Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lizard Squad are at it again (PSN/Live Down)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Seems to be coming back online. Just got in to the store on the playstation website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Yeah just got signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Yeah just got signed.

Working fine for me too thank feck for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I still can't get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I still can't get on.

Power off and on your router and give it a go, let me know how you get on....

I'm back on... :)

• Advertisement

Still nothing, it says the connection to the server has been terminated and the code is NW-31194-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Still nothing, it says the connection to the server has been terminated and the code is NW-31194-8.

I'd say it will gradually get back up soon....

Stick a pin in the reset hole of the router and completely reboot it....

I'm Magnet, fat pipe fibre in North Co Dublin if it makes any difference, gonna check with my mate round the corner now soon....

I can get online on the PS3 but not the PS4. I have no games left on the PS3 so that's no good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It was back working for me when I tried at 8.30am on the PS4 and VITA. Didn't try it on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Some stuff is working for me on ps4 like friends lists etc but can't get on line in either cod or gta
    Very annoying as in back to work tomorrow with today being the only day off :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's all back to normal for me since 8.30 ish this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

And it's gone again for maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Was the store working for people earlier? I was able to get connected to the PSN yesterday and early on Christmas day, but I can't load the store at all.

I've a bunch of redeem codes that I've been waiting to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

A few of my friends are back up an running but I'm still down. We're all in the Tipp area so it's obviously not a regional issue.. Anybody know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I was online on the PS4 from 8-10pm last night. Got the 6.5gb patch for Unity downloaded in 20mins and all. PSN has been down for me since.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Still not working for me. Up to date info avaliable here - https://mobile.twitter.com/askplaystation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

v3ttel wrote: »
    Was the store working for people earlier? I was able to get connected to the PSN yesterday and early on Christmas day, but I can't load the store at all.

I've a bunch of redeem codes that I've been waiting to use.

I was able to load up the store on the website. Haven't tried the PS3 store yet. My PS3 is due an update and I wasn't risking it with the outages.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

On playing Destiny right now 14:55 kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

At least something good has come from it. Anonymous have declared war on Lizard Squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This is getting beyond a joke now, the third consecutive day that it's been impossible to sign in to PSN. Sony had better take a very hard look at the stability of their service cos this is just not acceptable. 60 quid a year for this??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Cienciano wrote: »
    At least something good has come from it. Anonymous have declared war on Lizard Squad

Anonymous are basically lizard squad anyway, anyone who is in Lizard Squad likely came up through anonymous and was one of their script kiddies a couple of years ago. Also what kind of war will this be? Likely just insulting each other back and forth over twitter and nothing more, the most that can happen is the doxxing of lizard squad which I doubt will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Cienciano wrote: »

Anonymous, the Robin Hood of cyberspace...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I am finishing games the last couple of days which is not too common for me these days.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Anonymous are basically lizard squad anyway, anyone who is in Lizard Squad likely came up through anonymous and was one of their script kiddies a couple of years ago. Also what kind of war will this be? Likely just insulting each other back and forth over twitter and nothing more, the most that can happen is the doxxing of lizard squad which I doubt will happen

It has already happened. Their information was released last year.

Also, hacking and DDoSing are two distinctly different things. One is difficult, one isn't. Anyone with a computer could DDoS.

If it was difficult to DDoS someone, do you think these people would waste their time on youtubers and twitch streamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its not like one person can take down Live or PSN though. It would take multiple PC's all attacking the same target to take it down. Im not saying it takes skill but it does take a bit of organisation from what i read. The code for it is sometimes even embedded into torrent files,anybody downloading the torrent is un wittingly take part in the attack.

Dont forget Sony and MS knew about this attack for awhile and still couldnt prevent it as its near impossible to,which sucks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Am I missing something here? Can these Christmas day kids not play offline? Is the functionality of consoles entirely dependent on it being online?

Obviously it's difficult to stop as all the server sees are requests for information. It would have been a lot more difficult to take down last week though, for example. There were so many people turning on consoles for the first time, making new accounts and updating games on Christmas Day that the servers would already have been under a lot of stress. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do, but it's certainly not hacking.

I don't know why people are giving them so much attention. It's exactly what they want. I've just heard they were interviewed on Sky News.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm playing Far Cry 4 Offline
    And booted up Evil Within last night and it downloaded the 1GB patch in the background no problem.
    But I cannot get any other online stuff going

Advertisement