Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games to get?

Options
  • 26-12-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

I'm getting the PS 4 tomorrow and I'll be getting GTA V. I won't be buying many games, mainly just waiting on new versions of my favourites to come out. Elder Scrolls online, the new Fallout if it ever shows up Mad Max might be worth a look and possibly Uncharted 4.

If I see any good preowned games similar to those above I'd consider getting one or two.

The last of us looks really good, Metro Redux looks good too, it looks like it's just a shooter though and I'm not a fan of those, I might make an exception for it.

Any experience of those games above (I know some aren't out yet) or any recommendations of similar titles? All advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

As a new owner myself, I asked this question recently on the mega thread and got told the following:

Driveclub
    Infamous (second son and first light, even though first light is being given away on PSN+ next month)
    Metro Redux
    Tombraider
    COD advanced warfare was really good, return to form for the series.
    Resogun
    Valiant Hearts The great war
    Child of light
    Velocity 2X
    Alien Isolation
    Shadow of Mordor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

The last of us remastered, I honestly cannot recommend this enough. It's the reason I left all my mates behind on xbox and returned to playstation.

You will not regret this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I traded in LBP3 and got GTA V and The last of us remastered. I got 3 months subscription to PSN too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I'm sure you will have plenty of craic with both

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Wolfenstein The New Order is highly recommended too, got it yesterday but not got to play it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Far cry 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

The last of us remastered, I honestly cannot recommend this enough. It's the reason I left all my mates behind on xbox and returned to playstation.

You will not regret this game.

Bought a PS4 last week and got this game. Incredible. Just finished it today.

Next up is Tomb Raider, Alien: Isolation and GTA V.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I traded in LBP3 and got GTA V and The last of us remastered. I got 3 months subscription to PSN too.

In GameStop or CEX?

There's no CEX around here and there was no sign of life in Gamestop so I went to Xtra vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

What trade in did you get for Lbp?

• Advertisement

€35

I played The Last of Us a few times and was really impressed with the graphics and story but not the game itself, I was a bit bored and decided I'd trade the game in again.

I gave it one last chance today and I'm hooked, it's absolutely class. The whole atmosphere, right from the window at the start is. . . . . haunting I suppose, though that's probably the wrong word. Crafting and work benches are very good, I love that kind of thing. It can be a little repetitive but then all games are, I'd highly recommend it to anyone getting a PS4. I actually find myself just stopping at times to admire the view, it a looks that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clermont1098

I love the last of us. Brilliant work.

I just finished it an hour ago, class game. I started the mini game that's with it, dunno how long it is, hopefully it's as good. It'll be GTA V for a while now and then I'll need to start thinking of getting another game. Hopefully a few good ones come out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Wolfenstein is really good.
    Shadow of mordor is like a cross between the original Assassins creeds and a big mash up. Nothing like taking on 50 Orcs and destroying them all. Am loving that game...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I just finished it an hour ago, class game. I started the mini game that's with it, dunno how long it is, hopefully it's as good.

It's better than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Don't. Get a PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DaDerv wrote: »
    Don't Get a PC.

Fyp.

Oh and stay on topic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Duck Dynasty.

Finished the extra game now. The Last of Us is definitely in my top 5 games on any console ever. Great graphics, story and acting. I'll leave it 6 months and play it again.

Is the Game of Thrones game any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Finished the extra game now. The Last of Us is definitely in my top 5 games on any console ever. Great graphics, story and acting. I'll leave it 6 months and play it again.

Is the Game of Thrones game any good?

Only one episode out. Typical Telltale Games game. If you like GOT and you've played The Walking Dead and liked it you'll like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Last of Us, Shadow of Mordor and Far Cry 4 have probably been my favourite games so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The last of us is the best game I have played on any console the storyline is great its like and interactive movie with loads of twists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

The last of us remastered is a brilliant game.

diablo 3 ultimate evil edition is absolutely brilliant also and a must have on any console.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

shadow of mordor or dragon age inquisition? can only afford one, which do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

shadow of mordor or dragon age inquisition? can only afford one, which do ye reckon?
    I got 80+ hours out of my first (and only so far) play through of Dragon Age. It's ginormous. But, it's very political at times which puts some people off, and there's a lot more linking to the earlier games than I expected. There was a lot that I got and understood because I knew the other two games. It's an odd sort of a cross between the first and second games, not as deep as the first in terms of combat though. But I loved it to bits.

But I also loved Shadow of Mordor. That's much more immediately fun I think. But the story was completely and utterly forgetful, and honestly I don't think there's any replay value. Since clearing it I've had zero urge to go back to it. The main draw is the Nemesis system and when you've had enough of that you start seeing how lacklustre the rest of it is. I agree with a lot of online comments to the effect that it took the best things about Assassin's Creed and Batman and merged them. No fluff. It's excellent in that respect, but it's all scaffolding and no decoration, if you get me.

Depends on you, really. Do you like RPGs? Do you have much free time? Do you want something that could last you months, or a weekend or two? For what it's worth, I don't regret getting either of those games.

Advertisement