Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnley V Liverpool Match Thread 26/12/14 at 3PM

• 26-12-2014 5:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭

9517__2514__burnley_prem_away_1000x600_517X310.jpg

With the Turkey out of the way, its now back to business:)

Burnley host Liverpool at Turf Moor.

Burnley have themselves been impressive in recent weeks and remain in the relegation zone only on goal difference. After good performances against Spurs and Southampton in the last couple of weeks, they will be confident of a victory against Liverpool.

Sam Vokes could play his first game since March but Matt Taylor, Stephen Ward and Michael Duff will miss out.

Liverpool will be hoping to build on the late point they won at Anfield against Arsenal when they had 10 men.

The Reds are now 10th in the Premier League - nine points behind West Ham who sit in the fourth Champions League spot - if they are to qualify for next year's competition they must begin to put together a winning run now.

Possible Liverpool XI
    Jones
    --Skrtel---Kolo---Sakho
    Gerrard--Lucas
    Henderson
    Lazor
    --Lalanna
    Couthinio
    Sterling

Comments

Boxing day upset... Liverpool to grab a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Bringing back some bad memories of the 1914 FA Cup final, i watched it on my iPhone from the trenches.

Ill go with a 3 -1 win for Liverpool as their improvement continues to take hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Tough place to go and having watched a fair bit of burnley lately they have been playing well. Narrow 2 1 win ill go for. I watched ings against Spurs last week and I think he will cause our back 3 trouble and is a player I think we could end up signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

BMJD wrote: »
    Bringing back some bad memories of the 1914 FA Cup final, i watched it on my iPhone from the trenches.

Ill go with a 3 -1 win for Liverpool as their improvement continues to take hold.

Or djimi traores uncontrollable feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Gona go for a narrow nail bitting 2-1 scrapy victory with goals from sterling and....why not curse shako too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bad results against poor teams in recent weeks, don't see that changing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'd say Liverpool will fight for a 2-1, we never do things easily....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I expect goals but also a lot of huffing and puffing from us as everyone tried to digest the big dinners yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I can see both sides fighting each other to stand still in the mud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I expect us to lose but then again I expect us to lose every game these days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There will be goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Does anyone know where this game can be viewed today? I see its not on sky sports

jurahnimoh wrote: »
    Does anyone know where this game can be viewed today? I see its not on sky sports

Online is your only option I think. The Man Utd V Newcastle game is on BT at 3.

Word dribbling out that Liverpool team is same as last time out, Sheyi Ojo makes the bench, be great if he got a cameo but unlikely.

Word dribbling out that Liverpool team is same as last time out, Sheyi Ojo makes the bench, be great if he got a cameo but unlikely.

Yep.
    Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 10s10 seconds ago Confirmed #LFC starting line-up v Burnley: Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Lucas, Gerrard, Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling

Liverpool subs: Mignolet, Lambert, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Balotelli, Ojo

I nearly like the bench more than the starting 11 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So, three central defenders and none on the bench?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

While there are players I'd like to see in (Can) that team's been doing well enough recently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I wonder of Ojos girlfriend will be there... What?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Can on the bench is one is needed

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can on the bench is one is needed

Lucas or Gerrard would drop back if needed I'd say either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Has he not made his point with Jones yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

They can revert to 2 CBs if needed also.

niallo27 wrote: »

It's idiotic.

niallo27 wrote: »

I'm starting to think Mig could be gone in January. Jones is clearly limited but still is number 1.

With any luck both will be gone next Thursday

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think Mig could be gone in January. Jones is clearly limited but still is number 1.

I'll be amazed if Mignolet plays again for Liverpool, barring injury for Jones or perhaps bizarrely in the FA Cup 3rd round.

The treatment of him and the statements on Balotelli recently are just baffling from Ridgers I have to say. It really does stink of making a point without regard to consequences.

January-Jones-sexy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

5starpool wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if Mignolet plays again for Liverpool, barring injury for Jones or perhaps bizarrely in the FA Cup 3rd round.

The treatment of him and the statements on Balotelli recently are just baffling from Ridgers I have to say. It really does stink of making a point without regard to consequences.

He is turning fans against him though. Players probably too. If he wanted to drop mig then fair enough do it but when the fella you replace him with is even more ****e get him out of there.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »

I agree with him about Ballotelli, he doesn't fit the system and never will. Id also agree with dropping Mig if we had a better keeper. However we don't.

To publicly say this stuff looks like politics with the owners. It's not the first time he's mentioned such re Ballotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If anyone finds a reliable way to watch this game, please let me know :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Expecting a comfortable victory today. Burnley wont be targeting this one. 0-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tusky wrote: »
    If anyone finds a reliable way to watch this game, please let me know :cool:

Me too please

VIP

League

• Advertisement

I agree with him about Ballotelli, he doesn't fit the system and never will. Id also agree with dropping Mig if we had a better keeper. However we don't.

To publicly say this stuff looks like politics with the owners. It's not the first time he's mentioned such re Ballotelli.

I know you do, and while I'm not trying to claim Balotelli is a success or anything close, he is being very unfairly scapegoated by lots of people, including Rodgers I think.

Far too slow to catch up with Sterling

Decent start so far

Lucky there...Jones didn't even attempt to dive

Skrtel again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mignolet warming up, waste of a sub, no Can today so.

Jones going off

****ing hell! Mignolet off the bench,.

What the hell is this???

Jones off thank fook.

How Skrtel is still playing is beyond me, clueless

Liverpools keepers are a thoroughgoing disgrace.

Skrtel and Hendo are very weak on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Its mig time biatchs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Rodgers has lost the plot completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Missed the start of the match, what is going on with Jones ? Why was he subbed off so early ? Why waste a substitution so early ? Jones himself looks far from impressed on the bench

Mignolet to get sent off to complete the comedy act later. Bad timing for a keeper injury though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement