Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

horozon box lose connection streaming over 1gb

• 26-12-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

When streaming movies on my horizon box from my PC over lan connection. after 10 mins or so it loses connection with the PC. It seems like a buffering issue for files over 1gb. Is this a common problem? is there a fix?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I regularly stream +1 gig movies from my Laptop to the horizon box without any issues, What format is the Movie and audio and, IF a MKV what format of movie and audio is in that container?

VLC should be able to give that info.

example, playing a mkv and in vlc tools>codec infomation tells me this mkv is

Type: Video
    Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
    Language: English
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Frame rate: 25
    Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Type: Audio
    Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52 )
    Channels: Stereo
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Bitrate: 384 kb/s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

I always use .avi or xvid formats as these tend to work well on all devices.
    It did work and i never had issues up until about 6 weeks ago.
    any video file under 1Gb plays fine. Any video file over 1GB will give this lost connection with device error approx 20mins into playing.
    My instinct tells me its a buffering issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Practically every movie I stream is over a gig so I doubt its filesize and AVi/xvid aren't usually used for larger sizes of movies in any torrent Ive used in years. Are you compressing them yourself using these codecs or whats the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

the only differentiator seems to be file size, as it never happens a file under 1GB. file sizes vary from 700mb - 1.6GB and always avi or xvid.
    I don't use any compression or mess with any settings.

Advertisement