Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lizard Squad are at it again (PSN/Live Down)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Can these Christmas day kids not play offline? Is the functionality of consoles entirely dependent on it being online?

Depends on what they bought to be fair. Anyone who bought a Vita pack were stuck as all the games in the pack were downloadable. Some might have needed updates to play (not sure myself, haven't bought either of the new systems)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

DarkJager wrote: »
    This is getting beyond a joke now, the third consecutive day that it's been impossible to sign in to PSN. Sony had better take a very hard look at the stability of their service cos this is just not acceptable. 60 quid a year for this??

To be fair, it's damn near impossible to prevent a DDOS attack from impacting your servers. Microsoft, Blizzard, Sony and many more have all been hit by it, and there is sod all that can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Can these Christmas day kids not play offline? Is the functionality of consoles entirely dependent on it being online?

There's also an issue that people have some time off over Xmas and like to play multiplayer games with friends. Any plans like that are gone completely out the window this year because of this absolute ****ery.

To make this even more frustrating on top of 3
    days now being unable to play online, Sony aren't giving enough updates or details on when the service will be back. For 60e a year, this is a **** way to treat your customers. I've lost count of the amount of times this year there has been some problem or other using it.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    To be fair, it's damn near impossible to prevent a DDOS attack from impacting your servers. Microsoft, Blizzard, Sony and many more have all been hit by it, and there is sod all that can be done.

I understand about the ddos being unpreventable but that ended late Christmas day. It is now 2 full days later and the service is still down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just read anonymous just released a document showing details for psn, xbox, amazon and loads other sites showing usernames, passwords and credit card details. Anyone elae here this?

• Advertisement

There are a few reports when you Google it. You'd have to assume a lot of it is old information. I couldn't imagine Sony and Microsoft being caught like that again. DDoSing is one thing, but someone hacking their servers to get passwords and credit card details should be completely preventable.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just read anonymous just released a document showing details for psn, xbox, amazon and loads other sites showing usernames, passwords and credit card details. Anyone elae here this?

Yup I read that too, 13000 details in it supposedly including credit card info taken from the account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sheehy83 wrote: »

Not sure why the papers are running the story, it is a rehash of an article from 2011 according to most Neogaf users.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sitting here waiting some 5 hours for the Drive Club update to download.
    A proper pain in the hole this is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

down for 3 days now, if it goes on much longer they will have to throw everyone a free psn game or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gonzo wrote: »
    down for 3 days now, if it goes on much longer they will have to throw everyone a free psn game or something.

It's not down for me. I was online last night for 2 hours. It was working this afternoon too, went for a few hours but it's back for me now. Seems to vary for different people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lizard squad are some bunch of langers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Their Twitter account is the strongest argument against Darwinism I've ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

I was just speaking to one of there workers and I asked about a reimbursement and this is the reply i received :
    You: my other question is will there be a three day reimbursement of membership?
    Franklyn: There is no timeframe at the moment and I am so sorry for this but rest assure that we will find a way to compensate this with our players

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I wouldn't listen to their support grunts. Sony might do something as a esture but you can guarantee that tucked away in the T&Cs is a section that references caveat emptor regarding the online service.

I can't see them doing anything. They might reimburse PS+ members for the lost time, but I doubt there'll be any free games this time (well, unless account information has been compromised again)

Sure they've given the same games free on two separate occasions now, haven't they?

Sure what is the cost of the lost time per subscription? 40 quid for the year, so a few cent per day? I'll not beclamouring for that kind of reimbursement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sure what is the cost of the lost time per subscription? 40 quid for the year, so a few cent per day? I'll not beclamouring for that kind of reimbursement.

I'm back on???

Yeah, my friends list has filled up. Tentatively saying that it's looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I got on, sort of, I requested 3 friends from on here earlier, I can see that one accepted but can't do any more than that. I'm off to bed in the hopes that all will be sorted in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Successfully logged into ps store, redeemed money and bought a game, lets see if download is interrupted through the night. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

One of them on TV tonight

http://digg.com/video/live-tv-interview-with-one-of-the-members-of-lizard-squad

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/lizard-squad-hackers/

Came accross exactly how you would expect him to.

Someone should buy him and mates a hooker and the girlfriend experience.

What I found was odd was they had direct access to the "internet" which means one of them works for or paid for direct access to the actual backbone of the internet. If they hit those numbers there is no way any servers located on a backend did it, it had to be from within the backbone of the internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Lizard Squad

1008_cartmans_basement--screenshot_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Still nothing for me here this morning. It's been 24 hours since Sony said it was back 'online'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

chrislad wrote: »
    Still nothing for me here this morning. It's been 24 hours since Sony said it was back 'online'

Yep, same here. Kids going nuts at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Back working for me now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I've been on since 8:30 this morning, no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Im still down wtf!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Im still down wtf!?

Retry letting it do the auto easy network test....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Fieldog wrote: »
    Retry letting it do the auto easy network test....

Done all that...

Advertisement