Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Doge

ppJrTI5.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might hit the markets in the morning, see if there's any goodies left in Balbriggan now that Retr0 is up in Sligo.

Went to see Jupiter Ascending last night.
    Wished I didn't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Might hit the markets in the morning, see if there's any goodies left in Balbriggan now that Retr0 is up in Sligo.

Is there ever anything at the balbriggan market or a big turn out? I've considered making the trip a couple of times but never have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've had great days there but, more often than not, found feck all.
    And there isn't another market about so you can't nip of somewhere to salvage the morning.
    Also, there seems to be mostly 360, Wii and PS3 games these days, :(

But I'll persevere and report back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I've had great days there but, more often than not, found feck all.
    And there isn't another market about so you can't nip of somewhere to salvage the morning.
    Also, there seems to be mostly 360, Wii and PS3 games these days, :(

But I'll persevere and report back

I've been there twice this year so far and came home empty handed on both occasions. That said, these markets are like rolling a dice...

Damn, avoided the market in the end.
    Just thought of the Ninty purchases this Friday and decided against a trip to look at damp laser burned 360 games.
    Sure, the boxed copy of Gleylancer will be still there next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I can't wait to see it. Looks like the Super Mario Brothers film!

DinoRex wrote: »
    I can't wait to see it. Looks like the Super Mario Brothers film!

Not a bad approximation actually.
    You watch it, a gasp at the money spent on sfx shots and wondering why some of it was not spent on a script, some editing and some better directors.

They had me at Dino-soldier:

PSSewEGl.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems Eurogamer have gotten rid of review scores. While some might think it's a good thing I can no longer scroll to the bottom to see if a game is worth my time and instead am hit with a wall of in work;tl;dr.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seems Eurogamer have gotten rid of review scores. While some might think it's a good thing I can no longer scroll to the bottom to see if a game is worth my time and instead am hit with a wall of in work;tl;dr.

So, new Gunstar review will require reading?

It's a good start... now if videogame critics can get over obsession with other numbers like frame rates, resolutions, and poly counts we'll be getting somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone Played Evoland on iOS or Steam yet?
    Great idea, but not a great game unfortunately. Still, I liked the idea enough to pay full price on iPad and it's actually not so bad to play through (super short though).

evoland_trailer_t_3346.jpg

I just started playing Monument Valley, seems lovely.
    What else should I be playing on mobile? I'm on android btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Star Wars: KOTOR was recently release on Android, plays well.

The Banner Saga, another decent game..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone Played Evoland on iOS or Steam yet?

Tis absoloute pish alright. I've had an idea to do a game with that very same gimmick for ages. However what I lack and this game doesn't is the resolve to get anything finished :)

Only days until the new Ninty goodness pops through the letter box!
    Am I wrong to be expecting earth shattering changes in life as we know it?
    Don't they know in Nintendo anything less will mean heartbreak and tears?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Only days until the new Ninty goodness pops through the letter box!
    Am I wrong to be expecting earth shattering changes in life as we know it?
    Don't they know in Nintendo anything less will mean heartbreak and tears?

I think you are right, I can not WAIT to get my hands on me new new 3ds on Friday. I know it's just a faster system with a nerp, but it's making me want to play a lot more 3ds games this year with the better 3ds and faster processing powering!

Remember when the DSiXL was announced/launched and the 3DS leaked? I wonder.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I just started playing Monument Valley, seems lovely.
    What else should I be playing on mobile? I'm on android btw

Monument Valley DLC expansion is a must, even better than the main game.

Ridiculous Fishing lives up to its name and is wonderful.

Simogo's three latest games - Year Walk, Device 6 and The Sailor's Dream (not sure if the latter has reached Android yet) - are must plays, and far ahead of anything happening in most other titles in terms of storytelling.

• Advertisement

Played 'Framed' recently and it's pretty neat.

And everyone should have 'Battle for Westnoth', it's a Shining Force style strategy RPG with hundreds of scenarios to play.

Framed is a lot of fun. Hideo Kojima's game of 2014 apparently.

Rhythm of the Fighters is excellent as well. It's a SNK king of fighters themed rhythm game based off the classic Dreamcast game Cool Cool Toon. It's free to play with tonnes of content and loads of DLC if you like it, but tbh if you go with the f2p version you are unlikely to ever run out of content. I bought a few music packs because it didn't seem fair getting so much for nothing.

The latest podcast is now up.

Episode 21 - Stupid Sexy Video Games

fascination_03_1.png

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-retro-podcast-episode-21-stupid-sexy-video-games/

The only thing it indicated is how desperate Sony are to get something back out of the pig's ear they've made of the Spiderman franchise.
    Not seeing Fox jumping into bed with Marvel/Disney with the FF4 or XMen franchises.

A bigger deal for me at least is the good chance of seeing Simmons reprise JJ Jameson across the MCU!

Add much as I enjoy the MCU the Marvel movie I need to see is Deadpool, especially since the test teaser.

Another thing might be to see the webslinger in Agents of Shield.

One thing people seem to be forgetting is that the Civil War comics suuuuuuccccckkkkked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I wouldn't be a fan of superhero films by any stretch, but I watched two of the three Nolan Batman films over the weekend. The Dark Knight, & Rises.....I found them seriously good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,326 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a fan of superhero films by any stretch, but I watched two of the three Nolan Batman films over the weekend. The Dark Knight, & Rises.....I found them seriously good

It's the realism really. You're probably similar to myself, I can't stand most superhero stuff at all. Once the cliched 'magical powers' come into it just ruins it for me.

I'm going to take a lonely stand and mention I adored Watchmen and I'm sorry.
    I've a soft spot too for The Shadow and the comic book inspired Skycaptain and the World of Tomorrow.
    Sadly The Phantom lacked something, though Treat Williams was a great bad guy.
    Ray Stevensons The Punisher was great ultra violent stuff and who can forget the superior Dredd a couple of years ago.

Also, there is only one Batman and his name is Michael Keaton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Majoras mask 3ds has leaked early

As did skyward sword

Only 3 days early ass opposed to 2 weeks last time though

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Majoras mask 3ds has leaked early

As did skyward sword

Only 3 days early ass opposed to 2 weeks last time though

Arse!
    Who broke the street date, or is it everywhere?

Might nip into Smyths and get it!

• Advertisement

Arse!
    Who broke the street date, or is it everywhere?

Might nip into Smyths and get it!

Somewhere in europe as 2 people have got their hands on it and have done a lazytown on it

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Somewhere in europe as 2 people have got their hands on it and have done a lazytown on it

Ah, so your kind of peeps...
    The scoundrels!
    I'll just have to wait, like the rest of us honest folk!

I dont feel bad about this as i have my copy preordered as i did with skyward sword

May go in with my 3ds show it to them and say street date broken give me my game:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's the realism really. You're probably similar to myself, I can't stand most superhero stuff at all. Once the cliched 'magical powers' come into it just ruins it for me.
    I think I'm like that too.
    On the subject of Bat man.
    I liked Rises a lot, but it might have been because it was all Commissioner Gordon instead of Batman and Bane is hilarious. It really annoyed me at the end
    when Batman is like "5 mins til the bomb goes off, any ska Catwoman?" They had to be there talking for longer than the bomb had to go off.
    Ciderman wrote:
    Still my favourite Batman and Returns is one if my favourite movies, I think it's great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

You spelt Kevin Conroy wrong.

You spelt Kevin Conroy wrong.

No, they were fairly concurrent and I think Keaton has the lead.
    Conroy is an easy easy second though.
    Kilmer and Clooney should be burned at the stake for what they did to the character though.
    Here's hoping Ben doesn't fup it up!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ha! The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt. And Adam West didn’t need molded plastic to improve his physique. Pure. West. And why doesn’t Batman dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Brilliant, pure west !

Master of the Universe

One of the greatest moments in cinematic history.

Ha! The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt. And Adam West didn’t need molded plastic to improve his physique. Pure. West. And why doesn’t Batman dance anymore? Remember the Batusi?

So, the only true Catwoman is one of three women....
    Michelle Pfeiffer was pretty class, and the recent Anne Hathaway effort was a blast, quite similar to the Arkham iteration.

And Adam West looks like he has less molded plastic and more of a girdle to keep his gut in check.

tumblr_m8mmegEZ7c1rwl09fo1_500.gif
    But there's no Chacarron playing in the background of the video, it's just weird without it.

Master of the Universe

So, the only true Catwoman is one of three women....
    Michelle Pfeiffer was pretty class, and the recent Anne Hathaway effort was a blast, quite similar to the Arkham iteration.

And Adam West looks like he has less molded plastic and more of a girdle to keep his gut in check.

You're showing up your lack of Simpsons quote knowledge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I love how nonchalantly the crowd seems to act upon the presence of Batman. They all seem like, "oh hey, it's Batman, whatever". Sure seeing him do the Batusi is one thing, but what about having him surf with The Joker?

• Advertisement

West is best :)

Best model I ever got, loads of extra bits included in the box(including 3 faces/heads).

UFLRHlN.jpg
    ghEGWPY.jpg

Master of the Universe

It came with the shark repellent??? I must own one of these.

What an eclectic thread this is....

The Comedian would kick Batman's ass, all of them.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It came with the shark repellent??? I must own one of these.
    It came with a load of stuff.

What's in the Box?

Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Batman from the 1960s live action TV series
    One (1) Batman head with patented Interchangeable Face Technique with three (3) interchangeable lower face sections capturing Adam West's classic facial expressions
    Approximately 30 cm (12 inches) tall
    TrueType body with 30 points of articulation
    Thirteen (13) interchangeable gloved palms including:
    One (1) pair of fists
    One (1) pair of relaxed palms
    One (1) pair of dancing gesture palms
    One (1) pair of open palms
    One (1) pair of partially-clenched palms
    One (1) right palm for holding Batarang
    One (1) right palm for holding spray can
    One (1) left palm for holding Bat-radio
    Costume :

One (1) Batsuit
    One (1) dark purple cape
    One (1) yellow utility belt with metal Batman emblem
    One (1) pair of dark purple forearm gloves
    One (1) pair of dark purple boots
    Weapons:

One (1) Batarang
    One (1) shark repellent spray
    One (1) big bomb
    Accessories:

One (1) Bat-radio
    Figure stand with Batman nameplate and Batman logo

Penny Pincher and Crazy Quilt were the best villains ever.
    j0ZvrXd058h-0.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement