was convinced it was a router or upc issue. Relieved it's not actually a broadband issue.

What surprise me more is how they can get away with it. I work for one of the biggest IT companies and millions are spent every year protecting customers against these ddos attacks.

The thing is Xbox Live is back online a few hours and PSN is still down.
    Sony really are amateurs when it comes to online security etc.
    They really need to up their game..not much point in splashing out on a PS4 when it's doing sodall and I'm stuck with Fifa 15 on xbox1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Apparently Lizard Squad "stopped attacks momentarily". I get so thick when I see sh#t like this. I can't imagine the amount of disappointed kids out there that woke up to their respective console, only to have this happen.

Source

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Some amount of spas retweeting other spas to get 5k something to stop the hacks. Gamers in general are complete ****ing spas, sending death threats to xbox support the ****?

Moved the the kids to PCMR this year kinda worked out well, no issues today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Blazer wrote: »
    The thing is Xbox Live is back online a few hours and PSN is still down.
    Sony really are amateurs when it comes to online security etc.
    They really need to up their game..not much point in splashing out on a PS4 when it's doing sodall and I'm stuck with Fifa 15 on xbox1.

The PSN network has been working fine for me for the last 6-8 hours and for other posters as well, no need for the exaggeration as Sony for a change were really on the ball with this and had its service up again before Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, PSN was back up for me just after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Chances of these people being caught? They sound like the biggest bunch of losers going, nothing creative about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The longer a thread goes on, the more likely it turns into a flame war between Xbox & PS gamers.

Not quite as bad as the Lizard Squad but still.. We both got affected....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kim Dotcom gave them 3000 Mega.co.nz premium subscription vouchers to stop attacking.

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/548275217320001536
    https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/548305704776241152

Advertisement