Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Ive been waiting years for someone to declare that Waterworld is a good film! I really enjoy it, sure has its flaws but its still a solid watch.
    I watched it for the first time a few years back and...yeah, it wasn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Its no big trouble in little china by any stretch but still a good watch for a brain dead mid week night.

Plus that PAAAPER scene...gets me everytime. Its a running joke I have with a few mates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

So, bought an item on Ebay from China - was really really cheap.
    Week later got a message saying the product was return to them by their shipping company due to strict customs in my country and offered a refund ? Ok, so called bullcrap on this and told them as much and to send refund.
    So now another message saying if I agree not to leave -ve feedback then the refund will be processed - what a bunch of dicks. I think -ve feedback is a must now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So, bought an item on Ebay from China - was really really cheap.
    Week later got a message saying the product was return to them by their shipping company due to strict customs in my country and offered a refund ? Ok, so called bullcrap on this and told them as much and to send refund.
    So now another message saying if I agree not to leave -ve feedback then the refund will be processed - what a bunch of dicks. I think -ve feedback is a must now :)

Love the way some sellers feel they can dictate what feedback gets left for them. While Paypal has its flaws, the buyer protection makes dealing with these numpties so much less painful. I don't even bother disputing through ebay these days. Send me the product I paid for or it's a paypal dispute, simple as :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I would agree not to leave the negative feedback, wait for the refund, and then leave a neg.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    Love the way some sellers feel they can dictate what feedback gets left for them. While Paypal has its flaws, the buyer protection makes dealing with these numpties so much less painful. I don't even bother disputing through ebay these days. Send me the product I paid for or it's a paypal dispute, simple as :)

Ah here, another avatar change?! You must be getting paid commission or something. :pac:

Is that a Stargate reference or something else?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ah here, another avatar change?! You must be getting paid commission or something. :pac:

Is that a Stargate reference or something else?

What can I say :o Though in fairness, this is just going back to an older one I used to have :pac: Yep, Stargate

Seen this lad over on J+
    016a9d81167e308cc7036763647f869fcc937d8ed2.jpg

Hes probably wearing wellies,marigolds and has one hand in his pocket!
    Talk about overkill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What you don't see in that photo is him standing behind blast doors in a hazmat suit :pac:

Ah I guess we all want to keep safe..that's a bit much alright. How would you even manoeuvre the probe on the end of a stick? Probably end up distracting you in some other way.

At some point he's going to have to reach in there and pick up the anode cap anyway...

• Advertisement

Will probably trip over the stick and break his neck !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Either that or its the opposite and he is sitting in the bath, bored with life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I continued some of my Twitch Shenmue playthough tonight and who do I see subscribing to the channel?

10409146_10207415359524975_1944890988436300451_n.jpg?oh=be636858f9a98fac4937f6e1e7426f64&oe=5623FDF3

Yup... that happened.

Now you might say that it's a fake account but he's due to do his own Q&A stream tomorrow and apparently that's the account he's doing it from!

So erh yeah... he even came and said hi in the chat! (Granted it was in Japanese and I needed to use Google Translate)

So yeah... I nerded the **** out a little bit...

Good job, stream is going well even though i dont know whats going on in the game :) keep it up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Futureworld, unwanted sequel, a pale reheat of the original.
    Probably served as inspiration for Jurassic Park III!

Theres a westworld tv show upcoming as far as I know.

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    Good job, stream is going well even though i dont know whats going on in the game :) keep it up

Something something revenge something something sailors something something FORKLIFT RACES!

For anybody that cares, here's the moment it happened:

So...that new release of DMC4...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Advertisement

50 minute VOD there alright.

MrVestek wrote: »
    For anybody that cares, here's the moment it happened:

Tune in now to MisterVestek On Twitch for Shenmue3 streaming, raffles and prizes.
    He is asking for some boards.ie regulars if you have a few spare minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

22087_10102975583009759_7908765305327353477_n.jpg?oh=8c89611d0c2c0c9e9d158716d2d4e00b&oe=5617A418

Another big step forward in the US yesterday, I saw this and thought I'd share it given all the Sega love at the moment.

Good man arnie changed his colours today.

Good man arnie changed his colours today.

I like his response to the user below the picture too :)

I like his response to the user below the picture too :)

Well yeah that was the best part haha

Well yeah that was the best part haha

A somewhat apt meme is called for :o

Thats_the_joke.png

I see Retrogamer have start reissuing their 'bookazinnes', bit pricey at €16 each but still cheaper than Ebay prices for the original print run.

New Jon Tron Starcade episode up for all the Star Wars nerds:

353485.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope he recognises Shadows of the Empire as the absolute junk it is.

• Advertisement

The old Game Recording has been revamped, it's now The Video Dome & will allow all boards users who are content creators to have their own threads & post up their vids. It's only fledgling at the mo, but hopefully it'll become a nice place to visit with loads of content to watch & talk about - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

The old Game Recording has been revamped, it's now The Video Dome & will allow all boards users who are content creators to have their own threads & post up their vids. It's only fledgling at the mo, but hopefully it'll become a nice place to visit with loads of content to watch & talk about - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

Thats A very welcome change Myrddin, well done!

Looking forward to some interesting content. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Time to make my magnum opus about megadrive technical tricks and effects that will put everyone to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

68c6b038d2c3924e79c9666b25cadfef45484d531e81fcbcedb4ef6d7f981535.jpg

:)

Great job, another forum to follow.
    Maybe a twitch/streaming thread would be a good idea.

Great job, another forum to follow.
    Maybe a twitch/streaming thread would be a good idea.

Ahh no sure everyone that's on twitch is a wanker! :P

Periscope is where it's at!

Heres a list of where you can play a star wars battle pod in the UK.
    http://www.starwarsbattlepod.com/locations-uk

On another note.
    has anyone been to base bowling in Celbridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Great Leisure Suit Larry inspired music video:

• Advertisement

On another note.
    has anyone been to base bowling in Celbridge?

Not yet, just up the road from me.
    Its always packed.

EDIT
    Heres a list of where you can play a star wars battle pod in the UK.
    http://www.starwarsbattlepod.com/locations-uk
    One in Northern Ireland:

Kent Amusements
    79-81 Central Promenade
    Newcastle, Co.Down, N.Ireland BT33 0HH

They also have a Wizard of Oz pinball !

Road trip?

Road trip?

Damn was only in that town a month ago.

Damn was only in that town a month ago.

Oh yea?
    whats it like?
    anything there apart from the arcade?

Do they have any brown ale?

• Advertisement

Oh yea?
    whats it like?
    anything there apart from the arcade?

Well i was at the Irish Open golf tournament. Nice wee town, very scenic area, hard to tell how busy it would normally be.
    I could have made some time for Stars Wars. Dang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

/unrelated

So I was due to fly back from Toronto today but our connecting flight was cancelled. Got rebooked on a flight to New York but that was delayed so we had to rebook again for tomorrow. Our bags however are currently in New York so I'm still in Toronto getting drunk in smelly clothes. Oh yeah!

Burnout 3 gameplays look great in 60ps on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5UZxQZy6Sc

You can now watch youtube vids in 60fps on android and ios devices. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finished Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations last night. What an excellent way to end that trilogy. I loved how it brought together the all three games together in the end and the new prosecutor and the antagonist where excellent. It might even convert me to a coffee drinker.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement