Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That did OK, and they rereleased it on PSN and XBL I think more recently.
    The Japan only Sega Rally 2005 that came out only for the PS2 is pretty good.
    The version that was released on download was the one that was based on Sega Rally 3. It's not the same as the physical game. Plus, it's since been pulled from sale because of expired licences and all that.

And I'm not really sure if it did really do okay. Afterall, it came out the same week as Halo 3 did, and you know you can't win against a juggernaut like that.

Any body got a spare DS charger?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's some Warhammer games up on GoG today. Must look at them, Shadow of the Horned Rat is an absolute classic (PC version not the PS1 version) and the sequel was even better although not sure that is up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Not a fan of the Warhammer universe... but I picked up the Forbidden Stars board game recently. It's good fun!

XWcLPyw.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems it's only shadow of the horned rat up there but the sequel can't be far behind. Not a fan of the universe but those two games were great. Played like a micro RTS battle and units had perma death and a morale system so you had to look after them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playing a bit of Freedom Planet there, and it's probably the best Sonic game ever made - and I include classic Megadrive Sonic in that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How much do you think I should list a modded JTAG'd Xbox 360 with one controller with a 1 TB hdd half full of about 40 decent games, loads of Arcade stuff, emulators and thousands of roms etc? Selling on donedeal as Adverts always pull it but there are no bidding wars on DD so need to fix a price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thargor wrote: »
    How much do you think I should list a modded JTAG'd Xbox 360 with one controller with a 1 TB hdd half full of about 40 decent games, loads of Arcade stuff, emulators and thousands of roms etc? Selling on donedeal as Adverts always pull it but there are no bidding wars on DD so need to fix a price...

I'd imagine Adverts pull it because, if you describe it like you have here, it's clearly filled with pirated material. If you just list it as a Jtagged console, & sell it for what it is (you can't claim additional value based on the software on it, same with bartops/arcade cabs etc), you should move it easily enough on Adverts. In saying that, the value of these seems to have dropped with diminishing demand these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

last chance for Shenmue 3 kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Dammit, I caved in and got my first Amiibo :(
    That yarn yoshi was too nice not to get, grabbed the full set on eBay and Amazon.

epf430teapni6gicgb0i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

B9rDGRBIQAEFe6r.jpg

Shenmue III has now been funded. Now...where are the HD versions of I and II so I can get into it, Sega?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Boredom in work is bad for my wallet. I was sitting at my desk with nothing to do at about half 7 talking myself into backing the Shenmue 3 kickstarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

What happens when you combine Sega with pokemon developer Game Freak, and set out to make a new Sonic style game?

Tembo the Badass Elephant, thats what!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/18/8997591/tembo-the-badass-elephant-overview-video-sonic-good-ps4-playstation-4-xbox-one-pc

I have to say I'm loving the colourful art style, the physics of the destructsble items and the animation.

Going to pick this up on PS4 when its cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

saw this on FB :)

11752141_595511973924029_4400507204486038302_n.jpg?oh=b5bdd403e06887b651253230a24b8b35&oe=5657B8EC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Doge wrote: »
    What happens when you combine Sega with pokemon developer Game Freak, and set out to make a new Sonic style game?

Tembo the Badass Elephant, thats what!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/18/8997591/tembo-the-badass-elephant-overview-video-sonic-good-ps4-playstation-4-xbox-one-pc

I have to say I'm loving the colourful art style, the physics of the destructsble items and the animation.

Going to pick this up on PS4 when its cheap.

Looks fun alright. 18 levels (according to Steam) in the game doesn't sound that many for a platformer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm in the most hipster bar. I had a cocktail with flambeed chillies.

F0377782-83FE-4455-97C4-97002C1890E1_zpsfkjkke7u.jpg

Also drunk as ****kkkkkkkkkkk
    #hashtagloveheart.

• Advertisement

A few years from now I can see you startung your own indiegogo campaign for a liver transplant!

A few years from now I can see you startung your own indiegogo campaign for a liver transplant!

If you
    Give me a dollar I'll give you a had crafted personal painting.

Toronto as f**k. So I might be moving to Canada next year....

5C7BD5B4-FFA6-4728-81C5-A55A8641D21C_zpsgkzin74r.jpg

Toronto as f**k. So I might be moving to Canada next year....

5C7BD5B4-FFA6-4728-81C5-A55A8641D21C_zpsgkzin74r.jpg
    SWICK! Can I tag along?

SWICK! Can I tag along?

Yeah bro we gon get white gurl wasted!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Watching this Evo thing, that Rolento v Balrog match was great. :)

Capcom just revealed a new Street Fighter character. It's OUR BOY, Finn Balor Necalli.

Who do you think would deliver faster?

Littlewoods? or
    Amazon.co.uk with Parel Motel?

Need to order a TP-link powerline adapter for the PS4 as the download speed is pretty poor in the gamesroom.

Littlewoods? or

Need to order a TP-link powerline adapter for the PS4 as the download speed is pretty poor in the gamesroom.

I ordered something from Amazon UK on Thursday afternoon, it arrived today (regular normal post).

Littlewoods? or

I ordered something last night from Amazon and it hit the pmotel Dublin depot about 30 mins ago(so not actually in my motel yet)I had it shipped to the UK address.

That's free prime delivery, which is usually quick.

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I ordered something last night from Amazon and it hit the pmotel Dublin depot about 30 mins ago(so not actually in my motel yet)I had it shipped to the UK address.

That's free prime delivery, which is usually quick.

Thanks Steve!

I actually forgot I have the prime free trial so definitely going to go with amazon!

Under my delivery adrress in Littlewoods checkout it says Tuesday 28th of July for some reason, and they claim 4 day delivery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not that big into SEGA stuff, but just trying to figure out something. Are the Mega Drive AC adaptors compatible with the Master System? Also do the models make a difference i.e. Mega Drive 1, Master System 2 etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Bought a Snes today but can't get the picture on a Samsung LCD tv. I am using the yellow,red and white cable into the scart but still no picture. Works perfect on an old tv.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I remember seeing a few TP Link products on Argos. Might be worth pricing them if you need them in a hurry

Toronto as f**k. So I might be moving to Canada next year...
    I'll miss you if you go :c it's not often I don't have to look up when I talk

Bought a Snes today but can't get the picture on a Samsung LCD tv. I am using the yellow,red and white cable into the scart but still no picture. Works perfect on an old tv.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Get a proper scart cable. Much better picture quality. However your problem seems to be a lot worse than that. Make sure you are selecting the right av channel. Try it on another tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Littlewoods? or

Everything TP-Link device I've bought recently has had faults.
    Bought a print server last week and had to return as was dropping off the network after a couple hours and had to be reset, also bought an ADSL router which would randomly reset to factory defaults
    I'd spend a little more on even a dlink one
    http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE1251506
    http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=JCENG-XAVB5221-100UKS

Everything TP-Link device I've bought recently has had faults.
    Bought a print server last week and had to return as was dropping off the network after a couple hours and had to be reset, also bought an ADSL router which would randomly reset to factory defaults
    I'd spend a little more on even a dlink one
    http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE1251506
    http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=JCENG-XAVB5221-100UKS

The powerline range are fairly simple devices so should be far less that can go wrong with them compared to routers or print servers.

They've got great reviews and are the best selling product in their category on amazon so I have faith in them.
    Ordered it earlier any so no turning back now! :P
    The one I bought also has the all important pass-through mains socket which I need and Argos don't stock.
    Thanks for the heads up though!

A question for my 60Hz overlord!

Do PAL Wii games run at 50 or 60Hz on a PAL Wii, or is it game dependent?

I'm asking solely about Wii games and not VC or Gamecube games.

I've downloaded RegionFrii for patching the NTSC games, but not sure if that will guarantee 60hz provided they're compatible.

• Advertisement

It depends on the game. Most games are 60Hz but there's a few crappy ones that run in 50Hz with bordering. Madworld is one that is ruined by the PAL conversion.

In case you don't know there's a new episode of the arcade and retro podcast.

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-episode-22-the-mother-series/

tumblr_npdpmxjyvf1r0dzoao2_1280.jpg

Gavin, Sera and Stephen discuss the Mother series of games, known as Earthbound outside of Japan.

We also talk about Satoru Iwata, who died tragically recently, and how instrumental he was in the development of Mother 2 and the important roll he played in Nintendo and gaming in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

just a heads-up that SGDQ starts on Sunday evening

here's the schedule

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

The sickness is setting in, I ordered the trio of Yoshi Amiibos last week and the first two arrived yesterday(green and pink). I like how they look in their little sealed boxes. So, the madness in me decided to order another green Yoshi and just open the green one that arrived.

That’s 4 Yoshi’s I’ll have!! Luckily I don’t find the standard ones that interesting, so unless they come out with another unusual one I’m pretty much done with my Amiibo collection :)

He is cute though, might even get the game that this is supposed to be used with :)

hjItYlE.jpg

• Advertisement

Very nicely done

Steve X2 wrote: »
    That’s 4 Yoshi’s I’ll have!! Luckily I don’t find the standard ones that interesting, so unless they come out with another unusual one I’m pretty much done with my Amiibo collection :)

Here Comes a New Challenger!

CKg4hu5WIAA6Alx.png-large.0.0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

why would someone want to do that when it probably has more shovelware than any other console?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement