Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoe choice

• 26-12-2014 3:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭

Got a bit of a shoe dilemma! Can't pick between 3 so looking for some advice and/or recommendations.

I'd post links but my post count is too low. All shoes can be found on CRC

Gaerne Air Carbon 2013 @ €125.49

Diadora Vortex Racer @ €123.49

Shimano R107 @ €98.75

All in black!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Gaerne for me... carbon sole, stiffer, lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Not much in the difference in the prices and I'm assuming they all have carbon soles so it comes down to looks and which you prefer the look of. A shoe could be the greatest cycling show ever made but if it looks butt ugly then i wouldn't buy or wear it...ie any of the shoes with wire closure systems will never have the pleasure of covering my feet as they're so hideously ugly especially the offerings from Sidi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭KaseLieberKase

Ended up going with Gaerne pair in the end. Will post back when the postman drops them off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭KaseLieberKase

Still can't post links but if you change "DOT" with "." you can view the shoes.

imgurDOTcom/uTSmNUI

Received them today and the fit is perfect. I normally am a size 10 (UK) so ordered 45 (EU).

Took them for a spin and discovered I've a small bit of muscle memory to form. I'm used to the dual-sided SPD style pedals where I jam my foot in without looking. Luckily my bike handling skills were up to scratch so a few wobbles never turned into a few falls when my unclipped foot slipped off the pedal.

The upgrade from SPD to SPD-SL is worthwhile for those considering it but you do end up walking like some baby gazelle/penguin hybrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Nice dancing shoes :D

shoes_zps6d5cf8c6.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement