Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s dead and now won't charge... Help please

• 26-12-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

So my phone has gone down to zero and is dead and now not charging.

It's an iPhone 5s only got 3 months ago.

I have all my Xmas photos etc on it not backed up! I know very stupid but it is what it is.

Any way of turning the phone on somehow or is back to Vodafone to be wiped and "fixed"

I've rued a new charging cable that I know works and that doesn't work either

Completely dead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Try leaving it plugged in for about thirty minutes, then reset it while it's still plugged in (hold down the home and power key for about 15 seconds). it used to work on the older models although I've never had to try it on the more recent one, it'l also depend on what the issue is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Gillo wrote: »
    Try leaving it plugged in for about thirty minutes, then reset it while it's still plugged in (hold down the home and power key for about 15 seconds). it used to work on the older models although I've never had to try it on the more recent one, it'l also depend on what the issue is.

I tried that. I think it's charging now. We'll see in a while. I'll leave it and see.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I had to send mine back to appl. But my lock button didn't work so I couldn't do a hard reset.
    Cost me €80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I assume you've tried a) plugging it into the computer to try to charge off that rather than the plug; b) changing the plug into a different socket; c) plugging the USB in and out a few times at each end? It may be the charger or socket that's hinky rather than the phone. And they can be eccentric about working with one socket one day and another on another day.

I assume you've tried a) plugging it into the computer to try to charge off that rather than the plug; b) changing the plug into a different socket; c) plugging the USB in and out a few times at each end? It may be the charger or socket that's hinky rather than the phone. And they can be eccentric about working with one socket one day and another on another day.

Tried all of that and it didn't work. Just as I'm typing the phone vibrated and turned curtesy of the advice/suggestion of the last poster. I'm sooooo happy. Thanks a mil :)

Gonna let it charge for an hour and then back up quick just in case.

Ps I think there an issue with the phone as it was saying not recognising the device when trying to charge sometimes but then working other times.

Anyway, charge, back up and then fire it at Vodafone tomorrow.

• Advertisement

This is what worked for me, in case anyone else has a similar issue.

Thanks Gillo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

No problem, it may be a little slow the first time it turns back on so don't panic. Then back it up.

Does this count as "good deed for the day"? Who cares, time a a christmas bottle of Peroni!!

No problem, it may be a little slow the first time it turns back on so don't panic. Then back it up.

Does this count as "good deed for the day"? Who cares, time a a christmas bottle of Peroni!!

It's taking a while alright. Currently 13%, but I'm ok with that slow and steady and then back up later.

Definitely good deed for the day.

Enjoy your Peroni. Good choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Anyway, charge, back up and then fire it at Vodafone tomorrow.

Don't go near Vodafone set up the repair yourself through apple.ie be quicker and easier in the long run.Hope you got your photos back

fox007 wrote: »
    Don't go near Vodafone set up the repair yourself through apple.ie be quicker and easier in the long run.Hope you got your photos back

Photos definitely there. I think I'll go through Vodafone as it's a company phone. Cheers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Photos definitely there. I think I'll go through Vodafone as it's a company phone. Cheers though.

This happens the odd time, the hard reset (mentioned above) usually fixes it. Glad it worked for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Double check that the port doesn't have any lint in it. Carefully using a safety pin or needle you can remove the lint from the port.

Advertisement