Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 Toshiba Laptop "Limited Connectivity"

Options
  • 26-12-2014 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I restored my laptop to factory settings to give to my brother as I was getting a new one. He set it up this morning and connected just fine. Ever since then it hasn't connected. It connects with limited connectivity.
    I have tried everything I have seen online, updating drivers, using cmd setting powersave to maximum and I'm lost. It connected fine all year and this morning, and I'm stumped.

Is there anything I can do ?
    Would another restore be a good idea ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Are you with UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Are you with UPC?

No magnet, but it's when I connect to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Try it via cable and start trouble shooting from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

There are pages and pages of discussion and advice on this issue. Even YouTube videos. I am experiencing very slow Internet with 8.1 and have implemented many solutions to minimal effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

We got it Working. It happened on every device this morning.
    We had to call magnet who reset out Internet or something we had to do something to a mains box in our house. And it just worked.
    Happy days

• Advertisement
Advertisement