Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 tablet

• 25-12-2014 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I bought one of these tablets over the last few days and have been very impressed with it. It was €50 in Gamestop

The hardware spec is very impressive for such a low price;
    - 64-bit x86 Intel Atom quad core processor
    - 1 GB of DDR3 Ram
    - 32GB of internal storage
    - Micro SD, Micro USB and Micro HDMI ports
    - 7in IPS (1280*800) display (215ppi)

The installed software is also very impressive for the price;
    - Full version of Windows 8.1
    - One year subscription to Office 365 Personal

The body is made of a high-quality plastic and feels quite well built.

The setup was really painless and within a few minutes my Windows settings had been downloaded from the cloud and the desktop was setup exactly as it is on my desktop

I have used a number of programs and they have actually run quite well. Netflix ran perfectly on this tablet.

I was so impressed with this tablet that I bought a second one that I am going to hook up to a flat panel (using micro HDMI) and use as a media player and for light browsing

This tablet compares very favourably to an iPad Mini 32GB (current SP c.€285). The Linx has a faster, more advanced processor, higher resolution display, twice the ram and substantially better expandability options than the iPad Mini. The Linx also uses a full version real-world OS and not the crippled iOS that Apple uses

This tablet for a perfect media consumption device and is also perfect for web browsing and light office work

Comments

Sold! If only they were open today. €50 sounds incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Which gamestop? online it says €100.
    Gonna try charlestown tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I got the tablets in Henry Street. I think they had loads in stock

Sold! If only they were open today. €50 sounds incredible.

For the spec, they are still very good value at €100

They are €50 if you are a level 3 rewards member, so €64 Inc. membership fee for the first one and then €50 for any subsequent purchases

I was in Gamestop in Henry Street earlier and they seem to have loads of the tablets in stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

jahalpin wrote: »
    For the spec, they are still very good value at €100

They are €50 if you are a level 3 rewards member, so €64 Inc. membership fee for the first one and then €50 for any subsequent purchases

Well thats what I thought when me and my son wanted to buy one each today at gamestop Sligo...

The plan was buy the first one at full price and get the level 3 reward card and then use said reward card to get second one for €49.

The sales assistant abruptly told us this would not be possible.

Wont be going back to gamestop Sligo in a hurry

Well thats what I thought when me and my son wanted to buy one each today at gamestop Sligo...

The plan was buy the first one at full price and get the level 3 reward card and then use said reward card to get second one for €49.

The sales assistant abruptly told us this would not be possible.

Wont be going back to gamestop Sligo in a hurry

The sales assistant was wrong, the tablets have been reduced to €50 for level 3 members.

The €66.99 includes the cost of the Level 3 membership, so if you buy the membership first, they should sell the tablets for €50.

You should probably ask him to check with his manager or check with head office in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was working and could not pick up one of those tablets. :( local gamestop sold them all Ffs. For 50eu they were a freaking bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

jahalpin wrote: »
    The sales assistant was wrong, the tablets have been reduced to €50 for level 3 members.

The €66.99 includes the cost of the Level 3 membership, so if you buy the membership first, they should sell the tablets for €50.

You should probably ask him to check with his manager or check with head office in Dublin

I was thinking the same, and just to clarify it was a she not a he.....

Advertisement