Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your card appears to be faulty BOI

Options
  • 26-12-2014 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

I went to the ATM today to withdraw money and I got a message saying 'Your card appears to be faulty'. I don't know how it could be faulty as its been kept the same way it's always been kept. I withdrew 500 euro on the 24th and 500 again from the ATM on the 25th so I'm not sure if that's anything to do with why it may be faulty.

The bank doesn't open again until the 30th and I need to have access to the money in my account on the 30th at the very latest. If my card is faulty will I be able to withdraw money on the 30th if I go into the bank? And does anyone know how long it would take to get a new card. I would need it before the 2nd of January.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

There's about a 0% chance you'll get a new card by the 2nd. You will be able to withdraw money in the branch on the 30th though. Have you tried at another ATM for cash? Could have just been that machine having an error reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

There's about a 0% chance you'll get a new card by the 2nd. You will be able to withdraw money in the branch on the 30th though. Have you tried at another ATM for cash? Could have just been that machine having an error reading it.

Thanks! As long as I can withdraw money by the 30th it wouldn't be too bad. I tried it 3 times in that ATM and I'll try it again later in another ATM. What do I need to withdraw in the bank without the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Thanks! As long as I can withdraw money by the 30th it wouldn't be too bad. I tried it 3 times in that ATM and I'll try it again later in another ATM. What do I need to withdraw in the bank without the card?

Your Bank Details and suitable ID.

Your Bank Details and suitable ID.

I'm only back home for Christmas until the 2nd of January and the only ID I have with me is a Garda age card. Would that be suitable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'm only back home for Christmas until the 2nd of January and the only ID I have with me is a Garda age card. Would that be suitable?

That should be fine but if not, could you transfer money to a family member through online banking and get them to withdraw for you?

• Advertisement

That should be fine but if not, could you transfer money to a family member through online banking and get them to withdraw for you?

Thanks I didn't even think of that! I need to set up online banking asap over the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lajtel

I got the same message using my AIB card, turned out that the issues was that the bank blocked the card because of irregularities in my ATM usage.
    A call to the bank later and it was working again.

Advertisement