Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Penny Pincher and Crazy Quilt were the best villains ever.
    j0ZvrXd058h-0.gif
    I see you never met The Scoutmaster.

20467_2_full.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to thank Dinorex for the intro to Auralnauts as well, very funny stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any real batman fan knows that The Condiment King was the best!
    Condiment_King_(TV).jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh dear.
    He's not real, is he?

Yup. He's in both the comics, animated series, as shown above, and Lego Batman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,326 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Must have him around for my next BBQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I think Bane lost his villian with the most stupid voice trophy to Eddie Redmayne's performance in Jupiter Ascending.

DinoRex wrote: »
    I think Bane lost his villian with the most stupid voice trophy to Eddie Redmayne's performance in Jupiter Ascending.

*whisper whisper whisper SHOUTY SHOUTY whisper whisper whisper* repeat throughout every scene he's in.
    Utter sh1te
    Why bother with three siblings?
    They could have been rolled into one character.
    Such a lousy movie.
    Still better than Amazing Spiderman 2! (Actually no, no it's not)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    *whisper whisper whisper SHOUTY SHOUTY whisper whisper whisper* repeat throughout every scene he's in.
    Utter sh1te
    Such a lousy movie.
    Still better than Amazing Spiderman 2! (Actually no, no it's not)

• Advertisement

Utter sh1te
    Such a lousy movie.

I felt the same way. Especially the sister. All she did was deliver exposition, her and her Destiny hover bike riding bounty hunter didn't add anything to the plot.

You'd swear they were adapting some complicated sci-fi space opera book series and were trying to fit the whole thing in... but they wrote the thing from scratch... why the hell doesn't the story fit into a film?

And it's like they saw the Star Wars prequels and went 'Yeah... this is great! Let's make a movie about trade agreements and where everyone just talks exposition at each other. Everyone will love that.... What? Natalie Portman doesn't want to be in our movie anymore?"

Just read that article on eurogamer where they interview the kid who won the Curiosity Cube thing... dark bleak stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Majoras Mask 3ds is amazing in every way

Just Like OOT3ds they have changed the experience for the better.It feels so easy to play and the 3d visuals are fabulous

Cant wait to try the game on the New 3ds with the pad and the extra processing power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Majoras Mask 3ds is amazing in every way

Just Like OOT3ds they have changed the experience for the better.It feels so easy to play and the 3d visuals are fabulous

Cant wait to try the game on the New 3ds with the pad and the extra processing power

The 3ds has extra blast processing??!! Well that's that then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Have any of you guys (and girl) got tickets for Video Games Live in April? I can't remember how much they were last time but they strike me as expensive. I get that they want people to go for the festival as well but the one show is all I'm really interested in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Have any of you guys (and girl) got tickets for Video Games Live in April? I can't remember how much they were last time but they strike me as expensive.
    I'm okay with being part of "you guys" lol
    It's way too expensive for me, I think on Facebook there's other things on around that time http://chrisrooke.me/idigmusic/events/
    I dunno rather the ticket includes these or they're separate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I was thinking of it but I think the tickets were way too expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I'd like to see it (and probably would have won the guitar hero tourney beforehand, but that's beside the point, ha) but the tickets were way out of my price range. I could think of much better things I could spend that money on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I'd like to see it (and probably would have won the guitar hero tourney beforehand, but that's beside the point, ha) but the tickets were way out of my price range. I could think of much better things I could spend that money on.

Ive got 3 spare tickets as i am away that weekend. So will probably be selling them cheaper than face value. Will put them on the marketplace.

• Advertisement

Looks like they still haven't sold their 500 early bird tickets yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope the promoters realise they priced themselves out and not that there's no market for this thing in Ireland. I'd like if they came back but not with those stupid prices. Tommy Tallarico was saying in Retrogamer magazine just recently how he wanted the concerts to be affordable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Not surprising. Hopefully they'll lower their prices closer to the date.

You'd have to believe people like us on the forum here would be the core audience and we're all pretty much not pushed at those prices. They've definitely miscalculated.

My New 3DS is incoming!
    Hooway!
    Also, I should have a evil Retron 5 in the next week or two!
    Everything's coming up Milhouse!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Let me know well in advance of the regret setting in when you start selling stuff you 'don't need' because you have a retron 5.

• Advertisement

I guess that Retron will stop Doom from having a fit with a bunch of cables if we try to do a livestream at the next meet up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I guess that Retron will stop Doom from having a fit with a bunch of cables if we try to do a livestream at the next meet up.

That's a good idea, the Retron outputs via hdmi doesn't it?

I can also blame my cackhandedness on inaccurate emulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Ok one downside to Majoras Mask 3ds

The Water Temple is still VERY and i repeat VERY F*&KING annoying

Thought they would have sorted that out :mad:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can also blame my cackhandedness on inaccurate emulation.

And no one will believe you, once again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

My New 3DS is incoming!
    Hooway!
    Everything's coming up Milhouse!

You got a great deal for the Retron 5! Just beat me to it.

soclose.jpg

Good news for CiDeRmAn, who loves the 3d remakes!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Good news for CiDeRmAn, who loves the 3d remakes!

I'm so conflicted!

Actually, no conflict, I'm keeping my powder dry for the awesomeness of Outrun in 3D... that will cause me to most likely....

Lk9Jf1il.jpg

That's a film I might just go and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Quick question lads do any of you know the best place to pick up 1/2inch t moulding and router bit?

Quick question lads do any of you know the best place to pick up 1/2inch t moulding and router bit?

I got a slot cutter from here before.
    http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Standard_Range_63.html
    it wasnt cheap.
    things to note tho.
    If you are building a cab its probably in metric so get metric tmoulding or its a total pain in the swiss:o

Twitch Plays Pokemon is back on. 21 hours 40 minutes in and they've gotten as far as Pewter City with a dead Kakuna, a Poliwag and a level 27 Charmeleon.

Twitch Plays Pokemon is back on. 21 hours 40 minutes in and they've gotten as far as Pewter City with a dead Kakuna, a Poliwag and a level 27 Charmeleon.

I don't know what any of that means :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I am disgusted.

I am disgusted.

:(
    I'm so sorry.
    I'll hand in my mod cap and undepants and hope the next person to wear them is more worthy, and likes crap side scrolling beat'em ups by Sega as well :(

I got a slot cutter from here before.
    http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Standard_Range_63.html
    it wasnt cheap.
    things to note tho.i
    If you are building a cab its probably in metric so get metric tmoulding or its a total pain in the swiss:o

Thanks mate. Fairly expensive alright. I just found them on t moulding.com.20ft of 1/2 inch and the router bits for €40 delivered. Im led to believe 1/2inch moulding will fit 12mm mdf. Here's hoping anyway.

:-O

Sacrilege

Thanks mate. Fairly expensive alright. I just found them on t moulding.com.20ft of 1/2 inch and the router bits for €40 delivered. Im led to believe 1/2inch moulding will fit 12mm mdf. Here's hoping anyway.

I hope it fits!
    I got replica Nintendo tmoulding and I worked out it would be 18.8mm.
    Didn't think the . 8 would be a big deal but it looked and felt ****e so had to trim in back.
    Luckily it trimmed well.

:(
    I'm so sorry.
    I'll hand in my mod cap and undepants and hope the next person to wear them is more worthy, and likes crap side scrolling beat'em ups by Sega as well :(
    I'll take those, thank you very much. And I think I'll change the beat them ups into utter contempt for the Amazing Spiderman movies, as Streets of Rage is actually worth something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,326 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I hope it fits!
    I got replica Nintendo tmoulding and I worked out it would be 18.8mm.
    Didn't think the . 8 would be a big deal but it looked and felt ****e so had to trim in back.
    Luckily it trimmed well.

I've already cut out the sides in 12mm mdf. There not perfect and need a bit of sanding to match up. The half inch t moulding is .7 mm bigger. How hard is it to trim. Would it be easier to just redo the sides in 18mm mdf ?

I'd wait and see if your happy with it.
    Personally I wanted it to be perfect.
    Would be a bastard to trim with out the propper tools. I had a router with a 90 degree jig but it still took ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

10 retro bonus points to the GF today :)

AB49Fzo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement