Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Shovel knight is getting a physical release now too.

Part of me is still quite saddened that I haven't played it yet, and another part is now glad that I held off. Now for the all important question... Which version to get?!

Ive been waiting to play that. Delighted I held off now. Nothing beats popping in a game youve been wanting to play! Just cant get that with downloads

Has anyone played the new batman game aswell? Heard its the cats pyjamas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ive been waiting to play that. Delighted I held off now. Nothing beats popping in a game youve been wanting to play! Just cant get that with downloads

Has anyone played the new batman game aswell? Heard its the cats pyjamas

Are cats pyjamas good or bad?
    Heard the framerate is brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I've had fun with it so far. The DLC/initial update took me around 4 hours to download/install on Saturday, I played it for a couple of hours on Sunday and I've been on late shifts since!

The first few hours that I've played seem to be "let's see how many different ways we can use the batmobile", but I've liked what I've played so far. This is my first Arkham game though, so maybe I'm not the best judge, ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Arkham Knight is good. I played on PS4 and it looks great.

But like all the other Arkham games it runs out of steam at the end. In fact this doesn't even end properly at all... wants me to get all the Riddler trophies to complete the game which is something that was always optional in the past. There's like 243 of them and as a grown up with a job and other life commitments I will probably never have time to do all that even if I was interested in doing so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll do what I always do with the Batman games and wait until the PC version is a few euro in a sale. I enjoy them but don't think they are anywhere near as good as others think, although I think if you are a fan of the comics it probably adds to it.

Really Disappointed how poorly the PC port turned out and hope Rocksteady can turn it around. The previous Rocksteady developed Arkham games were real showcases for just how far ahead PC was compared to consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The only superhero game I want to play is the Deadpool game, I know it's supposed to be wholly derivative but it looks like a lot of fun.
    That and a decent Superman game would be nice as well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Arkham City lost me. Everything good about it was diluted in a game of open world excess. And Knight seems to have disappeared deeper down that hole. I'll play through it at some point, but definitely in no rush to do so. Such a shame because the first game actually seemed to have worthwhile, meaningful collectibles, that rarest of things - whereas City just had hundreds of trophies unconvincingly scattered around the map.

I'd love if they returned to the comparatively sharp focus of Asylum, and stepped away from the confluence of villains aspect (which worked OK in the first game given the setting, but think there's a lot of potential with a smaller cast).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I loved Asylum, didn't feel the need to show everything, smear it out over a massive map and fill the intervening spaces with side missions and collectibles.
    Within the Asylum itself you met signs of other incarcerated villians but the game knew who the antagonists were and didn't seek to overpopulate the game with them.
    I'm sure I'll pick up Arkham Knight eventually but I know it'll go unfinished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    90cuVTM.jpg
    Bedspread ain't bad either

Definitely feels like they were running out of ideas with Arkham Knight. There's some neat first person bits that work pretty well. But gameplay wise they keep shoe horning in puzzles that can only be solved using the Batmobile and it gets pretty tiresome pretty quickly.

Plotwise you'll probably want to avoid spoilers. There's a lot of scenes where you get the gameplay recording is paused message up in corner of the screen on the PS4, which is super immersion breaking by the way.

As soon as the Arkham Knight opens his mouth you should be able to guess who he is if you've read the comics. Really wish there was more Scarecrow than Arkham Knight in the game, as usual the Scarecrow is done really well but there's no cool nightmare stuff on the level of the first game which is a big disappointment.

• Advertisement

I'll wait for the NX version!

Anyone read that new Parcel Motel survey?

It's about loyalty card schemes has statements like 'When I use a loyalty card scheme I feel I am more distinguished than other customers.'

BARF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Why Barf?

You non-loyalty card peasants are no match for the loyalty card master race!

DinoRex wrote: »
    Anyone read that new Parcel Motel survey?

It's about loyalty card schemes has statements like 'When I use a loyalty card scheme I feel I am more distinguished than other customers.'

BARF!

Can I state that when pestered about loyalty schemes by staff I want to remove their tongues with a steak knife and take out their eyes with a melon baller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

expect another increase in prices to cover the cost of the scheme, like we got when they started facilitating free returns to Littlewoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So...Lord and Miller of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs/Lego Movie/Jump Street fame are set to direct the young Han Solo spin off...SIGN ME UP!

Also, this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1076909

"Because I participate in this loyalty programme I belong to a community of people who share the same values."

Get in the f*cking sea!

Got all the pins into the Arcade !
    out of shot is maverick and the Noraut project.
    Have to move DK tonight and get some stuff on the walls.

IMG-20150708-WA0002.jpeg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure these will work for everyone but this is the new videogame meme going around:

11250919_10153556505214673_7059126830553268612_n.jpg?oh=93fce6ea29c8e7f96dea4891d7a1561d&oe=5656A81F

11722399_10153057425131589_6011735834292118518_o.jpg

Notice Mr Sanders quote also fails to mention the abominations that were the LoZ on the CDi.
    Just saying'....

• Advertisement

Got all the pins into the Arcade !
    out of shot is maverick and the Noraut project.
    Have to move DK tonight and get some stuff on the walls.

Looks great, Tales from the Crypt for the win.

Did you get rid of The Getaway?

No I traded it for a couple of months.For Maverick.
    If i sold it I would have spent the money on bills,and that money is pinball money ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Notice Mr Sanders quote also fails to mention the abominations that were the LoZ on the CDi.
    Just saying'....
    Don't tell that to Retro, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just saying'....
    Don't tell that to Retro, though.

Careful lads, I hear slagging off the cdi now carries a three day ban.

It's not the CDi that's rubbish its the awful implementation in software that is so bad.

Ah, who am I kidding, the console is trash to the core!

Let him ban me if he likes!
    I can only speak the truth!

Now, excuse me, I have to fund this Nuon somehow....

Oh yeah. More Sam Raimi goodness.

Some streams on Donkey Kong world record attemps on Twin Galaxies twitch feed.

http://twitch.tv/twingalaxieslive

Steve Wiebe last night and currently Robbie Lakeman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Iwata San R.I.P

May you go Directly to Heaven

• Advertisement

Very sad news. I've a lot of respect for the chap. He lead Nintendo down some very bold paths with the DS and Wii and even in his HAL days he was well regarded as an exceptional programmer who was called in especially to save projects that were in trouble with his programming skills, one of which was Earthbound.

Iwata could have done a port of Arkham Knight to the PC that actually worked over a long weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

tumblr_n144t56bp01rrsa2po1_500.gif

Went back to Bloodbourne last night after taking a long break from it since the load times were so annoying. Really glad to see the huge improvement in them, it makes the game so much better. However in the meantime I was playing Dark Souls 2 on PC and it's really a shock going back to playing a Souls game at 30 fps and not even a constant 30 fps. The frame pacing issue as well is very noticable. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it's really annoying me now even for something stupid like turning the camera!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just back from seeing AntMan, great film, its up there with Avengers1 and Guardians for me. I know not everyone likes the Marvel films, but if you do you wont be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

have you seen Pixels yet?

• Advertisement

have you seen Pixels yet?
    I'm pretty certain that Adam Sandler is an immediate no no.

Havent seen pixals, the kids want to see it, im not bothered with it to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just back from seeing AntMan, great film, its up there with Avengers1 and Guardians for me. I know not everyone likes the Marvel films, but if you do you wont be disappointed.

Cool. Loved Avengers & Guardians too, much catch AntMan sometime. Saw the trailer for Deadpool yesterday, not sure what to make of it. Got me wondering if they'll ever do a sequel to The Green Lantern (hopefully not says Johnny Ultimate!). Or would that character ever make his way into an Avengers film instead?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cool. Loved Avengers & Guardians too, much catch AntMan sometime. Saw the trailer for Deadpool yesterday, not sure what to make of it. Got me wondering if they'll ever do a sequel to The Green Lantern (hopefully not says Johnny Ultimate!). Or would that character ever make his way into an Avengers film instead?

Green Lantern is DC I think so will never be in avengers, they announced a green lantern Corp. Film at Comic Con the weekend.

Amazon prime day fever kicked in and i just impulsively bought a PS4 500gb Refurbished console for €271 delivered from amazon Germany! :pac:

Comes with 1 year warranty, so pleased with that!

Wasnt expecting to blow 270 euros tonight lol!

• Advertisement

Im loving my PS4,got it for 200e off a lad in work .he was "upgrading" to the batman edition.
    Started farcry 4 last night.Seems class so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Doge wrote: »
    Amazon prime day fever kicked in and i just impulsively bought a PS4 500gb Refurbished console for €271 delivered from amazon Germany! :pac:

Comes with 1 year warranty, so pleased with that!

Wasnt expecting to blow 270 euros tonight lol!

That's an amazing price to be fair!

Im loving my PS4,got it for 200e off a lad in work .he was "upgrading" to the batman edition.

Noice proice! Far cry 4 and GTA V will be on offer today too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I was reluctant to pick one up. Didn't think I'd have the time for it. 2 weeks later I'm 72% of the way through Arkham Knight and trying to get all of the riddler trophies to finish the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Next gen attempt at Rollcage via kickstarter

Do gamestop not show the trade in value of games on their website like cex?

I could have sworn they did before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Doge wrote: »
    Do gamestop not show the trade in value of games on their website like cex?

I could have sworn they did before.

Not the trade in value but they have always shown their second hand prizes.

Ahhh, this game was a blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I actually enjoyed that sega rally. A little difficult but was a good bit of fun.

That did OK, and they rereleased it on PSN and XBL I think more recently.
    The Japan only Sega Rally 2005 that came out only for the PS2 is pretty good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement