Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change immersion heating to gas heating (hot water)

• 26-12-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

No laughing but OH and I have just had our first exoerience of immersion heating, resulting in cold showers. How expensive is it to change to gas? We have central heating, water tank upstairs, gas boiler down stairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

on_my_oe wrote: »
    No laughing but OH and I have just had our first exoerience of immersion heating, resulting in cold showers. How expensive is it to change to gas? We have central heating, water tank upstairs, gas boiler down stairs.

Cylinder should normaly be already connected to also work off the gas heating. (99% of houses)
    Post a few photos of the cylinder and pipe work and we can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

15wz04.jpg

qzqhpy.jpg

mv6r28.jpg

2ahwahu.jpg

2ahwahu.jpg

2n1aufk.jpg

el5xee.jpg

2lsxh5j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

on_my_oe wrote: »

What is the make and model of the gas boiler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

2ir6o21.jpg

Sorry, missed that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Lets check to see if you are getting circulation at the cylinder first.
    Make sure that the white thermostatic control valve is open to 5,
    The larger red wheel valve, closest to the floor, first turn it fully clockwise, then turn it anticlockwise two full turns.
    The smaller wheel valve, leave it for the moment.
    Turn on your gas boiler and after a couple of minutes, feel the pipes where you have turned the valves and see if they are getting hot.
    Let us know what happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement