Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

zerks wrote: »
    Another young lad signed by Chelsea & sent on loan.

https://twitter.com/AcaStop/status/557281147030622208

They might want to inform Vitesse about these things from now on.
    No one there knew of this apparently.

Vitesse doesnt need midfielders anyway, they are in desperate need of a solid striker as that is keeping them down the ranking, lack of goals.

Marin from Chelsea on loan to Anderlecht including option to buy him end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kyle Naughton for £5m! Did Swansea every watch him play, he's painfully average.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

5 million is pocket change these days

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

rob316 wrote: »
    Kyle Naughton for £5m! Did Swansea every watch him play, he's painfully average.

Great deal for Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Marin recalled from fiorentina loan and now has been shipped out to anderlect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

5 million is pocket change these days

I wish Villa could spend 5 million on a player again*

*8 million is the agreed price for Tom Cleverley but if Villa pay that for him then there would be riots.

Rumour illaramendi is being sold by Madrid, rumoured to athletic for 20 or so million and are replacing him with Lucas silva from Brazil (never heard of him). Seems a player who made the elite jump a bit too soon in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Illaramendi is a class act, Real Madrid don't know how to use him. Bilbao should be in for him, he is exactly what they need and now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

klose wrote: »
    Rumour illaramendi is being sold by Madrid, rumoured to athletic for 20 or so million and are replacing him with Lucas silva from Brazil (never heard of him). Seems a player who made the elite jump a bit too soon in his career.

He didn't have much of a choice though. When Real come calling, they get who they want. Will they give Lucas Silva a chance or will he be shipped out in a year's time without being given a proper chance like Illara is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Rumour illaramendi is being sold by Madrid, rumoured to athletic for 20 or so million

I doubt he'd go to Bilbao; he's Sociedad through and through which is why I doubt he'd move to their arch-rivals. He's a top class player though, never really got a chance at Real like a lot of other players who went there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Illaramendi is a quality player but all this talk of it being Real's fault whenever a good player leaves is always exaggerated. He's got some great attributes but he never fully really grabbed chances he had to really impress. He should take a look at Modric, he was in the same speculation Illara is getting now and then had the season of his life and suddenly became quite important to Real.

He's a very good player though, he'd be wasted at Sociedad being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Corholio wrote: »
    Illaramendi is a quality player but all this talk of it being Real's fault whenever a good player leaves is always exaggerated. He's got some great attributes but he never fully really grabbed chances he had to really impress. He should take a look at Modric, he was in the same speculation Illara is getting now and then had the season of his life and suddenly became quite important to Real.

He's a DM right?? I wonder if Arsene is Aware of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Corholio wrote: »

True to an extent, but he was never given a fair crack. It took Modric an extended run of games to truly shine. Illa never got that. Look at the players ahead of him too, Modric, Alonso for a time, Khedira and Kroos. All for 2 positions. He's young and needs game time, going there so early was a poor decision if anything.

Ancellotti is a top top manager, but he puts a lot of emphasis on seniority. You can't judge a player for not fighting their way into the team. Look at Varane, he is IMO the best CB at the club. He can't get a game because Ramos and Pepe are some of the most senior players with the most influence.

This also leads me to believe that Khedira will sign a new contract. He's free to speak to other clubs and sign a pre-contract yet there has been very little noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

rob316 wrote: »

Olsson is the better player too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Buy all the Costa's!!!

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/558650663048339457

Are Chelsea planning on selling anyone to be able to afford (from a FFP point of view) these players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

brevity wrote: »
    Buy all the Costa's!!!
    Are Chelsea planning on selling anyone to be able to afford (from a FFP point of view) these players?

If transfer rumours are to be believed, they're planning on selling Schurle to Werder Bremen and Salah to Roma.

Or, insert players outside first 11 here, followed by any large Italian/German/Spanish club.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

brevity wrote: »
    Buy all the Costa's!!!

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/558650663048339457

Chelsea are still in profit from the summer transfers so they don't need to sell to buy.

But competition wise, it doesn't make sense to have 4 players on the right side of midfield so I'm assuming there will be 1 in 1 out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I see Inter signed highly rated Croatian midfielder Marcelo brozovic on a two year loan deal with a view to buy. Keen To see how he turns out as he was heavily linked with arsenal for some time.. Mancini has been making some shrewd signings since returning to the San Siro

• Advertisement

Eto'o has completed his move to samp, they also snapped up Luis Muriel who kind of disappeared the last year or two.
    Roma have made yanga mbiwas loan from Newcastle permanent also just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Konoplyanka to Roma is the latest rumour. Going to miss him being linked to Spurs & Liverpool every window.
    Milan being linked with Munoz from Palermo & have signed Bocchetti on a 6 month loan from Spartak.....scraping that bargain bin again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Sky banning supporters from deadline day outside clubs..........

Deadline day ruined for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

racso1975 wrote: »

Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

racso1975 wrote: »

It's not their ground, how can they ban anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's not their ground, how can they ban anyone?

Sky created this circus and now get pissy when the clowns misbehave.
    I presume they'll do the feeds in a location that won't allow anyone to get behind the reporter.

A sad day for purple dildos.

• Advertisement

Think they'll do them from inside the club

Was always going to happens after the last deadline day

razorblunt wrote: »
    Sky created this circus and now get pissy when the clowns misbehave.
    I presume they'll do the feeds in a location that won't allow anyone to get behind the reporter.

A sad day for purple dildos.

It's gas watching Stoke fans go mental over mediocre signings,the crowds there are like extras from a mix of Deliverance and The People Under The Stairs.

25946-jqkq98.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

if anyone thought they were going to miss a dildo on deadline day, this is happening

BT-Sport-Promo-Transfer-Deadline-Day-2015-with-Robbie-Savage-and-Lynsey-Hipgrave-11-728x411.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't who that guy is but I already hate him

he was in the youth team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Callum McManaman to West Brom for £4.75 million. Good signing by Pulis.

arsenal have signed gabriel paulista from villarreal for 15m something, it was reported before as £ but now it's gone through it seems to be €15m(£11.2). joel campbell is on loan for the rest of the season to villarreal as part of the deal

they had already signed 17 year old, DM, Krystian Bielik from Legia Warsaw for £2.4

renowned miser arsene wenger has now spent £135-140m in the last four transfer windows

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Robbie Savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Jordon Mutch signs for Crystal Palace after only half a season with QPR. QPR have made a loss on him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They'll look a very complete team if he comes in for Willian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Schurrle signs for Wolfsburg apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hatem Ben Arfa cannot play for his new club Nice this season! Nice plan to take this to court!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31068308

• Advertisement

Destro on loan to milan from roma, rumour they are looking to replace him with doumbia. RIP fifa if so.

Jack Cork has signed for Swansea for around £3 million.
    Not bad business for that kind of money.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/30/swansea-jack-cork-transfer-southampton

Destro on loan to milan from roma, rumour they are looking to replace him with doumbia. RIP fifa if so.

Confirmed there about an hour ago. 15 million it will cost them.

Advertisement