Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science/engineering opportunities

Options
  • 26-12-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. I'm an LC student. The CAO date is coming up so I need to conclude my choices. I have a big interest in Physics and am somewhat interested in Chemistry. My 3 top choices in my Level 8 in no particular order (since I haven't decided yet):
    -Science in UCD
    -Engineering in UCD
    -Science in TCD

I'm doing 9 subjects but doing really badly in languages so I've only got a reliable 6 in which I get good enough results. I could easily miss my course if something happens on the day, if I don't do as well as I usually do - 1 subject is enough.

I've attended some open days but found it very difficult to make good decisions because it's really just a choice of which university impressed me the most. From what I understand, the science courses in other colleges are really of a lower standard and so I was considering instead doing a level 6/7 if I don't get into these top 3 but again I run into the same problem.

I want to prioritise the courses that give me the highest chance of getting into one of these top 3 but have no idea how that even works. I'm assuming DIT is high up in that list but I don't have any concrete information. I also don't want to make assumptions based on points needed because I know they're skewed just due to popularity

tldr: want to do one of the 3 listed courses, don't know much about what level 6/7 courses are good for me to get into them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 madtting

Let me make my question simpler.

Does it matter which level 8 course I do?

Is it worth doing level 6s and 7s to get into the top 3 courses or should I just take level 8 courses from lower universities?

Advertisement