Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Newcastle - 3PM - BT Sports 1

• 26-12-2014 11:27am

So impressive has been Manchester United’s resurgence under Louis van Gaal that the draw at Aston Villa was greeted by dismay by the manager and players after six consecutive wins in the league. Newcastle United arrive having lost their past two, a resounding 4-1 defeat at Arsenal and the late 1-0 Tyne-Wear derby reverse, so their manager, Alan Pardew, is once again in need-of-a-win mode.

IMO with Newcastle's form dipping again its a good time to play them, especially since we've been strong at home.

Predict 4-1 Man Utd win.

My match prep will include Turkey sandwiches as a base for the pints!!

*Edit* Zerks not happy..needed some bling;

Courtesy of the gowl king..

nkZtVI8.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have the Miss's up and cooking the dinner now n all so it'll be finished by 2 ish too head too the pub for pints!

United rout 4-0 Di Maria too star!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

4-1, 4-0? These were the kind of scoreline predictions floating about before the Villa game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

2-0 to Man Utd and that's me in an optimistic mood be use it's Christmas. 😀

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd expect a comfortable Man Utd win here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

4-1, 4-0? These were the kind of scoreline predictions floating about before the Villa game :pac:

Fuck it,lets go all out,haven't seen a decent 7-0 win from us in a while,I want that today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Newcastle fan here. Got plenty abuse on United forum a while back by suggesting fellaini wasn't good enough for them, so expect a fellaini stormer and a handy win for United ",

We look back to our worst and old Trafford is a bit of a graveyard even at our best

But you never know.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

tastyt wrote: »
    Newcastle fan here. Got plenty abuse on United forum a while back by suggesting fellaini wasn't good enough for them, so expect a fellaini stormer and a handy win for United ",

We look bacback to our worst and old Trafford is a bit of a graveyard even at our best

But you never know.....

Fellaini is out with illness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I expect United to win after going a goal down, after a lethargic post xmas first half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My main worry comes from the fact Man United players took the day off yesterday and thus I fear they are all going to be still stuffed from their Xmas dinner. No expectations today :/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My main worry comes from the fact Man United players took the day off yesterday and thus I fear they are all going to be still stuffed from their Xmas dinner. No expectations today :/

Or it might work the other way after critics complained of LVG pushing them too hard in training.The day off might crown them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hopefully we get a decent side out and really get at them early. Confidence with Newcastle must be quiet low and they have a keeper who hasn't looked amazing filling in and may be carrying a slight knock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Lord TSC wrote: »

Utd have the higher win % on Stephens day, with 80 something %

Arsenal are second with 60 something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Blatter wrote: »
    Fellaini is out with illness.

Football elbow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

This on the telly lads?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

macslash wrote: »
    This on the telly lads?!

Yeah, it's in the thread title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Yeah, it's in the thread title :)

Whoops thanks! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Not as confident as some of the other posters here. I do think the fact the guys were off yesterday will stand to them but I do fear Newcastle have a good game in them after there two poor games recently. However, the lads coming back from injury and the fact we have form for me suggests a 1-0 or 2-1 victory for United today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cautiously optimistic, depends how the Toon start, if we can control things for the first 20 minutes or so then I think a relatively comfortable win will come.

Down with my folks so can't watch the game, the oul lad got rid of Setanta while the GAA is on it's winter break and their "broadband" is akin to a bean can on a string so no chance of watching it online.

First game I will miss all season I think.

Sigh.

The gowl king. Excellent. The ladies of limerick will be frothing at the gash for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

3-1 United.

We can't keep a clean sheet so 1 to Newcastle is a given.

Di Maria looked very bright when he came on against Villa, as did Falcao. I expect the 3 goals to be shared between the two of them, and RVP if he plays 90.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I have a feeling we will make Newcastle look a lot better than they are today

Would be crazy if Van Gaal starts with 5 at the back again after the last game

The eagle has landed

cobDYFF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I'll have a repeat of Boxing Day 2012 please: United 4 - 3 Newcastle.

• I have a feeling we will make Newcastle look a lot better than they are today

Would be crazy if Van Gaal starts with 5 at the back again after the last game

5 at the back fills me with rage....but I still want to see young and Valencia start..they have been working hard and creating chances recently. Not sure how else we can fit them in the first eleven if we don't line up with 5 at the back. The issue is in midfield at the moment..matas not strong enough to dictate in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    5 at the back fills me with rage....but I still want to see young and Valencia start..they have been working hard and creating chances recently. Not sure how else we can fit them in the first eleven if we don't line up with 5 at the back. The issue is in midfield at the moment..matas not strong enough to dictate in midfield

I dont know why you want them in there? Sure it might be a little harsh them coming out of the team but when we have a fully fit Raf and Shaw there is no place for either of Young or Valencia. Squad players at best

Agree on Mata. With ADM back I don't think there is room for Mata to start

• I dont know why you want them in there? Sure it might be a little harsh them coming out of the team but when we have a fully fit Raf and Shaw there is no place for either of Young or Valencia. Squad players at best

Agree on Mata. With ADM back I don't think there is room for Mata to start

If Shaw a RAF are available for selection then maybe we can revert to a 4-4-2 with Carrick and di maria in midfield, young and Valencia on the wings. Rooney and falcoa start up front and rest rvp for Sunday.

In fairness young and Valencia deserve some credit for some of there performances this season

De Gea, Jones, McNair, Evans, Valencia, Carrick, Rooney, Mata, Young, van Persie, Falcao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Falcao hattrick today

• Advertisement

If Shaw a RAF are available for selection then maybe we can revert to a 4-4-2 with Carrick and di maria in midfield, young and Valencia on the wings. Rooney and falcoa start up front and rest rvp for Sunday.

In fairness young and Valencia deserve some credit for some of there performances this season

They deserve some credit yeah. Sorry i misread to think it was more long term thinking where I think they dont deserve their place. We need them now with all the fixtures bunched

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coin

Any word on where di Maria is?

• De Gea, Jones, McNair, Evans, Valencia, Carrick, Rooney, Mata, Young, van Persie, Falcao

No di maria is painful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That bench is very very weak.

No di maria is painful

Hopefully he is just being eased back in

This isn't going to be pretty, Goufrann anytime scorer

• Advertisement

coin wrote: »
    Any word on where di Maria is?

Rested for the game against spurs. Hopfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

The weak bench is worrying but hopefully falcao can do the business so the bench won't be needed

They misspelled falcoa on the sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Official Twitter says Di Maria picked up an injury in training.

@ManUtd: #MUTV have confirmed that Angel Di Maria picked up an injury in the team's last training session. #mufclive

• markc1184 wrote: »

@ManUtd: #MUTV have confirmed that Angel Di Maria picked up an injury in the team's last training session. #mufclive

Does it ever stop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

markc1184 wrote: »

Lazy bugger only wanted a day off to nurse his Christmas hangover more likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Raf back on the bench makes me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ugh, 3 at the back. Teams are playing with wing forwards more often these days so it leaves way more 1v1's.

Looked a peno that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Terrible decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,595 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

5live keeps going over to poxy horse races :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Mata needs to start playing forward passes, his negative passing is painful

We are so brittle at the back too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dear lord..