Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v West Ham, 12.45pm SS1

• 26-12-2014 1:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Chelsea XI: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.
    Chelsea Subs: Cech, Filipe Luis, Zouma, Ramires, Drogba, Mikel, Schürrle

West Ham XI: Adrian, Jenkinson, Cresswell, Collins, Reid, Noble, Kouyate, Nolan (c), Downing, Carroll, Valencia
    West Ham Subs: Jarvis, Sakho, O'Brien, Amalfitano, Jääskeläinen, Cole, Song

12 months ago, West Ham slipped into the relegation zone on Stephen's/Boxing Day with just 14 points. They'd then go on to ship 11 goals in two cup games against Nottingham Forest and Man City leading to further calls for Sam Allardyce's head.

Then at the end of January, West Ham somehow kept Chelsea (who had 72% possession and nearly 40 shots) at bay to bag a priceless 0-0 draw at the Bridge. José was not impressed, branding it "19th Century football" while obviously not seeing the irony in having said "I think boring is a team that plays at home and cannot score a goal" a month previously after an awful 0-0 away against Arsenal. West Ham then went on to win the next 4 games to pull clear of relegation and finish the season in a comfortable 13th.

But what a transformation this season. New recruits like Sakho, Song and Valencia have helped us play great football and manage 31 points and +10 goal difference so far leaving West Ham in a dizzying 4th at Christmas. Stewart Downing has also been like a new signing.

But this will be the toughest game of the season without a doubt. Chelsea have won all 8 home games while scoring 20 and conceding just 3. Indeed, Sam seems to be focusing more on the next few games against Arsenal and West Brom having left Diafra Sakho and Alex Song on the bench. James Tomkins looks to have been unable to recover from a hamstring injury against Leicester.
    For Chelsea, Eden Hazard was their only injury worry but he starts.

Prediction: Sam to "sacrifice" this game in the hope of getting a win against Arsenal in two days time. 2-0 to Chelsea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2444736600000578-0-image-a-22_1419593804936.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Whatever about Sahko, I don't get West Ham dropping Song. He's been by far their best player this season in my eyes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Whatever about Sahko, I don't get West Ham dropping Song. He's been by far their best player this season in my eyes.
    Eye on the Arsenal game I think. Doubtful if he'd be able for two full games in two days. Kouyate isn't a bad replacement for him I think. Also, I wouldn't see him being as effective as he has been given we're likely to have very little possession.

That West Ham jersey is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Officials are missing a lot here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How does the linesman not see that handball? Utterly incredible

Looks like the officials owe José a Christmas present so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Weve missed 2 sitters so far.

Terrible finishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dave plays left back so well for a right footer.

This ref

• Advertisement

Good tackle poor call from oliver

Great tackle by Collins gets him a yellow :rolleyes:
    Obviously tackling isn't allowed at Stamford Bridge.

West Ham will be blessed if they get into the break level.

Get in JT :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well deserved goal

Jinxed it.

Well done costa.well deserved goal too

A dive no card.

:rolleyes:

Really poor defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

We like winning from behind

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A dive no card.

:rolleyes:
    A Chelsea fan complaining about diving :pac:

vicwatson wrote: »
    We like winning from behind

Sunderland done it last year after 2 gifts so its possible.

A Chelsea fan complaining about diving :pac:

Considering weve got yellows for dives that were fouls ya id complain.

Costas got 2 yellows for diving after getting caught twice
    All i want is consistency.

Costas doing very well getting too much time on it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

AdamD wrote: »
    This ref

This ref is bad just as we seen at the weekend between Liverpool and Arsenal

Costa has dived already and got a free so, yes, I'd like consistency too. Ye have blatantly handled the ball twice as well and no free was given.
    Michael Oliver has previous when favouring Chelsea.

Costa has dived already and got a free so, yes, I'd like consistency too. Ye have blatantly handled the ball twice as well and no free was given.
    Michael Oliver has previous when favouring Chelsea.

Costa dived? When?

A lot of half chances being wasted.

Could easily cost us.

Kouyate's "foul" a while before the goal. He knocked the ball too far and threw himself to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Kouyate's "foul" before the goal. He knocked the ball too far and threw himself to the ground.

For someone who "loves the physicality" he sure does like going down easily.

Blatant penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

9.5 for that dive

That's a yellow all day long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ivan should be booked for that!

1-1 on "soft fouls"

Oliver is a poor enough ref.

Easiky could have been 2 or 3 cards for diving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Another dive from a chelsea player. Seriously need to cut diving out of football.

Otherwise, superb performance by chelsea. Matic, hazard and fabregas are a joy to watch.

Oh look. Another dive. And no card.

Oh look. Another dive. And no card.

Makes it 1 - 1 so after valencias one.

Its weird seeing costa breaking up trouble though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Blatant penalty.

:pac: his feet where in the air before Carroll arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Its other-wordly football at the Bridge. The rapid fire passing, those delicate, deceptively incisive passes and movements, stick a blaugrana jersey on this team and you may not notice the difference. Today Chelsea are delivering a late Christmas present to all those who love football.

• Advertisement

Lucky to be only 1-0 down. Need Nolan and Carroll off for Song and Sakho.
    But it really frustrates me that Chelsea have so much quality in their team and could walk the league on football alone yet still see the need for the ridiculous diving and playacting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Chelsea playing some great football today. Can’t see West getting anything from this. Terry and Hazard have been immense so far.

Its other-wordly football at the Bridge. The rapid fire passing, those delicate, deceptively incisive passes and movements, stick a blaugrana jersey on this team and you may not notice the difference. Today Chelsea are delivering a late Christmas present to all those who love football.

At 1-0 its still an open game. Lucky west ham are waiting for the easier game on the 28th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lucky to be only 1-0 down. Need Nolan and Carroll off for Song and Sakho.
    But it really frustrates me that Chelsea have so much quality in their team and could walk the league on football alone yet still see the need for the ridiculous diving and playacting.

It's surprising that people would expect different with Mourinho in charge.

Barr wrote: »
    Chelsea playing some great football today. Can’t see West getting anything from this. Terry and Hazard have been immense so far.

At 1-0 i wouldnt say that. Its very easy to get a break of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

At 1-0 its still an open game. Lucky west ham are waiting for the easier game on the 28th

True it's still competitive, it shouldn't be but it is. I suppose Big Sam will say what's the point in having a squad if you don't rotate when needs be but obviously they have a better chance getting something from the next two games than this one.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's surprising that people would expect different with Mourinho in charge.

Considering West Ham started it i suppose you can only react to what youre playing against.

True it's still competitive, it shouldn't be but it is. I suppose Big Sam will say what's the point in having a squad if you don't rotate when needs be but obviously they have a better chance getting something from the next two games than this one.

Weve missed a sitter and two easy chances for costa and cahill.we should be out of sight but we're not so its going be a tough 45mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Hope Chelsea come out the blocks with the same intensity second half and kill the game off early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

They are winning by 1 goal - a tap in scored by a defender. Hardly other-wordly. It's another functional performance. Chelsea are not a ferrari of football, they are an octavia - a bland, consistent, reliable outfit designed to win not entertain. Trying to overhype them just makes you look silly

• Advertisement
Advertisement