Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free EVision isn't FREE

Options
  • 26-12-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I signed up for Evision to add to my Broadband package. It was supposed to be free for 12 months. I was also on a half price broadband for 6 months offer meaning my bill was 24e for 6 months and 48e after. 

So why is it my bill is now 72e and it came out on Christmas Eve via direct debit even though I rang Eircom 2 weeks ago about this and the man on the phone said he would add 6 months of 24e per month credit to cover the extra charges that the system added to my account in an error. He said i would not need to pay any bill for a few months. 

So why is it 72e just came out of my account and when i called today the system said our balance is Zero. Where is the credit he promised us and why am i paying 72e instead of 24e?

Free tv should be free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eastawat

Hi ComeraghBlue, just interested to know roughly when you signed up for broadband at 24/month rolling onto 48/month after 6 months? That's what I signed up for, but have been billed for something completely different and Eircom refuse to acknowledge that any such deal ever existed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I signed up for Evision to add to my Broadband package. It was supposed to be free for 12 months. I was also on a half price broadband for 6 months offer meaning my bill was 24e for 6 months and 48e after. 

So why is it my bill is now 72e and it came out on Christmas Eve via direct debit even though I rang Eircom 2 weeks ago about this and the man on the phone said he would add 6 months of 24e per month credit to cover the extra charges that the system added to my account in an error. He said i would not need to pay any bill for a few months. 

So why is it 72e just came out of my account and when i called today the system said our balance is Zero. Where is the credit he promised us and why am i paying 72e instead of 24e?

Free tv should be free.
    Hi ComeraghBlue
    if you have been advised that you are on a free for 12 months offer this should be applied. Can you Pm US with your account details and we can look into this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Free tv should be free.
    Hi ComeraghBlue
    if you have been advised that you are on a free for 12 months offer this should be applied. Can you Pm US with your account details and we can look into this for you.
    Tony
    It appears the Half price Broadband offer has been cancelled when I signed up for the "Free Tv". I will PM you my account number. Thanks 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Free tv should be free.
    Hi ComeraghBlue
    Tony
    It appears the Half price Broadband offer has been cancelled when I signed up for the "Free Tv". I will PM you my account number. Thanks 
    PM'd you now ComeraghBlue
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Had same problem they were supposed to phone me back but never did, I signed up to evision and efibre it was never bundled together But we only found thst out now. and my phone cut off and never put back on when they switched me to efibre, I never asked for standalone but they changed it to that.and so I lost my phone
    So I was told I'd get 3 months free because of all the mess.
    I believed that especially as I received no bills, only for it to be cut off !
    It then turned out no free anything. No notes left on my account and bills sent to a different address, and my account was over 200 Euros in arears for only 3 months use, despite evision supposedly being free when I signed up for 6 monthd then changing to 10,and the efibre supposedly being 25 a month, ! So the bill was very wrong, adding to the insult of them saying no notes about my being offered it free due to the problems.
    And needless to say no call back ever happened.
    Be warned anyone signing up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Had same problem they were supposed to phone me back but never did, I signed up to evision and efibre it was never bundled together But we only found thst out now. and my phone cut off and never put back on when they switched me to efibre, I never asked for standalone but they changed it to that.and so I lost my phone
    So I was told I'd get 3 months free because of all the mess.
    I believed that especially as I received no bills, only for it to be cut off !
    It then turned out no free anything. No notes left on my account and bills sent to a different address, and my account was over 200 Euros in arears for only 3 months use, despite evision supposedly being free when I signed up for 6 monthd then changing to 10,and the efibre supposedly being 25 a month, !  So the bill was very wrong, adding to the insult of them saying no notes about my being offered it free due to the problems.
    And needless to say no call back ever happened.
    Be warned anyone signing up.
    Very sorry to hear this beyondbelief67

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi i don't have a account number as didn't receive a bill and they won't tell me the number on the phone !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

This happened to us after signing up first to the 24e bb offer and the following month booking the eVision free for 12 months offer.
    After a lot of calls, and literally weeks passing without any follow up from customer service, I finally called to be told that I couldn't have two offers on my account at once. If I'd known that id have thought twice before I had it installed. 
    I'm hopping mad about the poor transparency and communication skills on the part of Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Evision is crap, I'm sorry i signed up,and was also conned with the prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks
    Al

Hi i don't have a account number as didn't receive a bill and they won't tell me the number on the phone !
    Hi beyondbelief67

If you don't have any details for the account yet please PM me a mobile contact number for you and I'll call

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement