Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best and worst presents Christmas 2014

• 26-12-2014 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

what were the best and worst presents you received this Christmas.
    I recieved PS4(best) onesie(worst I'm a male BTW)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

was it a blue onesie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Best was a jumper. Worst was a jumper.

Just realised I only got a jumper. Ah well, its a sweet jumper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Best was a suitcase with pink rabbits on it from my friend.
    Worst was a bottle of Chilean Merlot from the BIL. I fooking hate Chilean Merlot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Best was a phone, there were no bad ones :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

No one has ever bought me a onesie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

A paint by numbers with two colors! Just red and yellow.
    I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

I kid you not.

Painting in ternary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'm still trying to work out if a make up mirror with lights is very useful or not useful at all.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Best was a suitcase with pink rabbits on it from my friend.
    Worst was a bottle of Chilean Merlot from the BIL. I fooking hate Chilean Merlot.
    Make a bolognaise with it. Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Was Given a Dildo once,,,, I'm a Bloke, maybe it was a hint

21/25

• Advertisement

I kid you not.

It'd be awesome if the numbers were something unexpected, like No 3 and No 3578756763, although I'm not sure why. It just would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

what were the best and worst presents you received this Christmas.
    I recieved PS4(best) onesie(worst I'm a male BTW)

I got nothing, I would have killed for a onesie.

Don't be so ungrateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PhilBill

(best)My J1 to New York or Myrtle Beach paid for...(worst) The ninja socks my mam got me that had grip on the bottom of them :( I was so sad I couldn't do some Elvis slides throughout my hallway... And even though my mam had given me so much she felt sorry when I told her about how I couldn't Elvis Presley through the sitting room!! Love that women!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

At least I didn't get Stenhiser earphones

efb wrote: »
    At least I didn't get Stenhiser earphones

Sennheiser's are in no way bad headphones! probably some of the best headphones you can get if you pay the money they are worth!

A cheap plastic Christmas decoration. Who buys decorations as a present?

At what point did they think "oh look! Torment would love this".

It actually annoyed me somewhat considering the thought Id put into theirs and hoping that they'd like it while opening it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

PhilBill wrote: »
    Sennheiser's are in no way bad headphones! probably some of the best headphones you can get if you pay the money they are worth!

There's a thread on here about some one getting them and whining as he will never use them.....ungrateful barsteward

There's a thread on here about some one getting them and whining as he will never use them.....ungrateful barsteward

Ungrateful Prick! I just broke my 2 Euro EuroCity headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

I kid you not.

And what was the worst present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I know I was referencing the ungrateful b thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

My Mrs loves clothes
    So she bought me clothes
    I hate getting clothes as presents
    Next year I'm going to buy her Sennheiser headphones
    That'll teach her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

I got a phone which was badly needed. didn't get any worst presents. perfume, stuff for my camera, books, makeup , restaurant vouchers, money. And actually treated myself to sienheiser headphones, awaiting their arrival currently. laughing at the other thread on them, lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Best present-my Louis Vuitton handbag from my husband! Worst-the one that didn't arrive in the post from my sister in the UK. Ah well, still have something to look forward to i suppose :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Best was a Garmin forerrunner 10 and a Dune purse.
    Maybe not the worst present as such but I'm not a fan of cream/bath sets so I'll recycle that at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I recieved a stupid apple computer even though there's like 4 computers in the house already.. computer has been returned lol

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I didn't get any bad presents this year. Usually I'd never consider a present 'bad', just maybe not something I'd necessarily want. However one year I got a really bad one and it stands out in its crapness. It was from a friend of mine, and she bought a pair of the ugliest old-lady-looking slippers ever. The ugliness wouldn't have bothered me as much, but it was the fact that she bought them in a size 4. I'm a size 7 and she knew that because she borrowed shoes from me before and we're the same size. :(

Toots wrote: »
    I didn't get any bad presents this year. Usually I'd never consider a present 'bad', just maybe not something I'd necessarily want. However one year I got a really bad one and it stands out in its crapness. It was from a friend of mine, and she bought a pair of the ugliest old-lady-looking slippers ever. The ugliness wouldn't have bothered me as much, but it was the fact that she bought them in a size 4. I'm a size 7 and she knew that because she borrowed shoes from me before and we're the same size. :(

I'd take the fact that she bought them in a size four as a compliment. A size 7 women, Sheeeeeshhhh D:

Joking of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Best was fifty quid fromy aunt. Worst was not even getting so much as a card from 90% of the rest of my immediTe family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The worst, Tickets to foo fighters in slane from the OH. I don't like the foo fighters.

Best present was the smile on my son's face Christmas day playing with his toys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

Last year got tickets to War of the Worlds....

Brilliant! But almost a whole year to wait.... Not on until November. That just sucks.

Then the show was canceled a couple weeks before show date - cash went back to buyer - so I ended up with nothing at all after waiting 10 months :(

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Ungrateful Prick! I just broke my 2 Euro EuroCity headphones.
    I'm pretty convinced those ones are broken when you buy them but it just takes a bit for it to become noticeable, never had a pair that lasted more than a few days. It's as if the circuitry is held together with blue tack or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I did post this in another thread but my father in law is visiting and we wery at my parents for Christmas. My husband told my father in law he should but my parents a nice xmas present for having him over (they have been very generous and bought him a very nice present). He told him to buy something for the house like a nice candle and some chocolates.

He bought my parents a fake my little pony toy from the €2 shop. It is pink and glittery with a horn and wings and sparkly pink hair. He handed it to my Dad to open and once he had we all thought he had given my dad the wrong present until he confirmed he hadn't. It was so, so awkward until my Dad (not usually known for his social smoothness) covered up well for it. We have no idea what was going through his head.

I got an even cheaper black version with a little saddle. Nobody in my family has ever been near a horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Woshy wrote: »
    I did post this in another thread but my father in law is visiting and we wery at my parents for Christmas. My husband told my father in law he should but my parents a nice xmas present for having him over (they have been very generous and bought him a very nice present). He told him to buy something for the house like a nice candle and some chocolates.

He bought my parents a fake my little pony toy from the €2 shop. It is pink and glittery with a horn and wings and sparkly pink hair. He handed it to my Dad to open and once he had we all thought he had given my dad the wrong present until he confirmed he hadn't. It was so, so awkward until my Dad (not usually known for his social smoothness) covered up well for it. We have no idea what was going through his head.

I got an even cheaper black version with a little saddle. Nobody in my family has ever been near a horse.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

That has just made me laugh and laugh so much. It's just so bizarre.

I would have loved to see your Dad's face when he opened the present.

The mileage you are all going to get from the my little pony stories - this will be one that can be trotted out (pardon the pun) time and time again till the end of time far outweighs any smelly candle, chocolates etc. which will be long forgotten.

Definitely a gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

That's true! My husband is too embarrassed to bring it up with my parents but later on that night the two of us were talking about it and I got a serious fit of the giggles thinking about it. I was in knots laughing about it - so that's a gift in itself!

I could make excuses that he is old and senile but the man is in his fifties :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I got a self stirring mug and a drinking horn, oooohhhh yyyyeeeaaahhhh!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I didn't get any bad ones this year but my worst one ever was from a boyfriend I had many years ago. He got me a horrible statue of a teddy bear who was wearing a nun's habit and lifting the habit up to show really slvtty underwear underneath. He said the statue reminded him of me! :confused:
    I absolutely hated that ugly thing and I was quite enraged that he thought I had any similarity to it, but I just accepted it and didn't complain although he could see I didn't like it. I had to keep it on display in my room until we finally broke up and the first thing I did was take the statue up to the attic and throw it out of the window onto the pavement below and watch it shatter into a million pieces, exactly what I'd wanted to do right from the start. The even more annoying thing was that we'd had an agreement to get CDs for each other for Christmas and had each written a list of the CDs we would like. I got him his CDs but he got me the godawful statue instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Best was a Frozen calendar my mother got me, because I got such a laugh out of it

Worst was the hairbrush Dad got me to show his disapproval of my long hair

boobar wrote: »
    My Mrs loves clothes
    So she bought me clothes
    I hate getting clothes as presents
    Next year I'm going to buy her Sennheiser headphones
    That'll teach her

Maybe she's trying to drop you a hint. Maybe she doesn't like your clothes. Or maybe they were full of holes and you didn't care?

This is honestly the funniest thing I have ever heard. I wish somebody had given my family these gifts for the lifelong hilarity that would ensue. Years from now, in your darkest hour when all seems bleak and hopeless, you will suddenly remember these gifts and the laughter the memory will cause will wash all your troubles away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement