Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lizard Squad are at it again (PSN/Live Down)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Hahaha awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Got back on as soon as I changed MTU to 1473 in the network setup.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Done all that...

I was having no luck with my original account, try logging onto another account if you have one and log back in as yourself

My Ps Plus ran out and a 48hr trial popped up on the screen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Still nothing for me

Tried changing MTU to 1473 and tried logging on, i got the terms and conditions screen and clicked accept but then says the connection to the server has been terminated.

You would imagine Sony/Microsoft would be all over this as its going into day 3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Trying to join a club in Assassins Creed: Unity but I can't log in to my PSN to do so? is anyone else having problems logging into PSN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

You would imagine Sony/Microsoft would be all over this as its going into day 3 now

Xbox live has been backup since friday night

But your right it's poor from both especially when you have to pay to play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Kimdotcom basically rewarded them for taking down the networks. Cue a lot more of this in the future with people expecting 'ransoms' being paid to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Kimdotcom basically rewarded them for taking down the networks. Cue a lot more of this in the future with people expecting 'ransoms' being paid to them.

I don't know what to make of that really. I hadn't the slightest clue who he was before it, but when I googled him and read through his twitter feed the whole thing started to get a bit fishy. I might be reading too far in to it, but I got fed up reading what he was posting when he started bragging and got preachy.

Obviously though, it does make it a lot more likely to happen again now that one group has been paid off for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its all very suspect. Works out nicely for that Kim guy who gets great PR from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

AdamD wrote: »
    Its all very suspect. Works out nicely for that Kim guy who gets great PR from it all.

He already has tons of PR. He's also apparently running for U.S. Government :).
    In fairness, more like hm wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I tried this HOW TO SIGN INTO PSN WHEN IT IS DOWN: http://youtu.be/Cxsc3j6qoWI and it worked for me. I'm back online now like nothing ever happened..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I can sign in, but need the validation email to do anything, and it won't send, from two different accounts. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone else still having issues? Can't sign into PSN still; getting the connection to the network has been disconnected error

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I can sign in, but need the validation email to do anything, and it won't send, from two different accounts. Anyone else experiencing this?

Saw a few people with that problem on the PS support twitter page. They were told to check their spam/junk folders then contact their local support centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Kim Dotcom paid them to stop as he is an avid gamer that wanted to play multiplayer games over Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

eddhorse wrote: »
    Kim Dotcom paid them to stop as he is an avid gamer that wanted to play multiplayer games over Xmas.

Yeah I remember seeing a video of him getting to number 1 MW2 player in the world when it came out first he was playing it non stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Yeah I remember seeing a video of him getting to number 1 MW2 player in the world when it came out first he was playing it non stop!

He sounds like fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

These the same retards from Lolzsec? Similar mascots...

GerB40 wrote: »
    He sounds like fun...

Look up some videos of how he used to spend his money.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems Sony are giving their users a compensation package over Lizard Squads asshat move and their slow response to it.

All PSN users will receive a one time 10% off code for the total cart cost of a purchase and an additional 5 day PS+ membership for all PSN users with an active or trial PS+ membership on the 25th of Deecember.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/01/holiday-thank-you/

• Advertisement

Seems Sony are giving their users a compensation package over Lizard Squads asshat move and their slow response to it.

All PSN users will receive a one time 10% off code for the total cart cost of a purchase and an additional 5 day PS+ membership for all PSN users with an active or trial PS+ membership on the 25th of Deecember.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/01/holiday-thank-you/

That's not much of a compensation to anyone who received a PS4 for Christmas.
    My friends kid couldn't touch his main Christmas present for 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Allyall wrote: »

It's better than nothing. Sony didn't have to do something like this, though nothing is going to be enough compensation for the sheer disappointment and dismay caused by those idiots.

Seems a few of them that were giving out the interviews at Christmas have been identified and arrested. Seriously though they should have already been grabbed considering they called in a hoax bomb threat on a commercial flight back in September.

Also Lizard Squad apparently hit Sony harder than Microsoft on this occasion, hitting them with 1.2Tb/s of junk data making it the largest DDOS attack yet. The previous record was 400Gb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its exactly the compensation deserved tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

He couldn't touch it? Broken networks are known to be hazardous alright!

It was a minor inconvenience for a few days, the kid won't even remember how he couldn't go online in 3 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Taken from Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-02-sony-says-sorry-for-psn-christmas-outage-with-five-days-of-ps-plus-ps-store-discount

Meanwhile, cops have arrested a 22-year-old man from Twickenham believed to be linked to Lizard Squad. The man was arrested on 31st December in a raid on his home conducted by the South East Regional Organised Crime Unit (SEROCU). He was later released on bail until 10th March 2015.

The Thames Valley Police statement fails to reference the Christmas 2014 attacks on PSN and XBL, but security researcher Brian Krebs posted a copy of a bail notice on his blog that suggests the 22-year-old man is Vinnie Omari, who has been linked to Lizard Squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

He couldn't touch it? Broken networks are known to be hazardous alright!

It was a minor inconvenience for a few days, the kid won't even remember how he couldn't go online in 3 months time.

Depends on the kid. If it's their first console, the memory is definitely tainted. Majority of gamers have very fond memories of Xmas morning and their first console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

rizzla wrote: »
    Depends on the kid. If it's their first console, the memory is definitely tainted. Majority of gamers have very fond memories of Xmas morning and their first console.

Could he not play offline or were his games to be downloaded from the store? Have loads of people here at work complaining about it also but their kids had physical copies of games so thought they were going overboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

I still can't connect - getting CE33992-6 error. Checked the support website which says it's a PSN issue, but I thought the issue has been resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lajtel

AnimalChin wrote: »
    I still can't connect - getting CE33992-6 error. Checked the support website which says it's a PSN issue, but I thought the issue has been resolved?

Did you try things suggested in this thread?
    community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/Error-CE-33992-6-Solved/td-p/21004711

For example, "Try opening the share factory app"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

lajtel wrote: »
    Did you try things suggested in this thread?
    community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/Error-CE-33992-6-Solved/td-p/21004711

For example, "Try opening the share factory app"

Cool. I'll try that later! Thanks.

Advertisement