Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powercity and DID websites loading very slowly

Options
  • 26-12-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭

As per title, powercity and DID sites loading very very slowly for me from my desktop and my android phone.

Too many people visiting the sites? Or is it just me....:confused:

edit..harveynorman working fine. Conspiracy theory!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

As per title, powercity and DID sites loading very very slowly for me from my desktop and my android phone.

Too many people visiting the sites? Or is it just me....:confused:

edit..harveynorman working fine. Conspiracy theory!

Too any people visiting the sites as their sales have started

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

and Harvey's in fine? Is there that much a difference in traffic?

someone on bargain alerts has said that this has been the case for a few days and appears like a dos attack..

just went back to powercity now and it's more than crawling, it just gave me a page can't be displayed. I find it hard to believe that they are that popular. I've been using their site on stephens day for a few years now and never saw this.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They arent that much popular, they're bigger cheapskates on their hosting.

HN love doing big promos, theyre on Dublin radio stations nearly every week. Theyve got a robust back end that can take a spike. Id say the other two get very little traffic generally and havent overprovisioned for the sales.

Advertisement