Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entry level electric grinder vs high end hand grinder

• 25-12-2014 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Had been making do with a rhino hand grinder for my gaggia classic while i saved for a eureka Mignon, up until a fortnight ago when it gave up the ghost.

Now I need a grinder as soon as I go back to London next week and am unsure as to whether I'm better off with something like an iberital mc2 or an orphanespresso lido 2.

Mostly drink espresso from gaggia, but sometimes aeropress and French press too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

Hi
    I cant say much about the hand grinder. The MC2 on the other hand I can say I have owned one of these and use it as my main grinder for 4 or 5 years and love it. It is stepless ginder so switching between drip and espresso is a pain which for me is fine as I only really drink espresso based drinks but is great for getting that perfect grind for your machine and bean. The chute will catch some coffee I have a small brush with a angled head to get up into the chute to clean them out so no biggie. I clean out my machine with compressed air once a week and every 6 months I run some grindz through the machine to clean off any oils and crap that has built up on the burrs.It's a decent machine solidly built. I hope this helps some

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mobilize

I also have had very good experience with Iberital MC2. Very precise control when you find the sweet spot for you needs (in my case espresso). Perhaps a little noisy but aren't all electric grinders.

Excellent if you are are targettng same grind repeatedly, which in my case was a double espresso of about 16g. More difficult to manage if you wanted to switch dosing between single and double or wanted to switch between espresso and drip.

However I have just upgraded to Eureka Zenith and really not enough counter space to keep both. So if others on forum looking at MC2 or equivalent then it is available for new home. Just put it up on adverts.ie

Advertisement