Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gaeltacht course for Junior cert

Options
  • 26-12-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, my daughter is in 2nd year and is looking to go to a gaeltact. She has went to colaiste laighean for the past two years, but it was not very strict, and so she did not learn as much as she thought she might. We are too late now to get into spleodar, so any other suggestions with availabilities? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Coláiste na bhFiann is supposed to be very good with a strict policy of no English, as far as I know it is still possible to apply for the summer of 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Colaiste Camuis give my junior certer a great boost last year, very strict but effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Colaiste Uisce is soo good! Such a fun time and learnt a lot. Its up in Mayo and its 2 weeks with water activities! I also went to Ballybunion and Glanmire they were all very good too be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 miriamoc

Does anyone have recommendations for gaeltact's in Munster for a 15 year old and a 17 year old ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Doily

Rochester wrote: »
    Colaiste Camuis give my junior certer a great boost last year, very strict but effective.

Do you know is there any space left for camus? And is there a course for 2nd years? Thanks 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Doily

Also has anyone ever been to colaiste na noilean on Inis Óirr? Is it strict? The age range is from 10-18, so I was wondering then would a 6th year be mixed in with a person in 5th class? Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

I went colaiste cholumba in Galway for first and second year , wasn't as strict as I'd expected , my sister went lurgan and cholumba and said she had more fun in cholumba , you learn a lot of irish too as there's a lot of really strict teachers , my friends and I didn't book until February in second year , so im sure they have plenty of places .

Advertisement