Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best general IT hardware reference book

Options
  • 25-12-2014 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

I have been reading through the highly recommended "Upgrading And Repairing PCS 21st Edition" by Scott Mueller.. And while it is quite good, the guy goes in to way too much detail about old technologies, and the book is very poorly written and repetitious in parts....

So what's the best alternative... Anybody have any favourites that I should look up... I looked it up on amazon but there seems to be a lack of quality books covering the topic..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...I looked it up on amazon but there seems to be a lack of quality books covering the topic..

A book will never be current.

Find a hardware forum that's into overclocking like OCUK and you'll learn everything you need to know about the basics and more.

Advertisement