Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Study

Options
  • 26-12-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,
    I have a Degree in Social care- but always wanted to do nursing.
    I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to skip first year Nursing or some modules due to having a similar qualification?
    Also, I paid fees in my first and second year, but got the grant in 3rd and 4th year, does anyone know if I have to pay full fees again? Or if I was successfully in applying to nursing in Scotland, if I would have to pay fees etc over there?
    Any help anyone can give me if anyone has been in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated!
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Hi Shofar,

The only part of your query I can answer is about fees in Ireland. If it has been 5 years or more since your fees were paid then you are entitled to free fees. If it is less than that then you will be liable to pay them.

Best of luck with your return to studies!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Shine7 wrote: »
    Hi Shofar,

The only part of your query I can answer is about fees in Ireland. If it has been 5 years or more since your fees were paid then you are entitled to free fees. If it is less than that then you will be liable to pay them.

Best of luck with your return to studies!

I think that free fees only apply if you DONT already have a degree. OP said that they has a degree already so free fees from the state probably do not apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

bd2012 wrote: »
    I think that free fees only apply if you DONT already have a degree. OP said that they has a degree already so free fees from the state probably do not apply

This is correct.
    Free fees, or any other part of the state funded grant, may only apply to a student that did not graduate or gain a qualification/award and has taken a break of 5 years or more from their studies (all studies) and is over the age of 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If your degree is level 7 and if you meet the susi criteria they can give you tuition fees for a full level 8 an initio degree.

Advertisement