If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 42w705 and 42w829

Options
  • 26-12-2014 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Just wondering what your prices are for these 2 tvs please.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Just wondering what your prices are for these 2 tvs please.

Thanks
    Hi Fakman87.

The Sony 42W705 is currently priced at 579.99 Euro delivered.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12697-sony.aspx

The Sony 42W829 coming in at 649.99 Euro delivered.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200226-bravia-kdl42w829b.aspx

We have the 829 ready for shipping from the Belfast store and the 705 direct from our main warehouse.
    I hope this is of help. Any questions please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Thanks Kenny.

I'm kind of torn between these two tvs. From your experience would you recommend paying extra for the 829 or is the 705 good enough?

Thanks

Thanks Kenny.

I'm kind of torn between these two tvs. From your experience would you recommend paying extra for the 829 or is the 705 good enough?

Thanks
    Hi Fakman87.

I have to say that I like the 829 version.

The 829 is 400Hz for smoother images and faster processing and also boosts 3D which uses a better panel than the 705.

Thanks Kenny, just one more question. Do you know if the motion plus setting can be turned off on the 829? Although it helps in sports and gaming I hate the soap opera effect it creates on films and tv shows.

Thanks Kenny, just one more question. Do you know if the motion plus setting can be turned off on the 829? Although it helps in sports and gaming I hate the soap opera effect it creates on films and tv shows.
    Hi Fakman87.

Here is a little blurb from one of the reviews on this screen regarding the Montion settings:

[font=Bitter, Georgia, serif]Motion[/font]
    This is one area where the Sony Bravia W82 trumps over the step-down W7 model, offering motion-compensated frame interpolation (MCFI) and black frame insertion (BFI) in various permutation and intensity through the supplied [Motionflow] control. Let’s go through the options one by one:
    • “Off”: Doesn’t apply any motion-boosting technology. Motion resolution 300 as determined via the horizontally scrolling lines pattern in Chapter 31 of the FPD Benchmark Software disc.
    • “True Cinema”: Ensures native 24p playback for 1080p/24 material such as Blu-ray movies. Motion resolution stays the same at 300, since there’s no MCFI/ BFI involved.
    • “Standard”: Pure MCFI. Doubles motion resolution to 600. Not advised.
    • “Smooth”: Pure MCFI with stronger intensity, which introduces more interpolation artefacts even though motion resolution did not increase beyond 600. Avoid.
    • “Clear”: MCFI with a small component of BFI. Few interpolation artefacts with a mild decrease in on-screen luminance. Motion resolution 1080. Good for daytime general use.
    • “Clear Plus”: MCFI with a higher proportion of BFI. Even less interpolation artefacts, but picture is darker than “Clear“. Motion resolution 1080. Suitable for night-time general viewing.
    • “Impulse”: Pure BFI. Motion resolution 1080. May be too dim for most usage.
    [*]
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Hope this helps![/font]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Any questions please let me know.[/font]

• Advertisement

Thanks very much Kenny.

Do you think either of the 829 will be coming up in your sale at all?

I've decided that I want to support richer sounds from now on but at the moment 650 is a lot of money for me.

Thanks very much Kenny.

Do you think either of the 829 will be coming up in your sale at all?

I've decided that I want to support richer sounds from now on but at the moment 650 is a lot of money for me.
    Hi Fakman87

Our sale is already under way, it started on Boxing Day.
    Our pricing changes sometimes two or three times a day to keep up to speed with the competition.

The 42W829 has already been reduced to the above pricing for our sale. It was reduced by £30 - £40.

Thanks Kenny, I didn't realise that.

Can I order the 42w829 from you in that case?

Thanks Kenny, I didn't realise that.

Can I order the 42w829 from you in that case?
    HI Fakman87.

No problem at all.

If you drop me a contact number in a PM I can give you a call.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.