Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Shock 4, mini or micro USB?

Options
  • 25-12-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

I'm buying a PS4 tomorrow, I hear the battery life is terrible and I can't afford a 2nd controller to keep charging one while I use the other. I'm going to buy a 3m USB cable so I can charge it while I play.

Is it a mini or micro (like most phones) connection? I don't want to get the wrong one.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I'm buying a PS4 tomorrow, I hear the battery life is terrible and I can't afford a 2nd controller to keep charging one while I use the other. I'm going to buy a 3m USB cable so I can charge it while I play.

Is it a mini or micro (like most phones) connection? I don't want to get the wrong one.

Cheers in advance.

It's the micro one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Cheers, I'll do that once GTA finishes installing, it's taken about half an hour to get to 75%, I hope all the games are not the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

sugarman wrote: »
    A good tip to save the battery life is to turn off the LED light in the settings

I thought you could only turn it down, not fully off?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

COYVB wrote: »
    I thought you could only turn it down, not fully off?

Yes, you can only turn them down and not off, and it has next to no effect on battery life; LEDs use very little power.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

If I got a 3m cable would it be ok to leave it charging all the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Icaras wrote: »

Should be fine. I have a phone charger handy that charges the controller in no time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Icaras wrote: »

Typically no, most modern batteries need to keep the juice flowing - in particular Li-Ion. You may age the battery by leaving it plugged in.

TBH the battery in the DS4 is fine, just plug it in when you're finished playing every other day. Of course you can just install an after market battery if you're having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

When it tells me the battery is getting low, I charge it while playing, when I think its charged I plug it out again.

Advertisement