Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closing account from abroad and paying overdraft

Options
  • 25-12-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Dear BOI team
    Hi may i know how to close my account from abroad. There was some blunder. And how should i pay if i got charged somehow? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi miss_h

Thanks for getting in touch here with your query.

You can send a written request to your account holding branch including your account details, request, contact number and signature.

If you feel there may be a closing balance due on your account, we'd recommend calling your branch in advance of sending the letter request. A representative can confirm the exact amount you may need to lodge to allow account to close.

You can find address and contact details of your branch here

Any funds due to the account could be sent by electronic transfer if you perhaps have a bank account with another bank. You will  need your IBAN & BIC details of your account with us to enable transfer. These can be found at the top of your bank statements or eStatements via BOI365 Online. Alternatively, you can locate these details here with your 8 digit account number and 6 digit bank sort code.

Please note, if you are currently signed up for eStatements, please ensure to switch back to paper statements before having account closed. This will ensure you are able to receive your closing statement. Once an account has been closed it's automatically removed from online access.

If we can help further, please do let us know.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement