Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas presents

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PhilBill

D_turbo wrote: »
    Fantastic pressies. Mother has always gone all out. We (the Children) always reutrn the favour but alwys out do ourselves.

NIce one...Mrytle beach..cant say i know it bar East bound and down.

Cash will get me a canadian visa for when i decide to pack up :D and Tickets to amsterdam in febuary

family are great :D

Literally cannot wait for Summer!! 3 months living in America is gonna be unworldly!!!

Hit Amsterdam up last November!! You will be surprised at how amazing it is!!!

Planning Canadian Visa for next Summer!! It's the Christmas present I'm asking for!! :D

Family are to great!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

PhilBill wrote: »
    Literally cannot wait for Summer!! 3 months living in America is gonna be unworldly!!!

Hit Amsterdam up last November!! You will be surprised at how amazing it is!!!

Planning Canadian Visa for next Summer!! It's the Christmas present I'm asking for!! :D

Family are to great!! :O
    Iv had buddys do the the j1...horror stories that you wouldnt belive..so make sure you go with lads willing to work haha.

3rd time heading back to amsterdam...A state of trance is me and a few the lads yearly event and this is year 3...Not long back from prague following trance music...would much rather go see a diff part of europe while im there but Amsterdam is where the event is at...and i follow music so...so be it lol.

Yeah i plan on getting 2 year work visa now that i have my papers...wheter i go straight away or not...we shall see

Iv had buddys do the the j1...horror stories that you wouldnt belive..so make sure you go with lads willing to work haha.

3rd time heading back to amsterdam...A state of trance is me and a few the lads yearly event and this is year 3...Not long back from prague following trance music...would much rather go see a diff part of europe while im there but Amsterdam is where the event is at...and i follow music so...so be it lol.

Yeah i plan on getting 2 year work visa now that i have my papers...wheter i go straight away or not...we shall see

Ahh I use to listen to ASOT online nonstop about a year ago! Armin Van Burren was the F'in man back then! Still listen to the odd Above and Beyond track but not much more after that. Prague is being planned for march with lads from my fam but thinking I'm gonna skip it due to the J1! Im only in my 2nd year of college thought I may just run away on my own to America for the summer but your post scared me!!! lol

Ahh I use to listen to ASOT online nonstop about a year ago! Armin Van Burren was the F'in man back then! Still listen to the odd Above and Beyond track but not much more after that. Prague is being planned for march with lads from my fam but thinking I'm gonna skip it due to the J1! Im only in my 2nd year of college thought I may just run away on my own to America for the summer but you post scared me!!! lol

Armins gone to ****..but he runs a good show..Been to 2 asots, ABGT 050 and transmission in prague and a few more around ireland and uk INCL Paul van dyk, suckley etc.

Prague is amazing...can be done for dirt cheap if you avoid the tourist traps...unlike us...Strip clubs and **** diners..but 2 of us went sky diving and 2 a gun range..Much better them Amsterdam IMO.

Haha...well 2 of my buddys that have come back have had issues with them working and other lads doing **** all , other then getting there parents to pay for it while they drink...said only so much drinking every night and uselessness you can take before you have to think about just yourself .
    Both have degrees in Science

Armins gone to ****..but he runs a good show..Been to 2 asots, ABGT 050 and transmission in prague and a few more around ireland and uk INCL Paul van dyk, suckley etc.

Prague is amazing...can be done for dirt cheap if you avoid the tourist traps...unlike us...Strip clubs and **** diners..but 2 of us went sky diving and 2 a gun range..Much better them Amsterdam IMO.

Haha...well 2 of my buddys that have come back have had issues with them working and other lads doing **** all , other then getting there parents to pay for it while they drink...said only so much drinking every night and uselessness you can take before you have to think about just yourself .
    Both have degrees in Science

Haven't listened in to much to Armin in a long time but he literally is trance for me from his radio show! Matzo has been creeping onto my ipod lately and Artsy is never to far behind him either! Havent been to any of the concerts abroad yet but almost ended up at Headhunterz Qlimax 2014 last year in Amsterdam only for people backed out at last minute!!

I'd love to hit Prague up but the funds I'm guessing just wont allow me this year, although I'm really gonna miss the holiday with the lads!!

I'm heading of on my own on this J1 haha may be a complete disaster but I'm sure as hell not one my family will be paying anything other than than fees and flights for me, once I'm out there I'm literally on my own !!! lol

Haven't listened in to much to Armin in a long time but he literally is trance for me from his radio show! Matzo has been creeping onto my ipod lately and Artsy is never to far behind him either! Havent been to any of the concerts abroad yet but almost ended up at Headhunterz Qlimax 2014 last year in Amsterdam only for people backed out at last minute!!

I'd love to hit Prague up but the funds I'm guessing just wont allow me this year, although I'm really gonna miss the holiday with the lads!!

I'm heading of on my own on this J1 haha may be a complete disaster but I'm sure as hell not one my family will be paying anything other than than fees and flights for me, once I'm out there I'm literally on my own !!! lol

Iv seen mat zo and arty live..arty amazing..mat zo wouldnt have me won over in the last year or 2.

Prague is epic...i sky dived, Went to a gun range, got fleeced by hookers, ate very well, drank pints when of any kind when ever i felt like, climbed there main tour, visited all the tourist attractions and got accom for under 800€...I found it much better vaule compared to alot of EU countries..

Better offf on your own from what the lads i live with telll me

But best of look on your trip and enjoy xmas man :cool:

Iv seen mat zo and arty live..arty amazing..mat zo wouldnt have me won over in the last year or 2.

Prague is epic...i sky dived, Went to a gun range, got fleeced by hookers, ate very well, drank pints when of any kind when ever i felt like, climbed there main tour, visited all the tourist attractions and got accom for under 800€...I found it much better vaule compared to alot of EU countries..

Better offf on your own from what the lads i live with telll me

But best of look on your trip and enjoy xmas man :cool:

I've seen Matzo live he played in Dublin about a year back on Camden St was never going to miss that!!! Tbh can't remember it at all but I'd guess it was a good night.

My main aim is to go sky diving close to NY. Have been looking into it and it costs a bomb!!! But think I may have to do it if I go! If I can spare the money for Prague I will 100% go!! TBH I'd be pissed if the boys didn't somehow talk me into going with them! I'd be extremely pissd though if I went and got fleeced by hookers!!! Wont let that happen again! Amsterdam was an eye opener! lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Get a room lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

longshanks wrote: »
    I go to a shoe shop and pick those up, admire and sniff them once a week.

Take the plunge,. They are worth it.
    Also buy online. Mine came from the UK and were 80€ less than they are here in Dublin..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

they wife got me a kick ass shaving kit
    I got her an iPad

and tomorrow we're off to Hawaii (we live in San Francisco so it is "only" a 5 hour flight away)

The main one for her being Spanish is dia de los reyes on the 6th , so i need to start thinking for that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Totally overwhelmed by the presents I received. The thought and effort that went in to them is staggering. I love my family and they are good people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Jewellery
    Perfume
    A book
    A new mobile phone
    Vouchers
    Chocolate.
    Bottle of wine
    Hard back diary

Way too much stuff really.

Stheno wrote: »
    Underwear that is three axed too big! And no I don't need to lose weight

Uh-oh, he's a feeder and it's a statement of intent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

A beautiful newbridge silver necklace
    €100 voucher for Boots

PucaMama wrote: »
    Just a few small things and some pjs :( think I'll get myself something in the new year(if I can)

People on here are very spoiled.

Spoiled doesn't happen because a gift was given, spoiled happens because of how gifts are received. People who are appreciative and grateful aren't spoiled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,318 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I got my usual stuff that keeps me happy -

Socks and jocks and tee shirts
    Two shirt and tie sets
    Lynx deodorant set
    L'Oreal for men shaving set (that's a new addition I wasn't expecting!)
    Box of jelly babies
    Box of fruit jellies

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Got a ticket for bloodstock festival (the metal one, not a horse festival :p)
    Got a voucher for a tattoo and a new hairdryer which was needed! And my fantastic grandparents got me an acdc ticket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

they wife got me a kick ass shaving kit
    I got her an iPad

and tomorrow we're off to Hawaii (we live in San Francisco so it is "only" a 5 hour flight away)

The main one for her being Spanish is dia de los reyes on the 6th , so i need to start thinking for that one

i would say your bigger gift is living then states. Anyways enjoy your holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

From my boyfriend:
    Samsung Galaxy Tablet
    The World of Ice and Fire: The Untold History of Westeros (beautiful hardback!)
    Graham Norton's new book
    A portable heater
    Heated slippers
    Chocolates

From family and friends:
    Sanctuary Spa collections
    Comfy, fluffy pyjamas and dressing gowns
    A Swarovski charm for my bracelet
    Fifty quid
    A Steam gift card
    A Beer Pong set and edible knickers

Made out like a bandit. I got himself a bike and tickets to see The Book of Mormon in London, which was a total "bowling ball called Homer" present as I'm dying to see it myself. :D

Merry Christmas, all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

make up (doesn't suit me -red lipsticks and dark foundation... it's a no to my very pale irish skin!!) clothes and €100 voucher for penneys... might buy things and return it for cash instead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

SMJSF wrote: »
    make up (doesn't suit me -red lipsticks and dark foundation... it's a no to my very pale irish skin!!) clothes and €100 voucher for penneys... might buy things and return it for cash instead...

Can you do that? I've always been given a gift card back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Pyjamas, socks and a box of roses. I spent about 150 in return. I'm officially an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Voucher for my hairdresser
    Voucher to get my nails done
    Two maternity tops
    A pack of stretch mark cream/tummy butter/bath oils etc
    A rake of chocolate
    Some recipe books
    Fancy jammies

I also got a little package from my toddler (aka my husband) with a tiny pair of booties labelled "for my little brother or sister". I'm a sap so that was my favourite bit.

I think I did quite well :) bit of a fat pregnant lady lounging around eating theme going on though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Packrat

Expensive sweater
    60 euro Scetchers voucher
    150 euro (30% of the cost) towards a new winch bumper for my land rover. :-)
    A Go - Pro, - I had been looking at them, but couldn't justify the expenditure.

We jointly received a Chrome cast for connecting the TV to the Internet.
    Various cheeses, Biscuits, wine etc.

It's our son's first Christmas, and he got truly spoilt, - teddies, a six foot tall giraffe, various keepsakes and an automated rocker.

OH got gym equipment and clothes mostly.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Lau2976 wrote:
    Can you do that? I've always been given a gift card back.

I hope I can....!! I don't buy clothes or shoes from penneys... :-/ I would rather it for argos or tescos...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'm over in Holland spending Christmas with my sister. It's good to be with family. I got a big box of Lego which I'm going to build this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

cena wrote: »
    They go higher if you want the ones the players wear. Extra to get a players names etc stitched in the jersey.

They have always been high in price

I'm curious as to which player and team?

I'm curious as to which player and team?

Anahiem ducks. Aka mighty ducks till Disney sold the rights. . Got ryan getzlaf on jersey not pressed on.

Why are you asking

pjs and a blanky, debenhams vouchers, a remote control helicopter :D:D
    i wanted one forever and ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Woshy wrote: »
    A pack of stretch mark cream/tummy butter/bath oils etc
    I wanted to get my sister-in-law something mother and baby but all I could find was creams for stretchmarks and sagging boobs - wasn't sure how she'd take it (she's not pregnant now). It seems to be the only "new mum" stuff on the market. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Candie wrote: »
    Spoiled doesn't happen because a gift was given, spoiled happens because of how gifts are received. People who are appreciative and grateful aren't spoiled.

its perfectly acceptable to view people who go online and brag about the big list of presents they got as spoiled. even without that saying someone is spoiled is hardly the worst thing either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Santa was very good to me :)

Perfume
    Mi Moneda coins
    purse
    Phone cover
    Alex and ani bracelets
    Easons voucher
    Pair of Boots x 2
    Leather jacket
    Makeup bits and pieces/candles/slippers
    Full length mirror that opens to a jewellery cabinet (LOVE)
    Fondue set

It is my birthday too next week so Christmas presents tend to cover that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

SMJSF wrote: »
    I hope I can....!! I don't buy clothes or shoes from penneys... :-/ I would rather it for argos or tescos...

Just giving a heads up that it won't work - I've returned stuff bought with vouchers and receive them back - not cash Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Dolce Gusto coffee machine
    Ralph Lauren aftershave set
    Slippers and socks
    Schneider Weiss gift set from the brother
    Fleece and hat

On the NHL jersey, I picked one up in Canada last summer for $90, genuine with a player name. Absolute bargain. Most places were selling them for north of $200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mum got me a diesel coat before Christmas as part of my Christmas gift, then on the day itself I got a 50e all 4 one gift card, a cupcake carrier, snuggle socks, L'occitane hand cream, LOTS of chocolate which I'll probably be eating till Easter, toiletries, slippers and pj's, oh got a big mug and hot chocolate thing too - so I did nicely!

keano_afc wrote: »
    Dolce Gusto coffee machine
    Ralph Lauren aftershave set
    Slippers and socks
    Schneider Weiss gift set from the brother
    Fleece and hat

On the NHL jersey, I picked one up in Canada last summer for $90, genuine with a player name. Absolute bargain. Most places were selling them for north of $200.

that is a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Just got a Groupon voucher to have my thyroid checked! I feel like all my Christmases have come at once! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

From wife: book (we bought each other books, which we chose for ourselves).

From kids: pack of nuts and a coffee cup with pictures they'd painted on it (best present of the lot, but I guess it can't really be washed)

From family in Ireland: gloves, polo shirt (from Dunnes). As my mother said to me on the phone, "the price of the the postage is your present"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

its perfectly acceptable to view people who go online and brag about the big list of presents they got as spoiled

It's a thread about Christmas presents.

This Christmas has been a bit of a strange one for AH :the amount of whingey fcuking posts about Christmas has been off the scale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

its perfectly acceptable to view people who go online and brag about the big list of presents they got as spoiled. even without that saying someone is spoiled is hardly the worst thing either.

Maybe it's a generational thing, but I think it might be like wearing the sweater Grandma gave you, even if you hate it. Only, now, with technology, the thing is they take pictures of it and post it online.

I sent my nephew a gift, and after Christmas he had posted a bunch of pictures of him with his gifts and he tagged the people that gave them to him. So I got an alert or whatever and I see a picture of him holding my gift. Then I clicked around and realized he'd done it with all of his gifts. Still, kind of like a high-tech thank you note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's hardly bragging when the thread is specifically titled "Christmas Presents" is it? You're coming across as a bit of a grinch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

that is a bargain.

It's a Dusty Byfuglien Jets jersey. It's been funny listening to people try pronounce his name.

keano_afc wrote: »
    It's a Dusty Byfuglien Jets jersey. It's been funny listening to people try pronounce his name.

I like the jets jersey. More the home jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I got a set of kettlebells from the husband which was exactly what I wanted. A few books and some perfume from the mammy in law, the kids didn't buy me anything but cleaned the house yesterday which was the best gift of all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Good quality make-up/Creams
    Vouchers
    Myself & OH Joint present to each is a trip to Lisbon next year.

However...

I fell down some stairs, pulled ligaments and smacked my shin off some metal on the 23rd, also lost my phone en route to hospital. So Christmas a bit of a blur. My 3yr old had a fantastic time, so that is all that really matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

From my family and friends:

A new laptop
    A newbridge watch
    2 handbags
    Eyeliner set
    Nail set
    Home baked personalised cookies
    Touchscreen gloves
    A snood
    A handmade scarf
    A MAC gift set
    Sanctuary body butter
    A trivia game

I've been spoilt rotten, was blown away. I haven't even done pressies with the boyfriend yet, doing them today :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Some cash, bought a kindle with it.

Lovely vegan gift box thing from my friend, tonnes of things in it, is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

Anahiem ducks. Aka mighty ducks till Disney sold the rights. . Got ryan getzlaf on jersey not pressed on.

Why are you asking

Really, it's just curiosity. There's not a lot of hockey on AH, (see the posts above that mix up the NFL and NHL).

Really, it's just curiosity. There's not a lot of hockey on AH, (see the posts above that mix up the NFL and NHL).

It would mix up with both american sports. No lie I own the mighty ducks jersey that was in the movie. Like this one.
    http://www.icejerseys.com/images/products/33/Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Authentic-Reebok-White-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-N83_XL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

A beautiful new bridge silver heart and pearl chain.
    A €100 voucher for boots
    A 4 drawer makeup holder from herclutterbox
    Delighted with all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement