Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lizard Squad are at it again (PSN/Live Down)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Oat23 wrote: »
    Kim Dotcom gave them 3000 Mega.co.nz premium subscription vouchers to stop attacking.

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/548275217320001536[/U RL]
    https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/548305704776241152[/U RL]

Is that just a PR stunt or?

You don't give in to ransoms with kidnappers, that just encourages more kidnappings...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is that just a PR stunt or?

You don't give in to ransoms with kidnappers, that just encourages more kidnappings...

PR move of course. He said all the codes will be lifetime codes, but will be terminated if they attack PSN/XBL again. We'll see what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Oat23 wrote: »
    PR move of course. He said all the codes will be lifetime codes, but will be terminated if they attack PSN/XBL again. We'll see what they do.

Even still if Lizard Squad are out of the picture with this bribe, it just encourages more groups to attack PSN/XBL or other such things and extort rewards. Doesn't look like much thought went into that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xbox is back working for me but psn is still down. Seemingly psn is working for a lot, but still down for some. Don't know if it is an ISP issue n my end or our region is still out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

that's ridiculous that PSN is still down..I had tried it about 20 times last night upto 2am and gave up in the end thinking at least it'll be back tomorrow.
    Something like this is really turning me off sony if it takes this long to come back each time..it sounds like they've filtering IP's at the moment and only allowing a certain amount through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I hate whomever is doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Weird. I knew I would not be able to play Destiny so I booted up Peggle 2. But it just hangs at the start screen now. I wonder if there is some online check preventing it from starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Weird. I knew I would not be able to play Destiny so I booted up Peggle 2. But it just hangs at the start screen now. I wonder if there is some online check preventing it from starting.

That happened me too, but it eventually loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cant play Destiny, W2K15, Trials Fusion nothing.....I am blessed Far Cry 4 has an offline mode ffs!!!!

Sony are worse then Lizards amateurs ffs!

• Advertisement

I'm surprised Xbox Live is being hit. Normally it's just PSN getting grief, but people are still having trouble with XBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Turned on my new PS4 yesterday. It accepted an update and then rebooted. Haven't been able to sign in since I turned it on. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Somebody should catch these lizard squad losers stuck them all in orange jumpsuits, ship them over to Syria and hand them over to ISIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

New PS4 and no joy online, have to do things like hoovering to occupy my time, thats how bad its got :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Psn still down but yet Xbox live working no problem in my brothers room sort this crap out sony!!

ando wrote: »
    New PS4 and no joy online, have to do things like hoovering to occupy my time, thats how bad its got :eek::eek:

Lizard squad have crossed the line now.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lizard squad have crossed the line now.

I even had to clean both my game rooms...way out of frakking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I see one of the little ****s details have been put on Twitter along with a holiday picture of him and his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I thought Kimdotcom had bribed them with unlimited mega accounts to stop?

Seems they havent stopped unfortunately.... :mad:

I'm only getting a chance to sit down and play games now, wish I could play....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Is there any point in me even trying to set up an account? Is it still down?

• Advertisement

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Is there any point in me even trying to set up an account? Is it still down?

Still down.

for Playstation owners yep PSN is still down..it's disgraceful support from Sony...Xbox Live was taken down as well but back up around 9pm last night and I was able to play Fifa away..all I really wanted to play was Destiny on PS4 and it's still not back..Sony really are incredibly incompetent compared to MS regarding online gaming etc. I'm going to have to seriously rethink my PS4 purchases big time if Sony can't get their act together.

Just sell the thing, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Who, exactly, is kimdotcom?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Who, exactly, is kimdotcom?

http://bit.ly/1CWEcaD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm not a gamer but what is the motivation for these hackers? Where's the fun in ruining Christmas day for people by attacking the PSN and Xbox live networks? Don't get the attraction of hacking websites and other online things.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Just sell the thing, so.

I would but I bought the destiny digital pack...and just bought GTA5 for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm not a gamer but what is the motivation for these hackers? Where's the fun in ruining Christmas day for people by attacking the PSN and Xbox live networks? Don't get the attraction of hacking websites and other online things.

From what I've heard, is that there are trying to prove that PlayStation and Xbox networks are weak at security.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

mxph3 wrote: »
    From what I've heard, is that there are trying to prove that PlayStation and Xbox networks are weak at security.

It's a bit pathetic isn't it. They knew loads would want to use both services yesterday too so it's extremely juvenile behaviour out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

mxph3 wrote: »

Got nothing to do with security. It's a ddos. It requires no ability or knowledge to do, and its got zip to do with the security of any server. Robustness, yes. Security, no.

Advertisement