Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

spot the difference

kallax-vs-expedit.jpg

Thinner outsides, same internal space.

5AlG6NF.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I just go the money sorted for my attic conversation, delighted. only took me a year to get here haha. cant wait to have it done now and get all my stuff unboxed. going to grab a 3D projecter too and put surround sound in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Sounds great dude. Can't wait for the WIP thread. Plenty of photos please.

What sort of sound system are you thinking of getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Was it th last bandit who was saying recently that its a shame a dtv spectrum was never released?

Well now your prayers have been answered:

http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/zx-spectrum-vega-console?utm_source=Press&utm_campaign=d82f314a66-ZX_Spectrum_VEGA_date_and_games_list8_13_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b2ae0f0520-d82f314a66-54023061

Dat price tho!

IMAG0953_zps11tnpbrd.jpg

What sort of sound system are you thinking of getting?

No idea to be honest, need to start looking into it. probably wont get anything expensive though, most of the money will be going on the attic conversion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I just go the money sorted for my attic conversation, delighted. only took me a year to get here haha. cant wait to have it done now and get all my stuff unboxed. going to grab a 3D projecter too and put surround sound in!

Just got mine finished about a month ago. Great to finally have a new room but... I started to unbox my games and I'm torn now. I wanted to have everything on display but kinda looks a bit cluttered and I'm wondering would select items look better than everything on display. Tough one.

Just got mine finished about a month ago. Great to finally have a new room but... I started to unbox my games and I'm torn now. I wanted to have everything on display but kinda looks a bit cluttered and I'm wondering would select items look better than everything on display. Tough one.

First world problems haha..

If you dont mind me asking, via pm, can i give you a shout about who did you attic etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

First world problems haha..

If you dont mind me asking, via pm, can i give you a shout about who did you attic etc?

Course ya can :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

happy meals...

Just for the young uns I hope. Unless they've started to pack their Big Macs with protein! :P

The Big Macs actually have ok protein. It's all the saturated fats and high G.I., refined carbohydrates that are the killer!

Ok.

IMG_20150816_160639_zps7fmhfyg3.jpg

Not ok (Sweet Jesus)

IMG_20150816_160309_zpskswl6c0u.jpg

IMG_20150816_160309_zpskswl6c0u.jpg
    I can't see what's wrong with LadyBeard, he's awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

I can't see what's wrong with LadyBeard, he's awesome.

That was pretty interesting, to say the least. lol!

Tchoin wrote: »
    That was pretty interesting, to say the least. lol!
    Afaik he's a wrestler but not 100% and too lazy to check lol.
    Dunno if it was the same company/league/whatever as Prince Devitt (the guy from Bray, ... who's in WWE now? I'm not keeping up).
    I remember hearing the guy Devitt lost the title to in Japan, we saw him fight a blow up doll at a panel, heard a ladder won but saw no videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Japanese wrestling is great!

I believe the doll has won a couple of Belts. One of the championship belts was actually the title holder of itself too.

Japanese wrestling is great!

I believe the doll has won a couple of Belts. One of the championship belts was actually the title holder of itself too.

I have to see more :) just asked the one who did the panel would he do another as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently there was a ladder match where the ladder fell over at the end on top of the two fighters and won the championship belt. It also managed to defend said belt a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Apparently their tables are quite resilient too

(picturing Botchamania laughing table)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Apparently their tables are quite resilient too

(picturing Botchamania laughing table)
    a30.jpg

I AM THE TABLE!

a30.jpg

I AM THE TABLE!
    hqdefault.jpg
    I forgot all about that!

Just incase anyone was interested, it's only 2.33 minutes

Hi guys just a quick one, ive posted a "forum request" thread for a Collectible toy\models forum. not going to spam the place with links looking for support but if you wouldnt mind and have an interest in it, head over and +1 .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057479557

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^^ Might be worth adding a link into your sig too, to increase exposure :) I've +1'd it anyway

• Advertisement

Good Idea, thanks, ill do that now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pretty interesting write up about the making of Mortal Kombat the Movie

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mortal-kombat-movie-oral-history-815287

Cameron Diaz was supposed to play Sonya before she broke her wrist in training for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I went to see that in The Ambassador, it was still a cinema then and the movie was surprisingly good.
    Whatever about the bad rap movie based on video game properties get now, at the time they were seen as a joke, Mortal Kombat went some ways to alter that opinion slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I like the Mortal Kombat film. Its no godfather but its a decent popcorn film. Plus Christopher Lambert is in it and hes always the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I like the Mortal Kombat film. Its no godfather but its a decent popcorn film. Plus Christopher Lambert is in it and hes always the man

The Godfather is a yawnfest, give me Mortal Kombat instead any day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    The Godfather is a yawnfest, give me Mortal Kombat instead any day :pac:

A rare case of Family Guy being funny.

Playing retro videogames on PC can be hard work. TR1 and TR2 were hard to get working (I actually wrote the community faq on steam to get TR2 working in widescreen and with videos that work) but I had awful trouble getting KotOR to work in 1080p (or at least a resolution where the screen ratio isn't fecked). I gave up since it was only working intermittently and ended up giving Rocket League a go to calm down. A quick go lasted until 1am.

The weird thing is with the recent patch to kotor 2, the red headed buggy obsidian developed sequel, it now is easier to run than the much loved original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I find the GOG stuff better out of the box than the retro Steam stuff. The DOSBox configuration can be tweaked easily enough for each game if necessary. No problem with TR series from GOG.

But there's only so much you can do to present a 640x400 game at 1920x1080 without it look pants..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

The Money Pit....

Tom Hanks and Shelly Long in a perfect storm of non-funnyness.

I find the GOG stuff better out of the box than the retro Steam stuff. The DOSBox configuration can be tweaked easily enough for each game if necessary. No problem with TR series from GOG.

But there's only so much you can do to present a 640x400 game at 1920x1080 without it look pants..

The TR games on GoG and steam use the same configuration and have the same problems. I just find I can't play games if they are in a 4:3 ratio and are stretched to 16:9. TR1 I got working in 1080p but in a 4:3 ratio with sidebars. I got TR2 working in 16:9 widescreen thanks to some obscure mod by a russian fan group. Thankfully it was legit and didn't screw up my PC :) From TR3 onwards they seem to work fine in widescreen displaying 16:9 with sidebars. Both TR1 and TR2 Gog and steam versions won't play the videos but I found a fix for TR1 and there's a fix for TR2 that also replaces them with higher quality videos with no scanlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Play them windowed :)

Can anyone tell me if a Megadrive 2 psu will be safe to power a PC Engine Duo-R? Apparently, it's something doujindance recommended to someone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Hi guys just a quick one, ive posted a "forum request" thread for a Collectible toy\models forum. not going to spam the place with links looking for support but if you wouldnt mind and have an interest in it, head over and +1 .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057479557

Cheers

That was the purpose of this forum that I had set up years ago:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1358

But it looks like they've dropped the toy section of it. Still says toys and boardgames on the drop down menu for me though.

Anyone have a good idea of 360 games that'll look good on a CRT?

DinoRex wrote: »

But it looks like they've dropped the toy section of it. Still says toys and boardgames on the drop down menu for me though.

Yeah I modded that for a while, by the time I did there was virtually zero toy discussion on it, barring the very rare "what is the best new Barbie" type question from parents around Christmas time. It was eventually rebranded to play to the audience that actually used it, & seems to be doing a lot better now. If it's still showing the old name, I presume you're on an older/unsupported skin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Retr0gamer wrote: »

YOU MEAN IT ISN'T!?

Still better than Modern Simpsons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yeah I modded that for a while, by the time I did there was virtually zero toy discussion on it, barring the very rare "what is the best new Barbie" type question from parents around Christmas time. It was eventually rebranded to play to the audience that actually used it, & seems to be doing a lot better now. If it's still showing the old name, I presume you're on an older/unsupported skin?

They'll prize the brown skin out of my cold dead hands!

Yeh seems to be just table top games now, would love to get that forum setup again for toy collecting, appreciate your +1 on the thread.

I presume when the new site rolls out, those legacy skins simply won't work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah I modded that for a while, by the time I did there was virtually zero toy discussion on it
    Yeah, it tended to be just that and the occasional bit of advertising for one of the vintage toy fairs that were going on.
    I presume when the new site rolls out, those legacy skins simply won't work :(
    Think they're trying to make multiple skins available on the new one, definitely the dark one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Since my 'Ultron' ad seems to have inspired the set up of a toy forum, I presume it will be called the 'Corholio Collectible Toy Forum' right?

..........right!?
    tumblr_lx2dbqMTuy1qf10nj.gif

Also anybody interested in it, can do a much better deal than on Adverts. finally want to let it go. Would be great to go to someone who would be a fan/collector.

It can be called that no problem as long as it gets setup i dont mind, dont forget to +1 it! :pac:

Interesting video on the Dreamcast MIL exploit by Adam Koralik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Advertisement

GoG has gotten some new D&D games on the service and one pack includes Eye of the Beholder 1, 2 and 3. Can't wait to give them ago. Now to see if there's a fan patch to include the Mega CD soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement