Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

durian rider

• 26-12-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭

Are many people from boards subscribed to his YouTube channel?

What are people thought on his cycling info and vegan diet?

I really enjoy his vlogs a lot of information for newbies like myself and his cycling stats on starva are very impressive .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Funny at times
    Banana girl

Dislikes:
    Preachy at times
    Stick your vegan diet up your hole

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

He doesn't like DC Rainmaker

Interesting at times, some good training insights. Not convinced his vegan diet affects his athletic performance either positively or negatively.

He has a lot of empty click bait content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

ronoc wrote: »
    Interesting at times, some good training insights. Not convinced his vegan diet affects his athletic performance either positively or negatively.

I imagine the PEDs he is taking are having a larger impact on his performances.

Not sure how he is able to reconcile the supposed healthiness offered by a vegan diet with taking drugs such as testosterone/epo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I enjoyed one of his "fackin' lean!" rants once but I think I got to his "ten banana dinner" when I decided I'd had enough of his philosophy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Was subscribed for a bit, but he got quite annoying pretty quick.

transylman wrote: »
    I imagine the PEDs he is taking are having a larger impact on his performances.

Not sure how he is able to reconcile the supposed healthiness offered by a vegan diet with taking drugs such as testosterone/epo.

This is just a recent thing? For ages he was harping on about clean living and how he doesn't drink or take any sort of drugs. Now he has made videos about taking Testosterone :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

ronoc wrote: »
    This is just a recent thing? For ages he was harping on about clean living and how he doesn't drink or take any sort of drugs. Now he has made videos about taking Testosterone :confused:

His views on PEDs are pretty clear (everyone does them and he accepts that). He also posted a video a few months back showing how easy it was to get testosterone and other PEDs by actually buying some. Now a few months later he's just gonna decide, out of the freakin bluue, to go on a course of test? I'm not buying it. I imagine he has been on all sorts of stuff for years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Did he say get ride at a high level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

transylman wrote: »
    His views on PEDs are pretty clear (everyone does them and he accepts that). He also posted a video a few months back showing how easy it was to get testosterone and other PEDs by actually buying some. Now a few months later he's just gonna decide, out of the freakin bluue, to go on a course of test? I'm not buying it. I imagine he has been on all sorts of stuff for years.

I think I saw the video you're referring to where he's saying loads of people are doing them, it didn't sound to me like he accepted that as ok, just accepted the fact. It also never sounded like he said he takes any himself. Can you show any link to any video or text of his that says he actually takes them? Why wouldn't you buy it anyway? His whole life at this point revolves around being healthy by the looks of things, making a living from his youtube channel and website, both dedicated to being healthy. There's plenty of vegan sports people who are great at what they do, why doubt this guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

He was doing a 30 day trail of test on a lower dosage than the comparable contraceptive pill.
    to see what benefits he noticed

He says at the elite level everybody is doping a small bit from prescribed medication

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I really only watch because of his girlfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

I'd hate to walk into the bog after that guy has been in there :eek:

I used watch his videos but got sick of him,preaching his banana propaganda and talking about how "faaaakin' ripped" he is. Got to hand it to him though,if all he eats is just bananas he does fairly well.

My stomach be in bits with all that fruit and I'd be starving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

He's alright for a while but gets annoying and preachy after 3 or 4 videos. Plus him and his girlfriend piss in buckets instead of walking 10 feet to the bloody bathroom...and he can shove his bananas where the sun don't shine.

JBokeh wrote: »
    I'd hate to walk into the bog after that guy has been in there :eek:

You probably wouldn't even know he'd used the bathroom if you went in after him!

I never got why there's so much negativity and fear towards people simply upping their fruit and veg intake. It's really that simple..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Plenty of vegans and vegetarians here and at least one national chap is vegan and a few are vegetarian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

A diet of fruit and veg makes sense in a warm climate. The more people give out the more his brand grows. He makes money on his blog, looks like its enough to pay the bills while hes out riding his bike.

How does he receive payments and why?
    He said his bird made 20k 1 month were is the revenue generated?

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/freelea

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/durianriders

Looks like they are doing pretty well for themselves, if they are so into health and all they have to do to make their very comfortable living is a 10-20 minute video every few days (obviously they probably do a good bit more, but maybe not so much), what's not to believe that he can concentrate on training and achieve the results he gets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

his gf is amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Annoying preachy dying looking muppet.

jackstaff wrote: »
    How does he receive payments and why?
    He said his bird made 20k 1 month were is the revenue generated?

ads per view

godtabh wrote: »
    ads per view

Wats that mean... Who physically pays him

youtube put ads in his videos and pay him for the privilege

The also have ads in their side bar etc

A cousin of mine has made some money with magic tricks doing the same thing. Random stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Youtube. Basically everytime someone clicks on one of his videos, he gets a percentage for the little square ad beside the video or pre-roll/ads that roll through the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I think he is great. I feel really good after eating fruit and veg. I stopped drinking Cow milk, replaced with Soy milk (acquired taste), and I've slowly been losing weight.
    There's a reason cyclists carry Bananas and not Chicken Drumsticks.
    There's no need to say the Vegan and Vegetarian is bad, someone doesn't want to eat animal corpses, drink another species milk even as an adult and/or eat chicken period, it's their choice.
    I sure most people believe that St. Patrick got rid of the snakes outta Ireland, and eat meat because the same people that told you about St. Paddy and the snakes, told you to eat animal products.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I sure most people believe that St. Patrick got rid of the snakes outta Ireland, and eat meat because the same people that told you about St. Paddy and the snakes, told you to eat animal products.

Huh?:confused:

There's no need to say the Vegan and Vegetarian is bad, someone doesn't want to eat animal corpses, drink another species milk even as an adult and/or eat chicken period, it's their choice.

I don't think anyone said it was bad. I just like the taste and smell of a well cooked steak or chop or rack of ribs or a lot of other meat.

• Advertisement

Surely an auld fillet steak every now and then isn't going to harm things...
    As well as eating your fruit and veg some aspects of vegan are good but solely sticking to it would be a struggle for me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Vegetarian diet which includes eggs and dairy can easily work for an athlete.

Vegan diet without very careful supplementation, B12, iron, calcium etc is hard to recommend for any type of athlete.

Recommending a vegan diet as optimum is nonsense.

50k/month.... I call bullshit

Advertisement