Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Fairy Lights

Options
  • 26-12-2014 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Need to replace mine. Need see least 240 white leds. Ideally online as I'm nowhere near an urban centre until next week. Thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

athtrasna wrote: »
    Need to replace mine. Need see least 240 white leds. Ideally online as I'm nowhere near an urban centre until next week. Thanks

Tesco Extra stores are selling off 240 sets of both clear and multi-coloured LED lights for 17 euro at the moment.Thats very good value for a set of 240.You might get lucky and still pick up a set,but they were quickly whipped up off the shelves in Tesco Balbriggan last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

White LEDs are ok (I'm not mad about them, but that's just my opinion), but I had to stop using multicoloured sets I got a few years back, as the blue lights made my sitting room vaguely resemble a morgue!

I reverted to normal lights, and got two 150 sets from Dunnes (white) and they're grand. They were also doing multicoloured sets which I'm sure are also fine. The Christmas shop in the Swan Centre (Rathmines) and in the Stephen's Green Centre both had loads of both on Christmas Eve.

Might be worth checking out online?

http://www.dunnesstores.com/200-led-lights//dunnesstores/fcp-product/7131120?colour=white

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    White LEDs are ok (I'm not mad about them, but that's just my opinion), but I had to stop using multicoloured sets I got a few years back, as the blue lights made my sitting room vaguely resemble a morgue!

I reverted to normal lights, and got two 150 sets from Dunnes (white) and they're grand. They were also doing multicoloured sets which I'm sure are also fine. The Christmas shop in the Swan Centre (Rathmines) and in the Stephen's Green Centre both had loads of both on Christmas Eve.

Might be worth checking out online?

ww w.dunnesstores .com/200-led-lights//dunnesstores /fcp-product/7131120?colour=white

White and clear are 2 different colours alltogether.Clear are classier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

White and clear are 2 different colours alltogether.Clear are classier.
    Well you learn something new every day!

Is "clear" not a non-LED term? I can only find white LEDs as an option.

OP (now that I've read it properly, sorry for all the irrelevant stuff in my post above!) specifically said they're looking for LEDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks everybody! I heard about those Tesco ones but not holding out much hope of any being left by Tuesday when I get back to civilisation. Yes thinking about it clear are much nicer, some whites are cold. Will have to hit the shops Tuesday evening

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well you learn something new every day!

Is "clear" not a non-LED term? I can only find white LEDs as an option.

OP (now that I've read it properly, sorry for all the irrelevant stuff in my post above!) specifically said they're looking for LEDs.
    Plenty of diy shops and garden centres sell clear LED christmas lights.
    I have found that alot of the white lights are a very sterile and bright white,like as if you were in a hospital setting or in an underground carpark setting,other whites are more of an nice white akin to what some car headlights look like at night time.Other whites are branded as "warm white" and are a more homely light type.
    Clear is much nicer and more of a neutral colour and in my opiniion is a much classier type of light for a christmas tree.Not tacky like the coloured led lights and not as cold and sterile as the white lights.Thats just my opinion based on trying out alot of different light brands and light colours last Christmas and the Christmas before that to see what was best for my house.Turned out that the Tesco clear lights were the nicest and also the cheapest when it came to them selling off the lights at half price.I have all my lights on a 24 hour timer.They come on at a 3pm in the day and then go off at 1:30 am in the early morning.

Advertisement